Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 (12875 Views)

Wike Begins Demolition Of Structures On Waterways(photos) / Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo / FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by yinchar(m): 11:08am On Dec 18, 2014
Did our leaders thinks we are all fo.ols, didn't they know they will privatize the Railways systems before spending huge sums of money on it, after spending huge Taxpayers money to renovate it they will now sell it to their cronies...just like they did with PHCN...

We definitely need CHANGE in the country.

GMB/OSIBANJO TILL 2019
Sai BUHARI
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by Amhappy(f): 11:14am On Dec 18, 2014
Great move by FG. Pls also consider privatizing our states and citizens. Please dont sell us to Lebanese,Chinese or Indian but to citizens of first world countries. If thats how things will work here then so be it. The people are tried of the rot.
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by manot: 11:18am On Dec 18, 2014
privatisation is d best way to go for better service delivery
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by eaccyboy(m): 11:34am On Dec 18, 2014
chamboy:
oni ro
I no wan swear bt fact..in fact we gave out our Gen we don't have Gen again for d past 5mnths or so
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by chamboy(m): 11:39am On Dec 18, 2014
eaccyboy:
I no wan swear bt fact..in fact we gave out our Gen we don't have Gen again for d past 5mnths or so
ok
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by godunia(m): 11:49am On Dec 18, 2014
Where are d rails n d trains that would be privatised?this administration is doing so well,I wish this is not an illusion.
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by SergeAlain: 11:55am On Dec 18, 2014
Who ever told you privatisation is a magic wand. The buyers have only been in place for less than 1 year and you are screaming. How long did it take for GSM costs to come down and for service to spread nationwide? Close to 10 years.

Privatisation is still 1 million times a better option than government operating businesses!!!

DonaldGenes:
Good policy though but iHope they won't Also privatize our Vote too

Privatization is one thing and monitoring 'em is another thing...Look at PHCN with their ridiculous Bills and who are you gonna lay your complaints to?

grin

2 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by EchuaA: 12:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
If privatisation is d way out of none working sectors of govt even wen d privatised ones aren't working den let us privitise governance and stop wasting o
ur resources and blood on conducting elections. As far as I am concern dis guys use govt resources 2build and start a conglomerate n den sell it 2demselves 2maintain hold of d economy and governance. Wat a shame, whe is NITEL, Nicon insurance, Ajaokuta still complex and others.

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by enkay11: 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
lanxlot:
some pple sha....u guys shud read d post again n quote Where de mentioned Jonathan's name, u search 4 evri opportunity to tarnish his names, dats jux 2 bad.......I Only saw THE FEDERAL GOVT UP DE.....nt president Jonathan.
. Thank u oo. I tire for for some people sha!
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by honeric01(m): 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hehehe, the best way to solve the problem of a failing child is to sell him/her off to another parent? hehehehe why not deal with the root of the ineffectiveness of that child?
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by Tibins(m): 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
[quote author=holatin post=28987048]Soon them go privatise Nigeria to oyinbo.

or begin selling the states one by one.

Fake set of people.

Before I go
Vote buhari for preside

Very unfortunate that those want a better Nigeria don't know how to get there... Same thing they shouted when NITEL was to be privatized... Today TELECOM is the highest employer of Labour.... Very soon POWER will follow...
It pains me that the younger generation don't even have a clue of how bigger economies thrive.... No nation as Populated as Nigeria 100% employment by building & running companies....then our recurrent expenditure will be 98% and nothing will be left for capital exp.
We all like USA. Does American govt build or run companies....? NO! Thriving NATIONS ARE PRIVATE SECTOR DRIVEN.... That is the direction we need to create a competitive economy....create sufficient jobs.
It's definitely not to talk partisan here & there. It's about reasoning & knowing what you are saying.
I bet you guys, next govt won't do any different for sustainable growth & employment creation.... GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by ohisola1(f): 12:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
lanxlot:
some pple sha....u guys shud read d post again n quote Where de mentioned Jonathan's name, u search 4 evri opportunity to tarnish his names, dats jux 2 bad.......I Only saw THE FEDERAL GOVT UP DE.....nt president Jonathan.

Please don't make me believe you are this daft. How old are you by d way? So u tink govermnt establishments will be privatised without the consent of the president. Do you even know what the duties, functions, or powers of the president are?

No ministry can take any decision as MAJOR as privatisation without the consent of the president. So next time you don't have to see the name "GEJ" b4 u kn, d person is speaking on his behalf.

I hope I have been able to englihten you

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by olaitan4real: 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
no wahala u shall be flushout by feb nd privatise ya family too grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by ohisola1(f): 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
DesChyko:
Any APC supporter that is against this 'CHANGE' should have his head examined.

