Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,458 members, 7,801,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? (7396 Views)

NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects / Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor / Rivers: Updates At The Supreme Court Wike Vs Dakuku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by MizTyna(f): 7:55am On Dec 18, 2014
The emergence of Mr Odein Ajumogobia in the PDP primary gubernatorial contest that had about 16 aspirants took a more fascinating dimension and attracted wider interest given Ajumomobia's reputation as an excellent technocrat and a very upright Nigerian. Though the primary has been held and Mr Wike has been handed the PDP ticket in an exercise that was deemed irregular which majority of the aspirants boycotted, Ajumogbia has gone to court to challenge Wike's eligibility for the contest. 

In the meantime, it may be reasonable to ask who truly fits to be Governor of Rivers State between Wike & Ajumogobia. Here's a brief profile of the major gladiators in the contest. So you decide 

Mr. Nyesom Wike an indigene of Rumuwike, Nkwerre Rivers State is a lawyer but well-known as a politician. He is an alumnus of the University of Port-Harcourt.  He is a former Chairman of Obio-Akpor Local Government in Rivers State. He was the President of All Local Government of Nigeria (ALGON) between 2003 and 2006. He is a co-founder of the Ikwerre Youth Movement (IYM). He served as Chief of Staff to Governor Rotimi Amaechi between 2007 and 2011. He recently resigned his appointment as Minister of State for Education under President Goodluck Jonathan to vie for Rivers State governorship. 

Odein Ajumogobia is from Kalabari, Abonnema in Rivers State. He is an accomplished lawyer and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN). He had his first degree in Law from the University of Lagos and graduated with First Class. During his study, he won Faculty Prize for best results in final degree examination; prizes for best over-all performance and subject prizes in first and second year examinations; Federal Government of Nigeria Merit Award for academic performance at the University of Lagos 1975 - 1976. He attended Harvard Law School, Cambridge Massachusetts for his Master's.  He was Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Rivers State between 2003 and 2007; Minister of State Petroleum and Resources 2007-2009 and Minister for Foreign Affairs 2009-2011. He runs one of the most successful law firms in Nigeria - Ajumogobia & Okeke - where recently took a break to run for Rivers State governorship. 

So,Wike or Ajumogobia?

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by nairalife2013(m): 8:14am On Dec 18, 2014
Wike all d way

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by Adminisher: 8:16am On Dec 18, 2014
Ajumogobia of course.
Even clueless wanted him but madam at the top insisted on the semi illiterate former minister.

10 Likes

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by MizTyna(f): 8:21am On Dec 18, 2014
Adminisher:
Ajumogobia of course.
Even clueless wanted him but madam at the top insisted on the semi illiterate former minister.

Really? GEJ wanted Ajumogobia? Hmmmmn
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by MizTyna(f): 8:21am On Dec 18, 2014
nairalife2013:
Wike all d way

Why do u prefer Wike?
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by theV0ice: 8:25am On Dec 18, 2014
how can you compare wike and ajumogobia?

if not that nigerian politics rewards thugs, should wike be in a gathering that ajumogobia was invited to?

show me wike and i'll show you an environmental sanitation sticker tout at rumuokoro junction

19 Likes

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by holatin(m): 8:50am On Dec 18, 2014
wike because he is PEJ son

1 Like

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by mazzi: 8:55am On Dec 18, 2014
MizTyna:

Really? GEJ wanted Ajumogobia? Hmmmmn
no mind that apc lying machine.
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by mazzi: 8:58am On Dec 18, 2014
U want ajumogobia so that amaechi will use him as a toilet tissue in the election?sorry dear...wike all the way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by Yazmin: 9:28am On Dec 18, 2014
Joint ticket Wike/Ajumogobia to force that APC clown out of Rivers state for good.
Kalabari....my ancestral land!
How I miss thee.. angry
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by borie4u(m): 9:52am On Dec 18, 2014
i prefer ajumoagobia. Wike has shown to be a thug. 2015 is a time to have credible people in Goverment and not political thug.

1 Like

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by nairalife2013(m): 11:13am On Dec 18, 2014
MizTyna:

Why do u prefer Wike?
wike is wicked to evil! grin
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by Swizdoe(m): 11:21am On Dec 18, 2014
nairalife2013:
wike is wicked to evil! grin

Was he wicked to the evil that caused the breakdownof the educational system when he was the supervising minister

3 Likes

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by nairalife2013(m): 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2014
Swizdoe:

Was he wicked to the evil that caused the breakdownof the educational system when he was the supervising minister
no. He was evil to those that caused the breakdown.
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by jpphilips(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
MizTyna:
The emergence of Mr Odein Ajumogobia in the PDP primary gubernatorial contest that had about 16 aspirants took a more fascinating dimension and attracted wider interest given Ajumomobia's reputation as an excellent technocrat and a very upright Nigerian. Though the primary has been held and Mr Wike has been handed the PDP ticket in an exercise that was deemed irregular which majority of the aspirants boycotted, Ajumogbia has gone to court to challenge Wike's eligibility for the contest. 

In the meantime, it may be reasonable to ask who truly fits to be Governor of Rivers State between Wike & Ajumogobia. Here's a brief profile of the major gladiators in the contest. So you decide 

Mr. Nyesom Wike an indigene of Rumuwike, Nkwerre Rivers State is a lawyer but well-known as a politician. He is an alumnus of the University of Port-Harcourt.  He is a former Chairman of Obio-Akpor Local Government in Rivers State. He was the President of All Local Government of Nigeria (ALGON) between 2003 and 2006. He is a co-founder of the Ikwerre Youth Movement (IYM). He served as Chief of Staff to Governor Rotimi Amaechi between 2007 and 2011. He recently resigned his appointment as Minister of State for Education under President Goodluck Jonathan to vie for Rivers State governorship. 

