Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa (63856 Views)

Lady Arrives Kaduna Stadium In Beads For NGR Vs EGY M / Photos: Super Eagles Final Training At Akwa Ibom International Stadium / Akwa Ibom International Stadium enters Final Stage Of Construction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by hensben(m): 8:19am On Dec 16, 2014
day dreaming
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by majorfarms(m): 8:19am On Dec 16, 2014
Real great stadium, just hope the normal thing that happens to govt infrastructures dosnt happen to this one. Make we maintain am oh.
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by sleinadczar: 8:20am On Dec 16, 2014
Pls that image isn't the true picture of Akwa Ibom state Stadium.
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:20am On Dec 16, 2014
aresa:
Of what use and relevance is this white elephant?

When was the last time that football field hosted any game?

When was the last time the state made 1 kobo off the billions foolish apabio sank into that football filed?

What a waste...

Jajaweeed alert!

Same people that will complain that Nigeria has no world class stadium are here bad mouthing the birthing of one.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by holatin(m): 8:22am On Dec 16, 2014
Sambisa stadium is better than this
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 16, 2014
Absolutely not. Be sure you'll find atleast 5 better stadia in Africa if you bother to research.

oneeast:
Akwa-Ibom stadium is the best in Africa presently..
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Sageez(m): 8:24am On Dec 16, 2014
my own b say i jst de wait for carol nyt to nta dat (uyo) staduim. 20th oooooooooo wer r thou?
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by qualityovenbake(m): 8:26am On Dec 16, 2014
No! FNB stadium in Johannesburg South Africa is the best stadium in Africa and it's also the largest with a capacity of 94,700. Hosted the opening ceremony 2010 FIFA
World Cup.
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Acidosis(m): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2014
liberty300:
this thinking is why Africa is backward. I know people like you would travel abroad and see such a stadium and be awed. But if it built in your mother land, it becomes a waste. You guys are pathetic

And don't you gimme that crap that many people are starving while they are building stadiums..the world was built that way,Americans even used slaves. Most countries like Qatar with extreme poverty built a 21st century city. Be proud of your country's achievements...don't hate

Best comment on Nairaland in 2014.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Wisdytech(m): 8:28am On Dec 16, 2014
My home town is Uyo, Akwa Ibom State || so i wont speak because i hate Akwa Ibom, Uyo or even our Gov. Akpabio, but to favour everyone including mad people on the road or even Mad women in your street. Akwa ibom Intl. Stadium is not the best in Africa, but the stadium is one of the Best in Africa. Please take note. Thanks all
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by TonYzeallY(m): 8:31am On Dec 16, 2014
Don't care whaT's goinG on wit NFF..Akaw-Ibom ayaya!
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Oblion(m): 8:31am On Dec 16, 2014
It ain't even the best in Nigeria
OP.. You be villager

1 Like

Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Emilord(m): 8:31am On Dec 16, 2014
If that stadium is the best in Africa,then is obvious u r insulting Africa

1 Like

Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by okiezman(m): 8:35am On Dec 16, 2014
Before you conclude op check south african stadiums and north african stadiums please, it Myt number 1 in west africa but not number 1 in africa
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by sarutobie(m): 8:35am On Dec 16, 2014
liberty300:
this thinking is why Africa is backward. I know people like you would travel abroad and see such a stadium and be awed. But if it built in your mother land, it becomes a waste. You guys are pathetic

And don't you gimme that crap that many people are starving while they are building stadiums..the world was built that way,Americans even used slaves. Most countries like Qatar with extreme poverty built a 21st century city. Be proud of your country's achievements...don't hate
dude don't be deceived! that hellish spawn is against the stadium only because it was built by a governor from the southern stock and from the much maligned pdp party at that...again, do not be deceived.
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by nigerianvenom(m): 8:35am On Dec 16, 2014
liberty300:

my bro,most of them just criticized,not because the hate such achievement but because it wasn't done by most hype fashola.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by pendusky(m): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2014
ibkgab001:
The stadium is badluck stadium it will be in histroy for life how south africa gave us 2-0
south Africa vs Nigeria match ended 2:2 Ur a bad luck for life
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by peculiarabacus(m): 8:40am On Dec 16, 2014
LIKE I DO SAY: the field is a sigh that of furtune ...

