Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Tragedy Along Abuja/lokoja Express Way. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tragedy Along Abuja/lokoja Express Way. (1395 Views)

Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) / How Ilorin-lokoja Express Way Looks Like This Morning. Images Attached / Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tragedy Along Abuja/lokoja Express Way. by Evina(f): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
I witnessed this tragic road accident a few minutes ago. The affected transport vehicle is Peace Mass Transit. The driver broke his left leg, most of the passengers were badly injured and some died. cry

We met the bus badly damaged, lying sideways. A driver who witnessed the start of the whole tragedy said the driver of the bus overtook his trailer in "mad speed" then his tyre exploded and he swerved into the bush. He came back to the road, with the same speed, and crashed into one of those slabs demarcating the roads. The impact lifted the bus into the air, it somersaulted and crashed. Many of the passengers were stuck and the driver was caught in the door.

I dialled the Nigeria emergency number, 112 no connection. Others, helped lift the bus and move the accident victims. Thirty minutes or more later, the Federal Road Safety Corps showed up with an ambulance.

Such a sad, horrible sight. Pandemonium everywhere.
These people were probably travelling to join their loved ones for the approaching festivities. cry
Re: Tragedy Along Abuja/lokoja Express Way. by ammyluv2002(f): 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
Really sad
Re: Tragedy Along Abuja/lokoja Express Way. by enoqueen: 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
pics or .......
Re: Tragedy Along Abuja/lokoja Express Way. by Evina(f): 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
Trying to post pictures.
Re: Tragedy Along Abuja/lokoja Express Way. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
What a sad news. I refuse to be a victim of casualty.

(1) (Reply)

General Yakubu Gowon In 1973 Shaking Hands With Baby Justin Trudeau / I Caught A Gal Sniffing My Boxers / Nairalanders Are Fools If

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.