Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (14768 Views)

Youth Employment In Agriculture Programs ( YEAP) / Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (YEAP) / What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by arshavineering(m): 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
[quote author=forkadict post=28991696]

(2) When the devil you know has given you a job where you are being paid peanuts after being battered by hunger and hardcore suffering. I expect you to lick the devil's assssss till my baba turns 100.

lol..ur vexation and frustration de give me so much joy.. by the way I never knew being paid 6 digits start up pay was peanut oo..

I rather remain shoeless than wear Tinubu's shoes oo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by Rexyl(m): 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
ptoall:

Has anyone on this platform benefitted from this?
Really numerous farmers have benefited, I myself benefited a lot from Mr. President ATA. Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Millions of farmers across the federation were registered and e wallets allocated to them. Through the e-wallets they have been accessing farm inputs at highly subsidized rates for the past three years. The transformation takes care of maize, rice, cassava, cocoa, cotton, oilpalm production, livestock production, fisheries and agro processing. Thanks to President Jonathan. Thanks to the Hon. Minister of Agric... Dr. Akinwumi Adesina Ishola. Now we are getting to self sufficiency in rice production, and this has been reducing almost N1billion daily on rice importation. If such billion is getting to the youths, it will go a long way to create wealth and reduce poverty in the land

At present farm production is on increase in both crops and livestock. The only problem we have now is glut in the markets and falling prices associated with some agricultural produce, esp cassava. Now in my place farmers don't breakeven this year on cassava production. imagine the price falling down to N3000/ton from N20,000/ton. The price fall is as a result of sudden increase in production above the quantity being consumed. The government should work towards increasing the numbers of processing companies and value addition to farm products.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by forkadict(m): 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
arshavineering:
[/quote]
arshavineering post=28991862:

arshavineering:
[quote author=arshavineering post=28991862]

My frustrations and vexation Naah. Rather my ecstacy beacuase of the imminent change.

As for your 6 figure, even a gross salary of N1M p.a na 6 figure. But na still peanut. Go figure.

You prefer being without shoes than wearing Tinubu's shoes?? I no blame you. When GEJ don give you small job wey dey pay you shikini money, you feel you can enslave the whole nation right?
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by arshavineering(m): 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
forkadict:

My frustrations and vexation Naah. Rather my ecstacy beacuase of the imminent change.

As for your 6 figure, even a gross salary of N1M p.a na 6 figure. But na still peanut. Go figure.

You prefer being without shoes than wearing Tinubu's shoes?? I no blame you. When GEJ don give you small job wey dey pay you shikini money, you feel you can enslave the whole nation right?

Imagine being paid 6 digits as a trainee. ..I could hook you up if you ask...
lol..Hahahahha. .ntorr

when e go de sweet us, e go de pain dem
wen e go de pain dem, e go de sweet us.

GEJ till AMAECHI is made GMB's VP...crazy party

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by forkadict(m): 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
arshavineering:

Imagine being paid 6 digits as a trainee. ..I could hook you up if you ask...
lol..Hahahahha. .ntorr

when e go de sweet us, e go de pain dem
wen e go de pain dem, e go de sweet us.

GEJ till AMAECHI is made GMB's VP...crazy party

Dude, I work FYI and I know what obtains in the various sectors of the naija economy.

Power companies dont pay jack sheet. No need psyching yourself up. If you hear wetin your mates dey earn for private sector, you go vex go drink SNIPER (cos i dont consider NEPA to be in the private sector despite all the privatisation scam).

Unless you want to consider egunje whenever you guys go about disconnecting those who are defaulting in their payments as part of your salary.

But then whatever makes you happy.
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by forkadict(m): 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
Rexyl:

Really numerous farmers have benefited, I myself benefited a lot from Mr. President ATA. Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Millions of farmers across the federation were registered and e wallets allocated to them. Through the e-wallets they have been accessing farm inputs at highly subsidized rates for the past three years. The transformation takes care of maize, rice, cassava, cocoa, cotton, oilpalm production, livestock production, fisheries and agro processing. Thanks to President Jonathan. Thanks to the Hon. Minister of Agric... Dr. Akinwumi Adesina Ishola. Now we are getting to self sufficiency in rice production, and this has been reducing almost N1billion daily on rice importation. If such billion is getting to the youths, it will go a long way to create wealth and reduce poverty in the land

At present farm production is on increase in both crops and livestock. The only problem we have now is glut in the markets and falling prices associated with some agricultural produce, esp cassava. Now in my place farmers don't breakeven this year on cassava production. imagine the price falling down to N3000/ton from N20,000/ton. The price fall is as a result of sudden increase in production above the quantity being consumed. The government should work towards increasing the numbers of processing companies and value addition to farm products.