More is coming on our way

APC for 2015...
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Soso990240(m): 8:41am On Dec 16, 2014
It should be one of d best..I don't knw of beein d best.
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by sarutobie(m): 8:41am On Dec 16, 2014
nigerianvenom:

my bro,most of thrme just criticized,not because the hate such achievement but because it wasn't done by most hype fashola.
rephrase that, they actually hate such achievement because it wasn't done by their own..meanwhile the man who repented (from pdp to apc) is still struggling with a 500meter monorail..meanwhile an aesthetically pleasing stadium has been built and launched within that time..

1 Like

Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Callfubu(m): 8:42am On Dec 16, 2014
aresa:

When was the last time the state made 1 kobo off the billions foolish apabio sank into that football filed?

What a waste...

people like you are tooooooo myopic, you and your cohorts are the problem of Nigeria. Tomorrow y'all will be the first for castigating the govt for doing nothing. you think Britain and america just materialized from thin air and became that developed? there is no better governor than akpabio ATM, and please its not because of the stadium, check his other achievements.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:42am On Dec 16, 2014
ibeandrew7:
The stadium is one of the best achievements of Governor Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State.

Based on the structures,I believe the stadium is the best in Africa.

See more photos here: http://m.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F1IVF7wg&h=PAQFO-xef&enc=AZMj3RCxqnZCTY2ZCwFd2t32UtZm0kKkZH72oIdsaiPgVdOjttHxADM4477GPo0DbYmW_KcxF6HqzKuMGn7vYlEsSPhadG4n7e-y56xehY8GTQ
op u r high on Gum+very dry weed seriously u r passing a motion n trying to tell we well meaning nairalanders n Nigeria's DAT one thing is better Dan d other yet u no upload d pix make we compare n choose the best u just dey share one foolish link for us watin u dey feel like n watin u take us for??

1 Like

Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Emmydo360(m): 8:44am On Dec 16, 2014
dis op dey mad o.... are u a Nigerian at all ?.... didn't u hear at the opening ceremony dat its the best in WEST AFRICA? why r u now comparing it to south africa... dis op deserves a knock on d head...
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Soso990240(m): 8:44am On Dec 16, 2014
wallflower:

Thank you, any time I bring the fact of what a waste that stadium is I get attacked, Nigerians are too sports centric and will support anything related to sports no matter how stupid.
what did u wan them to use d money for? Must we always complain? We talk of Development and we see everything wrong in bulding a gud stadium.wat about SouthAfrica dat has up to 5 of that Stadium?
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Galadimabawa: 8:49am On Dec 16, 2014
ibkgab001:
The stadium is badluck stadium it will be in histroy for life how south africa gave us 2-0
am i sure I understand u? Was it SA
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Emmydo360(m): 8:52am On Dec 16, 2014
Wisdytech:
My home town is Uyo, Akwa Ibom State || so i wont speak because i hate Akwa Ibom, Uyo or even our Gov. Akpabio, but to favour everyone including mad people on the road or even Mad women in your street. Akwa ibom Intl. Stadium is not the best in Africa, but the stadium is one of the Best in Africa. Please take note. Thanks all
did ur governor tagged d stadium the best in Africa or d best in west Africa? ... are u an APC fan?
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by femiola3: 8:55am On Dec 16, 2014
aresa:

What a waste...

I m wondering too ..cos I don’t know of any standard football club own by the state government…so why embarking on such a huge project? Just because it is government money…If it s Abia state it would ve been better. She has Enyimba football club. Southern states know how to waste money because of their 13% derivation.. God help us from politicians.
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Lawalemi(m): 8:57am On Dec 16, 2014
Building stadium, no public infrastructure
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by femiola3: 8:59am On Dec 16, 2014
Soso990240:
what did u wan them to use d money for? Must we always complain? We talk of Development and we see everything wrong in bulding a gud stadium.wat about SouthAfrica dat has up to 5 of that Stadium?

you want to compare ursef with south africa?...We cant even boast of 5hrs power supply...The fact is we are very far frm SA in most things you can think of.
Re: Photos: Akwa Ibom International Stadium Uyo Is the Best Stadium In Africa by Orikinla(m): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2014
OP, it is not even among the best five in Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kelvin Odinaka Shot Dead By UK Police / Gerard Pique Goes To Training With His N4M Electric Bike B'cos Of Driving Ban / Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.