Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines (18769 Views)

Breaking Apc Currently Rigging The Ongoing E-voting Between Jonathan And Buhari / Jonathan, Ministers Visit Fashola, Condole With Family / 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by emmkid(m): 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
Lmao, dey said u can't RIG with it, bring it to Nigerians and dey'll manipulate it to start E-RIGGING, grin
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Dbboy(m): 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
Since fashola has done has turned FG let him implement the use of the machine.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by searay(m): 8:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
StealthyMe:
Excellent ! At least it'll help in curbing election rigging to the barest mimimum undecided
there must be a way in Nigeria
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Dannyset(m): 8:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
all4naija:

Bring us the best not from India! The country in their overrated minds still looks like poor African society. Bleh!angry angry angry

If Jega is good at his job, he should hav done something better than this. We just hav people with higher degrees leading us, but they still remain clueless. Isn't Jega a Prof? He should know more, since his level of thinking was documented as a Professor. Well, that's his problem.
And never u compare India to Nigeria technologically, except ur one of those who are blinded by........
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by ruffDiamond: 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
Wetin concern me. . As long as GMB finally kick da fedora wearing , fake smile wearing nicompoop back to his village and that would have been very magnanimous of GMB COS he should actually be kicked into kirikiri!

1 Like

Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Sibrah: 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2015
The final data will be collated in a single 'hackable' server controlled by the INEC

1 Like

Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by ZACHIE: 8:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
Dannyset:

If Jega is good at his job, he should hav done something better than this. We just hav people with higher degrees leading us, but they still remain clueless. Isn't Jega a Prof? He should know more, since his level of thinking was documented as a Professor. Well, that's his problem.
And never u compare India to Nigeria technologically, except ur one of those who are blinded by........
Don't be too hard on Jega.
He proposed this within a month of assuming office and he was told to Shut The Kfuc Up.
He did.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Beerem: 8:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
NIGERIA SHOULD DEVELOPE HER OWN.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Beerem: 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
NIGERIA SHOULD DEVELOP HER OWN.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by mytime24(f): 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
Chanchit:
So Fashola don turn INEC Boss!? Pls, schedule another meeting with Jega.
d matter get k-leg
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
Dannyset:

Did I compared both of them on technology? If you'd read my post correctly you will see where I ask for the best from other nation not India. Their technology has not helped to develop their society and move the poor people forward like in China. Please, stop bringing in irrelevant statement.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by datribune: 8:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
SOMETHING DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT. d main justification 4 dis machines by INEC was dat it would prevent multiple voting. Now they ar saying we hav to rely on officials to prevent multiple voting since d machine does not hav provision 4 fingerprints detection. I'm I missing something here?.
d countries where it has been tried previously:
Namibia wit a population of 2.3m
Nepal, one of d most corrupt &  poorest countries in d world wit a population of 27.8m. smh

1 Like

Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
No system is perfectly safe. That machine can be hacked. By APC ofcourse.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Dannyset(m): 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
all4naija:

Did I compared both of them on technology? If you'd read my post correctly you will see where I ask for the best from other nation not India. Their technology has not helped to develop their society and move the poor people forward like in China. Please, stop bringing in irrelevant statement.

Ok! Maybe u didn't know that the technological revolution of India started when China has already been established technologically. And besides, is it not dis same India ur people run to, when they hav heart problem? Pls be logical. What dey produced for their election is far better that our system and still affordable. So why using anoda point to render it useless. Abeg talk anoda thing.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by datribune: 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
Dannyset:

My broad I tire oh. d machine doesn't even hav fingerprint detection capabilities & we hav to rely on d vigilance of INEC officials to prevent multiple voting. Check out d countries where it has been used previously:
Namibia a country wit a population of 2.3m
Nepal, one of d most corrupt & poorest countries in d world wit a population of 27.8m. How smart is Prof Jega?
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Dannyset(m): 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
ZACHIE:

Don't be too hard on Jega.
He proposed this within a month of assuming office and he was told to Shut The Kfuc Up.
He did.

He proposed, but he never pushed.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
Dannyset:

Ok! Maybe u didn't know that the technological revolution of India started when China has already been established technologically. And besides, is it not dis same India ur people run to, when they hav heart problem? Pls be logical. What dey produced for their election is far better that our system and still affordable. So why using anoda point to render it useless. Abeg talk anoda thing.
What are you talking about?! India is a sh*t hole like Africa. In fact, some African countries look more descent than India. Whether their technological revolution started not long is irrelevant to this argument. Initially, you where trying to make it looks as though they are so advanced technologically they should be compared to the best when they are not.