Tales by moonlight.

Why then is rice smuggling still on the rise? How much does a bag of rice sell for now?

Or lets even consider the cassava you cited as a case. Why hasnt the price of garri fallen

Your farming and what what are all done on paper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
"Against the might of resilient youths, there can be no victory" so says President Obama during his historic speech at Belfast, Northern Ireland.

The above is not a mere display of a skillful rhetoric of an orator, or neither is it a toothless speach typical of Nigerian politicians. Rather, it is an echo of self-evident truths as often revealed around the world.

It took the power of youths to reform Singapore.
It took the courage of youths to rebuild France, and it took a mouthwatering and unforgetable revolutionary strength of youths to liberate South Africa, Cuba, Venezuela and most recently of course, Nicaragua.

Fellow Nigerian youths, gladden up your heart and take note at once, that these immortal events that exemplified the possibilities as well as the indomitable force of determined youths is not only possible on the pages of history books, but it is also possible in our lives, and in our Country.

Every generation have its own unique and natural responsibility to their Country.
The generation of Awolowo, Sadauna and Azikwe's duty was to sweat and bleed for the independence of their Country, and they did just that, perfectly.
The generation of Benjamin Adekunle, Chris Okigbo and Captain Danjuma's duty was to fight and die so as to prevent their Country from breaking up.
Now, apparently, the duty of our generation is to detach from greed, lust and fears of man, and then stand up gallantly TO REFORM OUR COUNTRY ! It is indeed the acceptance of these natural duties that inform the creation of EOC.

Join the moving train, join change itself.
Remember: if you are not part of the solution then you are definately part of the problem.

Elites of Change (EOC)
...it begins with you.
www.eliteofchange@
elitesofchange@gmail.com
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
Boss13:

Funny enough, it always has to be someone related and not us directly. I actually wanted to ask you specific questions until i finished your comment and saw no need.
I applied but wasn't successful but I'm not bothered because I have a well paying job. She applied and was successful as with many others.
You can ask any question you want I will try to answer as I have a little knowledge of the operation of the programme.
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by Rexyl(m): 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
forkadict:

Tales by moonlight.

Why then is rice smuggling still on the rise? How much does a bag of rice sell for now?

Or lets even consider the cassava you cited as a case. Why hasnt the price of garri fallen

Your farming and what what are all done on paper.

you shouldn't even be surprised that there were reductions in the prices of ram this year. Stop hate and follow the reality. Gari prices don't jump abnormally this year, you should find that out. Even if you are talking about increase, it is wiser and current entrepreneurs that researched into adding value to gari.. in terms of quality and packaging; they did something instead of being lazy and criticizing government for every situation. Now they are making money, someone is lamenting.
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by cooljude(m): 2:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
I think some people don't understand the number one thing in politics which is interest. I have no political affiliation but this program is a very good initiative and more of this kind of program should be made available. For those that can't argue with fact but rather uses insults to hide their ignorance,i say you should continue. This was how some people lost houses that would have rightfully been theirs because they were doubting the sincerity of the Federal government that they want to sell it out at a subsidized price. At the last minute they realise it was true, but by then it was too late and they regretted their action. Wise up

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by Eneze1(f): 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
dozydre:
Any sensible nigerian will agree with me that this is a step in the right direction coming at the right time.. Let's not play politics with every good move made by this government. Applaud when needed and criticise when necessary,remember the future is ours to build. Good day all

Hehehehe really? This is just election gimmicks, the more you look the less you see.... 2 months to election there was launching of a program that the papers and concept has been done since August 2012

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by rareman(m): 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
world1:

My brother, you and I know that this is one of those numerous initiative that design exclusively for the elite farmer and their kids.
The ideal It's a good one but i wonder why everything is coded in this country?

