Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Jonathan's Approach To Boko Haram Is The Right One - Mr Emmanuel Mok - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Approach To Boko Haram Is The Right One - Mr Emmanuel Mok (1011 Views)

Boko Haram Is Wounded And Dangerous - Yahoo News / Another Approach To The South African Attacks By Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu / Jonathan’s Approach To Boko Haram Faulty –OBJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Approach To Boko Haram Is The Right One - Mr Emmanuel Mok by ihedinobi2: 10:04am On Dec 18, 2014
Today the chairman of National Transformation Party, Mr Emmanuel Mok offered a compelling defence for President Jonathan's handling of the Boko Haram crisis on Channels Television's Sunrise Daily.

He pointed out that the heavy-handed approach that is advocated for the crisis was exactly what President Obasanjo used in Odi which resulted in terrible human rights abuses. Thus it is a poor strategy for dealing with the menace and an unattractive one to a respecter of the rule of law and a believer in human rights.

The defence - which is that the president is sacrificing speed of resolution and attractive publicity for effective action with minimal collateral damage - seems to me applicable to a lot of other things that appear to be wrong with this administration. What do you think of it? Is it an acceptable defence or a very sophisticated excuse for/denial of failure?
Re: Jonathan's Approach To Boko Haram Is The Right One - Mr Emmanuel Mok by DesChyko: 10:12am On Dec 18, 2014
Ah.. An even better representation of my opinion.

A thinking Man.
Re: Jonathan's Approach To Boko Haram Is The Right One - Mr Emmanuel Mok by Caseless: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2014
Who is this hack talking? Since it has not affected any of ur family members, you can come here and throw flatulence just to give credit and defense to the clueless-in-chief.
Re: Jonathan's Approach To Boko Haram Is The Right One - Mr Emmanuel Mok by ihedinobi2: 11:17am On Dec 18, 2014
This is one response that I got for this question on a Facebook group.

I listened to the man and, just as you, he
thought he was speaking sense. Is five years of
lies from the FG about how it is tacking the Boko
Haram crisis, gradual engagement to avoid
collateral damage to innocent citizens? What
collateral damage could be more than the
disappearance of our 200 little daughters that
were left unprotected by Jonathan's
administration in an environment infested by
Boko Haram fundamentalists. Please, that man
was only campaigning for Jonathan...

(1) (Reply)

Excerpts From Gen. Buhari's Interview With Thisday Newspaper / Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leaveoffice – Jonathan / None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.