Most of these outfits have been nothing to write home about and now that the management is about to be reversed, you want to be against it?

So much for wanting #CHANGE.

privatisation would have been a great idea only is this country and indeed this government wasnt soooooooo corrupt. we tot by now we will be having lit for @ least 20hrs in a day. the rates have not only trippled, but there hasnt been corresponding value for the money the consumers are spending. more than 2yrs after privatising power, not ONE visible change. what about NITEL, Ajakuta Steel? etc. we know how these works. and seriously wen this govrmt comes up with anything it is certainly ALWAYS to exthort the masses.

now u kn y pple are skpetical abt d "so called privatisation" (selling to themselves even wen they are not competent)
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by synergycom19: 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2014
With NGOZI IWEALA EXPECT MORE PRIVATIZATIONS,more increases in fuel,energy cost. Her anti-people's policies are legendary.this where the same reasons OBJ sent her packing,after misleading him to sell almost everything
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by Tibins(m): 1:26pm On Dec 18, 2014
Amhappy:
Great move by FG. Pls also consider privatizing our states and citizens. Please dont sell us to Lebanese,Chinese or Indian but to citizens of first world countries. If thats how things will work here then so be it. The people are tried of the rot.

Unhealthy comment. Privatisation is the way to go. For a sustainable growth and development. If Nigeria must grow, then it must be private sector driven.... That your Buhari will do the same thing if he wins at all, and if he wants to write his name on marble.
So GEJ is on the right path... God bless NIGERIA.
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by remmer56(m): 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
Krucifax:
It's a great development if they can actually see through. If they privatise these organisations they would in effect give them the opportunity to improve and develop. Privatisation brings in innovation and innovators. Privatisation brings in competition which forces the competitors to improve their products and services to get patronage from customers. It forces the products and services to be offered at competitive prices too. In the hands of government such organisations have no incentives to improve. The workers under government management will get the salary no matter what and there is a lot of corruption and wasteful bureaucracy.

^^^ very enlightened fellow!
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by y2kplus: 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
Not everything from the western economy is good. Not privatisation anyway. We must be eclectic with our choices/decisions.
What is the logic? Nigeria borrows a lot of money to carry out these projects for which Nigerians have to pay for as many years as we do not know and then sell them for peanuts?
Nigeria as a country must realise that privatisation is not about getting the best but enriching pockets; locally or externally.
If Nigeria wants private trains etc, let these companies come with their money (100% of it)and provide the facility. We will also ensure that their profit margin is controlled.
By the way, who will be the owners of the companies that will purchase these facilities? I hope this privatisation of state projects is not being carried out blindly.
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by Tibins(m): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
ohisola1:

Please don't make me believe you are this daft. How old are you by d way? So u tink govermnt establishments will be privatised without the consent of the president. Do you even know what the duties, functions, or powers of the president are?

No ministry can take any decision as MAJOR as privatisation without the consent of the president. So next time you don't have to see the name "GEJ" b4 u kn, d person is speaking on his behalf.

Very unfortunate that those want a better Nigeria don't know how to get there... Same thing they shouted when NITEL was to be privatized... Today TELECOM is the highest employer of Labour.... Very soon POWER will follow...
It pains me that the younger generation don't even have a clue of how bigger economies thrive.... No nation as Populated as Nigeria create 100% employment by building & running companies....then our recurrent expenditure will be 98% and nothing will be left for capital expenditure / development.
We all like USA. Does American govt build or run companies....? NO! Thriving NATIONS ARE PRIVATE SECTOR DRIVEN.... That is the direction we need, to create a competitive economy....create sufficient jobs.
It's definitely not to talk partisan here & there. It's about reasoning & knowing what you are saying.
I bet you guys, next govt won't do any different for sustainable growth & employment & job creation.... GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by akinyeleaa: 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
Wait, wich fg? GEJ own abi GMB own. Keep dreaming. Less than 2months to d polls.

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
I really hope what happened to power won't repeat here. and I hope the rail lines and trains will not be sold to one person.
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by geniusbami(m): 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
Sebi d present Govt has privatised our security; Topology is now heading the Nigerian Security Service Ltd. What's more?
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by lanxlot(m): 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
ohisola1:

My lady, had it been Nigeria is practising authoritarianism/totalitarianism ur post wud av made little sense. but, dox ain't points since we don't av a narcissist as a president......frm what you wrote without due regard to what u jux read I knw I am older than you......and 4 d record I had 69 in govt, wen I wrote jamb without aiding mysef. thus, I am nt daft.
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by Adminisher: 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
There is no proper accounting for all privatised assets done so far.

Can somebody tell us where the money from petrochemical, aluminum, NEPA and so on went?.

