Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Sallah Is Celebrated In Sokoto Today - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sallah Is Celebrated In Sokoto Today (4251 Views)

NASFAT Members Desert Their Homes To Celebrate Sallah In IDP Camp At Durumi Dist / Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays / When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sallah Is Celebrated In Sokoto Today by luv2talk(m): 11:12am On Dec 07, 2008
Asalam alaekum,I want to tell my muslim brothers on Nairaland that they are currently celebrating salah in sokoto and Rams are being slaughtered.im confused because right now,im watching a live arafat on my TV.Is sultan of Sokoto right or wrong for doing this??
Re: Sallah Is Celebrated In Sokoto Today by olabowale(m): 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2008
May Allah forgive all Muslims. And give the muslims leadership that has knowledge and wisdom. Hajj must be done before it. The day of Arafat is "Hajj" itself.

Thee is no Hajj except a person participate in the day of Arafat. Arafat is just in one place. Arafat is today. Even if the moon were to say that Arafat was yesterday, but humans are on Arafat, today. Therefore, Arafat is today, because the whole Jami'a of Ujaj are on Arafat now. No one was on Arafat, yesterday.

The above is a good and the only necessary proof for a person who has wisdom and knowledge. While knowledge is important, it could be based on structural process alone. But wisdom is more of what the heart will accept if thorough analysis of the strucyural process is carried out and examined.

Prophet Muhammad (AS) said that his nation will not collectively agree with something wrong. This means that they will collectively agree with something correct. This is Mercy from Allah.

Allah says in His Book that we should hold on "Collectively" to the rope of Allah, and do not be divided. While a local sighting of the moon maybe acceptably used in the month of ramadan, the singular "landmark or benchmark" for the slaughter Ed, is the day of Arafat itself. And today is that date. And therefore tomorrow should be, for all the muslims, based on the fact that the Ujaj are on arafat, the 10th of Dhul Hijjah.

Alhamdulillah, Islam is not a local religion, where something globally recognized like the day of Arafat is "ignored" for the purpose of keeping strictly with "moon sighting." Islam is a single community religion.

If I were living in a place where ed is taking place right now, I would have travelled out to a place nearby, where such celebration is not taking place. I will then celebrate Ed with them tomorrow, and return home immediately to do my own slaughter. Afterall, the slaughter is for 3 days; 10, 11, and 12 day of the month. The 13 day of the month, the moon is full through the 15.

Muslims the world over should always avoid to tear apart or separate themselves into fragmented smaller groups. If I live in a community that is not doing something opposing what the total muslim community is doing, as long as that thing is good and not against Islam, I will participate. Here is what i mean: many years ago, I made Isha prayer in a masjid that was closer to my home than the next one. But later on I heard that this second masjid began fasting. So I made Niyan to fast. In Salatul Subh, I asked the Imam of the same masjid where I prayed the last prayer if we were fasting and that if I am correct to start my fast? He responded no in both situations, because I am part of this jama ah, I just could not be all over the place. My masjid for that ramadam was the community tht I belonged to and not the other one, because of my previous Isha prayer and the following Subh prayers.

Our sigular masjid is Masjid Haram where the Kaaba is located. Our singular mount arafat is just that; Mount Arafat in Makka. What are they doing there, now? They are on MOunt Arafat, and not Musdalifah or Minna. Our leaders, while we should follow them, in what is good, we should encourage them that they should act with wisdom and nothing else, where the best action is to solidify for the whole world to see, the singular brotherhood and sisterhood of Islam. A nation that Allah describes as the best community raised up for mankind. It is supposed to be a moderate nation, not going into any extreme in all its conditions.

May Allah forgive us all. In the maintime: Id Kabir Karim to everyone.
Re: Sallah Is Celebrated In Sokoto Today by olabowale(m): 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2008
FRom Yahoo. They are talking about "full moon." One is coming up on the 12th of December, 2008.

Popular Yahoo! PropertiesYahoo! Home My Yahoo!
Dec 7, 2008 Page Options Color:Ocean Tangerine Violet Oyster Grass Pink
Switch to narrow layout

More Yahoo! Services
Y! International
Featured NavigationFeatured Entertainment Sports Video Dec 7, 2008
Myths of the full moon
Learn some bizarre legends of the full moon as one approaches on Dec. 12. ยป Kleptomania, what else?

Find full moon time on Dec. 12 2009 meteor shower to be strong Learn lunar legends before next full moon
Re: Sallah Is Celebrated In Sokoto Today by muteeu(m): 11:12pm On Dec 07, 2008
Salaam aleakum, this is the particular topic will treated at lecture today. the result is that, arafa is not concern with sigthed of moon. they gave many fatua (fact) from ahdith and contribution of scholars, even if they mistake with moon, the day they climp arafa, is the day of arafa and the seconday is hild-l-hada/kadar. So tommorrow Monday is hild. Because of this intention effort, sautan may face some challenges because one of brother here called mufti of csaudi Arabia on this issue and mufti reply that sautan should not try it and also collect sautan of sokoto's phone number from our Brother. Next year when they report that they that saw the moon will can follow them because fact remain that when they see the sighted of moon, we start fasting. so hid-l-kadarin in advance.

(1) (Reply)

Hunting In The Sacred Months / Is Killing 'boko Haram' Fair ? / The Campaign Against Islam On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.