Odein Ajumogobia is from Kalabari, Abonnema in Rivers State. He is an accomplished lawyer and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN). He had his first degree in Law from the University of Lagos and graduated with First Class. During his study, he won Faculty Prize for best results in final degree examination; prizes for best over-all performance and subject prizes in first and second year examinations; Federal Government of Nigeria Merit Award for academic performance at the University of Lagos 1975 - 1976. He attended Harvard Law School, Cambridge Massachusetts for his Master's.  He was Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Rivers State between 2003 and 2007; Minister of State Petroleum and Resources 2007-2009 and Minister for Foreign Affairs 2009-2011. He runs one of the most successful law firms in Nigeria - Ajumogobia & Okeke - where recently took a break to run for Rivers State governorship. 

So,Wike or Ajumogobia?

Ajumogobia is the class of politicians found in the APC, what exactly is he doing in the PDP? PDP is for touts like Wike most notable as patron of several clandestine groups like the GDI and IYM.
Comparing Wike a tout who fought with drivers during his reign as Obiakpor chairman with Ajumogobia is the height of insensitivity and political wickedness.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by lanbaba: 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
I just hope the best man would win so the state and Nigeria as a whole can move forward.

1 Like

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
Ajumogogbia is a man to be proud of

Only God knows why he did not continue as Foreign Minister

Ajumogogbia and Wike no dey the same level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfo6TjPXXDU
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by KwoiZabo(m): 5:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
holatin:
wike because he is PEJ son
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyway For now i will choose Wike because we need someone that will teach Amaechi a lesson. Wike stabilized the party after Amaechi's foolishness. Wike is a very hardworking Guy. Lets hope he will not be corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by emiye(m): 5:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
theV0ice:
how can you compare wike and ajumogobia?

if not that nigerian politics rewards thugs, should wike be in a gathering that ajumogobia was invited to?

show me wike and i'll show you an environmental sanitation sticker tout at rumuokoro junction

Walahi, you nailed it .....

1 Like

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by holatin(m): 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
KwoiZabo:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyway For now i will choose Wike because we need someone that will teach Amaechi a lesson. Wike stabilized the party after Amaechi's foolishness. Wike is a very hardworking Guy. Lets hope he will not be corrupt.
amen

1 Like

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
jpphilips:

Ajumogobia is the class of politicians found in the APC, what exactly is he doing in the PDP? PDP is for touts like Wike most notable as patron of several clandestine groups like the GDI and IYM.
Comparing Wike a tout who fought with drivers during his reign as Obiakpor chairman with Ajumogobia is the height of insensitivity and political wickedness.

There are thugs in APC

Ajumogogbia is a class politician not found in present day Nigerian politics
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
It is very unfortunate for Wike and his Partner that neither of them will be elected Governor in 2015. It is Hon (Dr) Dakuku Peterside that will be elected Governor come February 28, 2015.

#APC!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by donphilopus: 5:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
Politics is indeed a leveller. If it's not a leveller, nobody would have dared compare Ajumogobia to Wike.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
donphilopus:
Politics is a leveller. If it's not a leveller, nobody would have dared compare Ajumogobia to Wike.
My brother, It is not by being a SAN but by being a good admonistrator(and politician). Dakuku Peterside is the man.

Modified
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by richard69(m): 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
Ajumogobia of course!
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2014
watch video below to see people on intellectually the same level as Ajumogogbia

Emeka Anyaoku & Professor Soyinka

Present day politicians in this class are Donald Duke, Fashola, Soludo, Sanusi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQkmQxw84G8
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by theV0ice: 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
laBarca:
My brother, Nyesome Wike is also a SAN o. It is not by being a SAN but by being a good admonistrator(and politician). Dakuku Peterside is the man.

pls bro, when and where did wike become a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN)?
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by donphilopus: 6:07pm On Dec 18, 2014
laBarca:
My brother, Nyesome Wike is also a SAN o. It is not by being a SAN but by being a good admonistrator(and politician). Dakuku Peterside is the man.

Wike, a SAN?! No dey joke Wike na. Dakuku is the man, but comparing Ajumogobia to Wike is an act of showing disrespect to Ajumogobia.

1 Like

Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
theV0ice:

pls bro, when and where did wike become a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN)?

my bad, I thought he was a SAN, just confirmed that he isn't but a Charge and Bail lawyer.

Thanks
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
donphilopus:

Wike, a SAN?! No dey joke Wike na. Dakuku is the man, but comparing Ajumogobia to Wike is an act of showing disrespect to Ajumogobia.
He isn't but a charge and bail. Forgive my mistake. Thanks
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by theV0ice: 6:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
laBarca:
my bad, I thought he was a SAN, just confirmed that he isn't but a Charge and Bail lawyer.

Thanks

cheesy cheesy cheesy

abeg no insult intelligent SAN's like Ajumogobia and Falana by grouping them with wike.

even the charge and bail sef, except they allow sticks and guns as part of defence materials, otherwise him client go tay for prison
Re: Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 18, 2014
theV0ice:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

abeg no insult intelligent SAN's like Ajumogobia and Falana by grouping them with wike.

even the charge and bail sef, except they allow sticks and guns as part of defence materials, otherwise him client go tay for prison
Hahaha no vex abeg. But SANship of today no be like how e de before. I won't be surprised for Wike to attain that rank. Lol....

I even doubt if Wike has ever appeared in court aside using thugs to beat Judges

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING!! Sporadic Gun Shots As Soldiers Clash With IPOB Members In Ebonyi / Anambra Elections: Senate Committee Meets With INEC (photos) / Full Text Of Governor Ayade's Speech During His Swearing In Ceremony Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.