Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan (26647 Views)

Army Re-opens Borno Highways Three Years After Closure / Gov. Ajimobi Re-election Campaign In Mapo Hall In Ibadan,oyo State. (photos) / Breaking: Ajimobi Re-election Rice Has Landed In Oyo State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by omobadan(m): 2:52am On Dec 16, 2014
From Nigerian Tribune - 16th December 2014.

GOVERNOR Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State on Sunday, performed the re-opening of the reconstructed Agodi Gardens, saying that it had the potential to generate not lesser than N500 million to the state government annually.

The Gardens, now re-christened “Agodi Resort and Conferences’’ is sitting on 62 hectares of land in-between the state Government Secretariat and the popular Premier Hotel in the heart of Ibadan.

Governor Ajimobi, while speaking at the ceremony attended by eminent personalities, members of the State Executive Council, students and parents, described the project as a dream come true.

The lighting of Christmas Tree in the gardens was also performed on the occasion by a legal luminary, Chief (Mrs.) Folake Solanke, SAN.

Ajimobi said that his administration was motivated to embark on the reconstruction of the Gardens, in view of its long years of neglect by successive administrations which had left the hitherto popular zoological gardens in a sorry state.

``Agodi Gardens was in a sorry state when we first visited the place. It was desolate and empty. Everything was very bad. It had deteriorated so much and it was very shameful to us in Oyo State,’’ he said.

http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/24257-why-we-reconstructed-agodi-gardens-ajimobi/24257-why-we-reconstructed-agodi-gardens-ajimobi

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by oduastates: 3:46am On Dec 16, 2014
This is beautiful. Good job. Now this has to be extended to neighbourhoods.

13 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by ibkgab001: 4:13am On Dec 16, 2014
Yes we are getting there##Nigeria ma fine fine

6 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by onatisi(m): 4:41am On Dec 16, 2014
Good job well done

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by mistabiola: 4:44am On Dec 16, 2014
This is beautiful

I am Nigerian. And a patriotic one. No amount of blackmail and name - calling will make me look back on my choice of a new president. A president I know will fight corruption. A president I know will not steal my money. A president I know will not promote violence. If the Jonathanians like, let them hug transformer. Buhari your only hope!

#iThink | #iBelieve | #iNewNigeria

#TakeBackNigeria | #iStand4NewNigeria

41 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by stinggy(m): 5:10am On Dec 16, 2014
Xmas go sweet this year sha cheesy

Missbronze let's go together na wink

Will this facility be managed by a private coy or state will run it? If it is the latter, then I'm sorry to say it won't last. Give it maximum of a year! Can't forget how much was spent on beautification+irrigation of the express-way. Now an eyesore.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by onatisi(m): 5:14am On Dec 16, 2014
mistabiola:
This is beautiful

I am Nigerian. And a patriotic one. No amount of blackmail and name - calling will make me look back on my choice of a new president. A president I know will fight corruption. A president I know will not steal my money. A president I know will not promote violence. If the Jonathanians like, let them hug transformer. Buhari your only hope!

#iThink | #iBelieve | #iNewNigeria

#TakeBackNigeria | #iStand4NewNigeria
are u mentally stable at all ? What has jonathan got to do with agodi gardens?

16 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by mistabiola: 5:59am On Dec 16, 2014
onatisi:
I am not mentally stable at all ? I wish to go to agodi psychiatry hospital ?

Really cheesy grin

20 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 16, 2014
stinggy:
Xmas go sweet this year sha cheesy

Missbronze let's go together na wink

Will this facility be managed by a private coy or state will run it? If it is the latter, then I'm sorry to say it won't last. Give it maximum of a year! Can't forget how much was spent on beautification+irrigation of the express-way. Now an eyesore.
Am not going.
Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by Gbawe: 8:32am On Dec 16, 2014

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1913342_6_jpegc57de7ffb63a04971dc3a933cf2f080d

Laudable project. See more impressive pictures via the link below to include images of the Garden at construction stage.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1718328

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by Gbawe: 8:35am On Dec 16, 2014

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by Gbawe: 8:39am On Dec 16, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by Gbawe: 8:40am On Dec 16, 2014
Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by Gbawe: 8:43am On Dec 16, 2014

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by AJINATU: 8:47am On Dec 16, 2014
This is very impressive

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 16, 2014
Nice pictures we have here. I need to start planning a vacation there with my sweet woman.

cool

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by stinggy(m): 9:18am On Dec 16, 2014
missbronze:
Am not going.
sad angry angry
Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by PapaBrowne(m): 9:48am On Dec 16, 2014
Lovely garden. Best in Nigeria. Very impressive. I just love beautiful public spaces like parks especially in urban areas. We need more of this. The quality is outstanding.

10 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by Brimmie(m): 10:15am On Dec 16, 2014
Sweet Jesus!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by Gbawe: 11:39am On Dec 16, 2014
Brimmie:
Sweet Jesus!! shocked

I know. Very impressive. Nigerians deserve this standard because we have the wealth to ensure that leisure and relaxation time, which is very important to the productivity and motivation of manpower, is fulfilling for Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by onatisi(m): 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
What we need is maintenance culture and the upgrading of existing ones . Well done ajimobi but pdp will do better .

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by skyfall: 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
Very beautiful. Good job!

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by shiffynaani(m): 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
onatisi:
What we need is maintenance culture and the upgrading of existing ones . Well done ajimobi but pdp will do better .
yea,just like they've been doing for the past 16 years. No matter what,#FOOLS will still be on earth

27 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by shiffynaani(m): 9:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
Our dream will only come true with what i'm seeing with these apc guys. Kudos Ajimobi

#ChangeIsHere!

10 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by yasuleiman(m): 11:03am On Dec 20, 2014
Good project, how much is the gate fee?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by Johnnyessence(m): 11:30am On Dec 20, 2014
waooooo Ajimobi is trying oooo kudos to him.
Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by Gbawe: 11:38am On Dec 20, 2014
onatisi:

Can you even listen to your own dishonesty without throwing up? Has the PDP not been tried, tested and announced a resounding failure in the SW? Where do you get your own upside down reasoning from? Sane people use past record to determine likely outcome of the future. That is why a convicted criminal is banned from holding certain positions in saner climes. This is why it is perfectly normal to contend that a misruler will be prone to misruling in future and not the other way round as you inanely postulate.

Anyway, Nigeria is the land where everything is upside down so I am not surprised you can say that a Party that is known for corruption and failure is now going to miraculously develop the ability to "do better" than those currently delivering pace-setting results never before witnessed in the SW.

31 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by siraj1402(m): 11:43am On Dec 20, 2014
Nice one as I can see easy ride to government house for for your second term with all this.Since all this oyato people never agree to be one,then Ibadan and the entire oyo state will continuing changing for good.
GMB 2015 by God grace,enough of good luck to a person and bad luck to other.Change is all we need.
Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by badex11: 11:44am On Dec 20, 2014
Jj

8 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by Nelsizzy(m): 11:45am On Dec 20, 2014
Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by happyzed0(f): 11:46am On Dec 20, 2014
Beautiful place
Re: Ajimobi Re-opens Agodi Gardens, Ibadan by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 20, 2014
When you go close to nature like this within an urban center...it rejuvenates your body and soul.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Removes Frank Mba As Spokesman / The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians / APC Letter Announcing Suspension Of Rochas Okorocha (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.