Nigerians are running everywhere. Even in Somalia you would see them there. For your information, Indians are also running down to the country in search of greener pasture.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by anonimi: 9:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
colossus2:

I think state IECs have been scrapped from conducting elections presently

Source
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Pius007: 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
Na today?Presentation always sound better when it comes to implementation na wahala.Where were the indian experts since two years ago?Maybe they just reliease Nigeria general election. For me,they shud meet with Jega(Inec Chairman) for the presentation and start with Local Govt.election.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by ZACHIE: 9:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
Dannyset:

He proposed, but he never pushed.
This deaf and dumb government? He needed to throw a few bombs, blow a number of public offices to rouse them from their binge induced sleeps.
Jega is too fine bred to talk to the deaf and uncomprehending.
The chairman up there is incapable of simple things much less paradigm shifting technology.
Abeggii
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 03, 2015
I hope it can't be programmed to rig, trust politicians.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Dannyset(m): 9:20pm On Jan 03, 2015
all4naija:

What are you talking about?! India is a sh*t hole like Africa. In fact, some African countries look more descent than India. Whether their technological revolution started not long is irrelevant to this argument. Initially, you where trying to make it looks as though they are so advanced technologically they should be compared to the best when they are not.

Nigerians are running everywhere. Even in Somalis you would see them. For your information, Indians are also running down to the country in search of greener pasture.

Nope! I didn't say they were technologically advanced. I am just saying, they are ahead of us, and u know it. What dey offer is not as best as advanced world, but its better than our system of voting, dis u also know. So why are we condemning it? Is it because it was brought and showcased by an opposition? How long are we going to let dis haunt us?
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by tanwiz: 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
Check out STP (@tobilistic): https://twitter.com/tobilistic?s=09
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Dannyset(m): 9:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
ZACHIE:

This deaf and dumb government? He needed to throw a few bombs, blow a number of public offices to rouse them from their binge induced sleeps.
Jega is too fine bred to talk to the deaf and uncomprehending.
The chairman up there is incapable of simple things much less paradigm shifting technology.
Abeggii

Lol @ bombing before they hear u. Well, the truth is, if he truly pushed for it and media hyped it, u know Nigerians naw, they will support. And if its not completely done, we would be close to it. What I think is, he's been briefed on what dey want to achieve tru him, and he just decided to play along.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by colossus2: 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
anonimi:

Source
Why are you squeezing your head now with that smiley bro
http://www.punchng.com/politics/2015-urgent-tasks-before-inec/

Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by duni04(m): 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
Na wa o. Why they pitching to Fashola? He's not the INEC commissioner. Weird undecided
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by PGON(m): 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
As I'm reading the OP, the only thoughts going through my mind is in the negative. This machine can be manipulated.
Nigerian think faster than Indians (In reality), the machine that can serve Nigerians must be developed and monitored by Nigerians.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by colossus2: 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
Isiterere:
Thanks.
SIEC. Noted and updated....

ALL IZZ WELL

It's wrong.
Formerly it was SIEC, but henceforth INEC will conduct ALL elections in Nigeria.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:
Bro, what happened to Barcanista?? angry
not at all my oga.
Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Skywalker5(m): 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
ZACHIE:

You know too little about the people ruling you and I mean dem Politicians.
All ideas sold to them must have personal profit value.
I'd it is established that a Personal Profit Value ,.(PPV) exists, the idea is accepted.
PPV might be electoral value, cash value or goodwill value.
If the idea is easily executable without any technical encumbrances, the idea is adopted and
Stolen entirely. Idea owner gets Nada.
If the idea requires technical competencies, the idea owner is allowed to come inside for further discussion. Once he explains the tech details, he joins his folk up there at No. 1.
If the idea is seriously passworded, they fly you from India.
How many of our lazy brained graduates have such depth of thought?
Question.

Its funny how you called nigerian graduate lazy.Well,i won't go into that.So you believe the Indians are very good at technology?its very obvious Nigerians would rather trust a foreigner than their own people for business. The same reason why there is unemployment.Every project is being contracted to foreign companies. i can guarantee you the technology the Indians are bringing in is basic. Of course they will use sweet tech buzz words and bring people of different race to ignorant people.people will listen,smile and say they are good for the job. This is not the first time this idea has been pitched. This is making news because Indians(foreigners) are involved.

1 Like

Re: Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
Dannyset:

Nope! I didn't say they were technologically advanced. I am just saying, they are ahead of us, and u know it. What dey offer is not as best as advanced world, but its better than our system of voting, dis u also know. So why are we condemning it? Is it because it was brought and showcased by an opposition? How long are we going to let dis haunt us?
Yes, I condemned it outright because Indians discriminate Nigerians and attack them in their country. Nigeria should go for the best rather than going for fairly working voting machines(not even a groundbreaking tech in the first place).

How long? I don't know but you don't expect Indians who disrespect Nigerians in their country to be admired by the same people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government / Buhari Does Not Know Everything About Nigeria’s Security – Femi Adesina / "El-Rufai Needs Psychiatric Test" – Shehu Sani Writes Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.