Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,990 members, 7,799,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* (6886 Views)

The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* by world1(m): 10:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
Johnnyessence:
@word1 need ur feasibility study on an acre and pls I heard that planting suckers plantain in d rainy season will be good and pls explain on planting local suckers and hybrid suckers and pls do hybrid suckers grow faster than local suckers and pls again is it true that d hybrid suckers will grow and harvest in 6 months .pls need ur reply on these Thks.happy farming.

OK. You can contact me for the feasibility study.
You can plant at anytime of the year but if you don't have any form of irrigation the do rain fed.
Yes my type of hybrid grow faster, bigger, taller and they are disease resistance.
No its between 9-12 months.
Re: We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* by world1(m): 10:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
victree007:

Please how many staff does a plantain farm require say for an acre and are they usually permanent/full time staff?
If you intercrop your plantain farm with veggie then you might need 2 permanent staffs
Re: We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* by victree007(m): 2:05am On Jan 11, 2015
world1:

If you intercrop your plantain farm with veggie then you might need 2 permanent staffs

Thank you very much word. Please how about laborers like how many will they be and also the permanent staffs will they be laborers or secretary/accountant? Please I need more clarity thank you again.
Re: We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* by Johnnyessence(m): 5:00am On Jan 11, 2015
world1:

OK. You can contact me for the feasibility study.
You can plant at anytime of the year but if you don't have any form of irrigation the do rain fed.
Yes my type of hybrid grow faster, bigger, taller and they are disease resistance.
No its between 9-12 months.

Thks word1 for d advice I do appreciate it .what of d fertilizer addition what can u say about it.
Re: We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* by world1(m): 2:08am On Jan 12, 2015
Johnnyessence:
Thks word1 for d advice I do appreciate it .what of d fertilizer addition what can u say about it.
Apply NPK 15 15 15 at 100g per sucker
Re: We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* by world1(m): 2:10am On Jan 12, 2015
victree007:

Thank you very much word. Please how about laborers like how many will they be and also the permanent staffs will they be laborers or secretary/accountant? Please I need more clarity thank you again.
You can get a farm manager and 2 guys.
Re: We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* by Gnwoko: 6:36am On Jan 12, 2015
world1:

If you want to intercrop you will use 4 acres at 3m/3m if not you can use 3 acres.

no intercropin, hw many suckers do i nid for 5hectares.
wt risk r involve in this biz
Re: We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* by world1(m): 6:42pm On Jan 12, 2015
Gnwoko:

no intercropin, hw many suckers do i nid for 5hectares.
wt risk r involve in this biz
5 hectares is 12.5 acres
Depends on the spacing you intend using you can put between 600-800 suckers per acre that is you can put 7,500-10,000 on the 5 hectares.
The are lot of risk involved in plantain plantation majorly diseases and lack of proper mentainance.
Re: We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* by shinaboy: 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2015
What are your charges for managing 1 hectare plantation. What yield can one expect to have?
Re: We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* by world1(m): 7:48am On Feb 04, 2015
shinaboy:
What are your charges for managing 1 hectare plantation. What yield can one expect to have?
Good morning.
Farm Management entails a lot. Pleade note we only managed farms set up by our company.
For more information Contact me
Re: We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* by world1(m): 10:14am On Mar 13, 2015
Re: We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* by Edubradon(m): 8:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
Pls how many suckers will 2 plots of land need
Re: We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* by world1(m): 10:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
Edubradon:
Pls how many suckers will 2 plots of land need
250 suckers

(1) (2) (Reply)

1m Naira Is Ready . Show Me An Agricultural Investment That Adds Me Value / Farm Land Needed In Abuja And Its Environs / Lagos Distributes Maize, Sorghum To Farm Settlements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.