Even the tax revenues that should derive to government is not existent because they put the new buyers on pioneer tax holiday scheme. Okonjo Iweala herself has admitted that most new privatised entities have been cheating on the scheme.

The worst commentators in all these are SE and SS people.

They are permitting this south south agent of global capitalists called Jonathan to sell off their future for a pittance, share the proceeds with a few and they are saying nothing because he is from their area.

Poverty is killing children in Otuoke, young men are busting pipes and refining their own crude at great danger to themselves in the swamps, young girls are making babies and selling them wholesale in the east. Yet hatred for their brother tribes would not allow SS and SE people to see reason and drive out the clueless Jonathan.

We will not do more than talk but consequences derive for those who see the truth and refuse to accept it.

Ka Chineke meziokwu.
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
"Against the might of resilient youths, there can be no victory" so says President Obama during his historic speech at Belfast, Northern Ireland.

The above is not a mere display of a skillful rhetoric of an orator, or neither is it a toothless speach typical of Nigerian politicians. Rather, it is an echo of self-evident truths as often revealed around the world.

It took the power of youths to reform Singapore.
It took the courage of youths to rebuild France, and it took a mouthwatering and unforgetable revolutionary strength of youths to liberate South Africa, Cuba, Venezuela and most recently of course, Nicaragua.

Fellow Nigerian youths, gladden up your heart and take note at once, that these immortal events that exemplified the possibilities as well as the indomitable force of determined youths is not only possible on the pages of history books, but it is also possible in our lives, and in our Country.

Every generation have its own unique and natural responsibility to their Country.
The generation of Awolowo, Sadauna and Azikwe's duty was to sweat and bleed for the independence of their Country, and they did just that, perfectly.
The generation of Benjamin Adekunle, Chris Okigbo and Captain Danjuma's duty was to fight and die so as to prevent their Country from breaking up.
Now, apparently, the duty of our generation is to detach from greed, lust and fears of man, and then stand up gallantly TO REFORM OUR COUNTRY ! It is indeed the acceptance of these natural duties that inform the creation of EOC.

Join the moving train, join change itself.
Remember: if you are not part of the solution then you are definately part of the problem.

Elites of Change (EOC)
...it begins with you.
www.eliteofchange@
elitesofchange@gmail.com
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by Amhappy(f): 2:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
Tibins:

Unhealthy comment. Privatisation is the way to go. For a sustainable growth and development. If Nigeria must grow, then it must be private sector driven.... That your Buhari will do the same thing if he wins at all, and if he wants to write his name on marble.
So GEJ is on the right path... God bless NIGERIA.

Mr Healthy comment, You see your life. Was there a place i said privitization is not the way to go or GEJ is on the wrong part. You no see my last comment about what is necessary. I even advocated for privitization of the people sef if that will change Nigeria. And is Buhari my father or husband. Be careful and face the post.
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by Amhappy(f): 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
@Tibins Tell your GEJ to privatize NNPC and PPMC. Nigeria loses billions of dollars from these organizations.
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by ewosk: 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
Am waiting for the day the '''Presidency''' would be privatize...

BPE still yet to answer how they went about privatization for the steel industry...tis worst off...

That privatization worked for the Telecom sector where they is competition do not mean we sell off everything in Nigeria...
D only changes and improvement av seen since the power sector was privatize is INCREASE FIX charges...If only i can port from IBEDC TO LGDC den the example of the telecom will suffice...
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
Is privatisation the best option here? I just pray this GEJ doesnot get elected again in 2015 so as not to carry out this economy-destroying mission.
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by Rayscell: 10:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
After spending billions of dollars of nigeria funds on railway sector, he prefers to sell it to his friends so they can continue get richer. Selfish President
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by revolt(m): 11:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
NOW I WiLL DO NYFIN even kill for GEJ to remain in power.

I've prayed for govt handsoff in ALL sectors .
Re: FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 by revolt(m): 11:50pm On Dec 18, 2014
ewosk:
Am waiting for the day the '''Presidency''' would be privatize...

BPE still yet to answer how they went about privatization for the steel industry...tis worst off...

That privatization worked for the Telecom sector where they is competition do not mean we sell off everything in Nigeria...
D only changes and improvement av seen since the power sector was privatize is INCREASE FIX charges...If only i can port from IBEDC TO LGDC den the example of the telecom will suffice...
it'll eventually get there. Afterall telcoms was prvtised in 99, bt we strted seein progress in 2004 etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Officials Arrest Ismail Umaru Dikko, DG of Kaduna Urban Develolmern Agency / 9 More Political Parties Join CUPP, Endorse Atiku / INEC Presents List Of Voters To Political Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.