Agric loan today agric fund tomorrow but we the real farmers are not getting the loan not to talk of grants.

Well as for me I will continue to help and expose youth to the secret of making it fast and big in Agri-Business.

YABDI. . . get involved
www.yabdi.org

My brother this is the bane of this nation. The elite using agriculture to form for us, it was this same government that lunched 14 billion naira dry season farming in january this year, yet a water project in Ogun state where you are suppose to have irrigation lacks single water even to wash your hand.
The other day an "honourable" member of the was being interviewed on Channels TV he kept mentioning agriculture, the interviewer pointed out to him that he sounds passionate about but looking at his past 20 years record his business has been in oil and gas, he retorted that agriculture is a social enterprise. Imagine the cliché
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
Does anybody know what this is really about and how to benefit from it?
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by Larow(m): 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2014
enkay11:
. My lineage has o. Dey there they complain.
peanut wey u go use do xmas don enter ur hand now, u don de make noise! Don't worry, xmas go soon go and d money go finish grin wooo! D kind suffer wey go follow am ehen, hin no go get 2nd half. Una jst de start. Sha vote 4 Change! Dats my own! Enough is Enough. GEJ must go! Buhari must win! Say amen in Igbo!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by Larow(m): 3:30pm On Dec 18, 2014
rareman:

My brother this is the bane of this nation. The elite using agriculture to form for us, it was this same government that lunched 14 billion naira dry season farming in january this year, yet a water project in Ogun state where you are suppose to have irrigation lacks single water even to wash your hand.
The other day an "honourable" member of the was being interviewed on Channels TV he kept mentioning agriculture, the interviewer pointed out to him that he sounds passionate about but looking at his past 20 years record his business has been in oil and gas, he retorted that agriculture is a social enterprise. Imagine the cliché
don't mind dem! Useless people
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by arshavineering(m): 3:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
forkadict:

Dude, I work FYI and I know what obtains in the various sectors of the naija economy.

Power companies dont pay jack sheet. No need psyching yourself up. If you hear wetin your mates dey earn for private sector, you go vex go drink SNIPER (cos i dont consider NEPA to be in the private sector despite all the privatisation scam).

Unless you want to consider egunje whenever you guys go about disconnecting those who are defaulting in their payments as part of your salary.

But then whatever makes you happy.

mere hearing your view on the power sector, I now know you know nothing about it. Please try and use the Internet to educate your ignorant and uninformed mind..smh
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
world1:
How Do Youth Benefit From This Program I Mean Which Office Can We Register Our Name Or Where Do We Pick The Form from
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2014
omisakint:
Gej until Apc fields a younger candidate

younger candidate you say? Mind you, Buhari is in his early seventies.
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by arshavineering(m): 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
Opytim:

younger candidate you say? Mind you, Buhari is in his early seventies.

na your papa mate abi??
or does he think he is contesting for the oldest president awaed??

Make him no go rest de chop his pension small small..
"old soldier is ..... and gone to his ..... "
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by jamst(m): 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
aaaaahhh! wat a big lie,dont be deceive oooo cos we were once ask to put down our name & email @ d ministry of agriculture for employment since 2011,up till now,nothing nothing oooo
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by world1(m): 6:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
How do we benefit from this?
Can someone give us the procedure or mode of application.

Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
arshavineering:

na your papa mate abi??
or does he think he is contesting for the oldest president awaed??

Make him no go rest de chop his pension small small..
"old soldier is ..... and gone to his ..... "

it seems you don't know much about what you are saying. But why bring 'papa' issue into this? You should be able to express your opinions without insulting others. Never in your lifetime bring my papa into issues like this again!
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by enomakos(m): 7:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
[quote
author=Lesgupnigeria post=28990651]
Yes.its real.
Go to ministry of agriculture in any of the state of the federation and
register as a farmer to benefit from the e-wallet initiative.[/quote]what is this e-wallet about?
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by enomakos(m): 8:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
[quote
author=abiodunalasa post=28994111]"Against the might of resilient
youths, there can be no victory" so says President Obama during his
historic speech at Belfast, Northern Ireland.

