Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? (15922 Views)

See What A Lady Cooked For Her Man ! / Picture Of Jollof Rice Been Cooked By A Nairalander / Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 17, 2014
I spent the last two weeks in my aunty's place and she and her family beliefs that there is a punishment from God to whoever waste cooked food. I dnt know how true this is because I have a frnd that also doesn't waste food simply because God will punish her.

Sometimes food just doesn't waste intentionally, you cnt force yourself to eat excess food you have to leave it as left over.

What is your say about this?
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2014
Do you believe in karma?

Why waste food when you can use that same food to bring smiles to the face of your neighbors.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by AdeniyiA(m): 12:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
in life every of our actions and inaction has repercussions, wasting food is wrong nd not good, therefore deliberate efforts however should be made to avoid reaping the fruits of wrong actions

4 Likes

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by crackhaus: 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
Old testament teaching which originated from the story of the Israelites receiving a directive from God to pick only the manna and quails they would be able to eat for a day without leftovers.

Personally I think it's disrespectful and downright irresponsible to waste food, I just don't agree it's a sin against God - however, it's better for a person to take what they can eat and if not satisfied, take/ask for another serving.

7 Likes

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by tobechi20(m): 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
My money,my food.

It is no body buisness
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nigerians and spirits!
OlamiB:
I spent the last two weeks in my aunty's place and she and her family beliefs that there is a punishment from God to whoever waste cooked food. I dnt know how true this is because I have a frnd that also doesn't waste food simply because God will punish her.
Sometimes food just doesn't waste intentionally, you cnt force yourself to eat excess food you have to leave it as left over.

This sound like the story they tell us when we were kids in order to make us finish our food. Sometimes I wonder the age and background of people behind the screen.

OP, when you turn 13, you will turn back and laugh at this question.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by Ilekeh(f): 8:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
From big ikebe to cooked food.

Is NL sleeping?

6 Likes

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by babyfun(f): 8:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
It's in the bible, God hates wasters...
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by Nmeri17: 8:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
olamiB be trolling
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 8:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
yes
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by eleojo23: 8:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
It is not right to waste food.
But I don't think there is a spiritual punishment for that.

By the way, what exact punishment does she have in mind?

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by simmieyoung(m): 8:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
Ehm
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by vizkiz: 8:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
Only fools waste food when there are others starving and dying on the street angry

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by LMAyedun(m): 8:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
Ilekeh:
From big ikebe to cooked food.
Is NL sleeping?
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by ayusco85(m): 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hw
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by cococandy(f): 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
Just an excuse to get fat.
If you're full, dump the rest

Better still don't take too much to eat to start with so that there won't be any reason to dump it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by victorazy(m): 8:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
NO!
Food is the fruit of ur labor, if u decide to waste it, is ur own foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by Prodeegee(m): 8:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
No. But its bad to waste
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by LillyAnne(f): 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2014
Seriously, this is a good question. Anybody with an answer? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by roymary: 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
To have food to eat is a form of blessing- Just like being alive, being healthy, having a job, having children.

Abuse of any form of blessing would be considered a sin. Remember many are hungry all over the world- It wouldn't look good in the eyes of God that you waste the food many are dying to eat.

Always take the food you are able to consume. I do not eat too much simply because i hate to waste food.

It's a blessing to have food on the table.

Merry Christmas smiley

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by eyeview: 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
The truth is that any person that has the spirit of God in them will always receive that pricking in the heart that will call to your rememberance of others who might be starving while you waste your resources.
Also,the spirit of God is a spirit of discipline. If it dwell in you,you will not engage in a frivolous and wasteful lifestyle.
Scripurally,from the old testament to the new,the examples abound. From when God commanded the isrelites in the wilderness to pick manna and quail that will do for the day to avoid wastage to Christ commanding his disciples to pick up the left overs after feeding the multitude.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by victorazy(m): 8:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
victorazy:
NO!
Food is the fruit of ur labor, if u decide to waste it, is ur own foolishness.
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by ayusco85(m): 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
Na lie joor
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by amokeme(f): 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
There is this guilt i feel whenever i do..... cry
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by Breeze5000: 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
OlamiB:

Whether it's a SIN or not should not be the Issue here... but whether it is right or wrong, and it is very WRONG to waste food! There are millions Starving and none should waste food... Take only what you can eat and leave the Rest... GOD gave us sense to distinguish between Right and Wrong and everyone of us can do that...
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by victorazy(m): 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
vizkiz:
Only fools waste food when there are others starving and dying on the street angry

Na me be their papa?
They no get legs and hands?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
topic for the gods
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
grin
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
watch film..........watch film..........watch film..........
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by abiakelevra(m): 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
tobechi20:
My money,my food.

It is no body buisness
God s nobody pls remember dt
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by dhamstar(m): 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
Not really... But I'd say "Let no food be wasted"

You can share with your neighbours if it is cooked in excess instead of wasting it..............

Thanks!!
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by kinwayne(m): 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
Lol.. Personally,i dont think they is any spiritual attachment to wasting cooked food,just the typical Nigerian mentality,but logically,it just a'int right to throw away the food,when you know it could help the live of someone on the street..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Desserts / My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Unusual Birthday Cakes (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.