The above is not a mere display of a skillful rhetoric of an orator, or
neither is it a toothless speach typical of Nigerian politicians.
Rather, it is an echo of self-evident truths as often revealed around
the world.

It took the power of youths to reform Singapore.
It took the courage of youths to rebuild France, and it took a
mouthwatering and unforgetable revolutionary strength of youths to
liberate South Africa, Cuba, Venezuela and most recently of course,
Nicaragua.

Fellow Nigerian youths, gladden up your heart and take note at once,
that these immortal events that exemplified the possibilities as well as
the indomitable force of determined youths is not only possible on the
pages of history books, but it is also possible in our lives, and in
our Country.

Every generation have its own unique and natural responsibility to their
Country.
The generation of Awolowo, Sadauna and Azikwe's duty was to sweat and
bleed for the independence of their Country, and they did just that,
perfectly.
The generation of Benjamin Adekunle, Chris Okigbo and Captain Danjuma's
duty was to fight and die so as to prevent their Country from breaking
up.
Now, apparently, the duty of our generation is to detach from greed,
lust and fears of man, and then stand up gallantly TO REFORM OUR COUNTRY
! It is indeed the acceptance of these natural duties that inform the
creation of EOC.

Join the moving train, join change itself.
Remember: if you are not part of the solution then you are definately
part of the problem.

Elites of Change (EOC)
...it begins with you.
www.eliteofchange@
elitesofchange@gmail.com[/quote]just remove that elites
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by egobetatoday: 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
APContherun:

That's why you refused to participate in the YOUWIN programme thinking it was a lie why the optimists among us submitted our business plans and got funds to pursue our dreams. While you are here doubting the programme thousands of Nigerian youths are working hard to benefit from the programme. My friend's wife has just launched her rice processing farm/mill with funds made available by YOUWIN, at he moment she has employed in her FAM/mill over 10 farm hands.
Dey dia dey yarn rubbish.

well said. i know 3 friends who got 3.5m, 9.5m and 9m respectively for their biz. i have filled the form online too. make them dey there dey shout. one of them is my neighbour sef.
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by arshavineering(m): 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
Opytim:

it seems you don't know much about what you are saying. But why bring 'papa' issue into this? You should be able to express your opinions without insulting others. Never in your lifetime bring my papa into issues like this again!

my friend keep quiet there..
so u value your papa but u can call someone's else's papa clueless and all sorts of abusive names...
just shut up there oo
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
arshavineering:

my friend keep quiet there..
so u value your papa but u can call someone's else's papa clueless and all sorts of abusive names...
just shut up there oo

where did i refer to your papa in my former post? I only told you Buhari's age, and that he isn't as young as you think he is. Nevertheless, i don't think you can understand me even if i explain from now till forever. It seems you are one of those Ajegunle boys that speaks 'broken english' all their life, so it doesnot surprise me if you can't read and understand simple and proper 'english'.
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by opo26: 11:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
the idea is good and encourage but they don't want us to register not to talk of its benefit
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by gulfer: 6:34am On Dec 19, 2014
Jonah been sleeping all the while, now he awakes grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by arshavineering(m): 8:38am On Dec 19, 2014
Opytim:

where did i refer to your papa in my former post? I only told you Buhari's age, and that he isn't as young as you think he is. Nevertheless, i don't think you can understand me even if i explain from now till forever. It seems you are one of those Ajegunle boys that speaks 'broken english' all their life, so it doesnot surprise me if you can't read and understand simple and proper 'english'.

u shouldn't feel hurt or guilty if you have never called GEJ names...so I want you to know how it feels being called names Prof. English language. .yeye de smell everywhere
Re: Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 19, 2014
arshavineering:

u shouldn't feel hurt or guilty if you have never called GEJ names...so I want you to know how it feels being called names Prof. English language. .yeye de smell everywhere

see, you are the only one that understand whatever it is you are trying to pass across. I niether called GEJ names nor insulted Buhari. For God's sakes, where did you see any form of insult in that my first post? I don't know reading and understanding english is this hard for certain nigerians!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Economic Importance Of Weeds / Which Area(s) Grows Beetroot Commercially? / Generating Amazing Wealth With Watermelon Cultivation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.