Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race (3872 Views)

Saraki: My Original Sin Was Opposing Muslim/Muslim Ticket In The APC / Delta State Guber Race: Who Is Your Choice Among The Three Top Contenders / Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
itstpia8:

but that wasn't how it was before (as was pointed out) why are you introducing this type of mischievous thinking?

The fact that majority Catholics voted Methodist and Anglican Governors in the past should show you how torelant they are. Chukwuma is the one trying to introduce Buhari like fanaticism into enugu politics
Re: Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race by simpleseyi: 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
abdulkayus:
The Anglican Communion Bishops in Enugu
state have opposed the Catholic-Catholic
Gubernatorial ticket of the PDP in the state
for next year's general election.
Speaking to newsmen in Enugu under the
aegis of the Enugu Ecclesiastical Province
yesterday Dec. 17th, the Anglican Bishops
led by Archbishop of the Enugu
Ecclesiastical Province, Most Rev Emmanuel
Chukwuma demanded that the Enugu
chapter of the PDP, zone the governorship
running mate slot to one of its members
otherwise they stand the chance of loosing
the Anglican Church's votes in next year's
election.
The Bishops said they welcomed the party's
consensus gubernatorial candidate, Hon
Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi who is a Catholic but are
opposed to the Catholic/Catholic
governorship ticket of the party..
“We the Anglican Bishops are crying
and appealing that Anglicans in Enugu
state will not tolerate marginalisation
and should be giving the position of
deputy governor of the state. For the
position of governor and deputy
governor to be Catholic/Catholic will
not be acceptable to us. In the Federal
level, people are not happy with
Christian/Christian ticket, hence the
president has taken a very good stand
to return as President and pick a
Moslem as his running mate. Why
should Enugu State, therefore,
nominate a Roman Catholic
governorship candidate who we are not
against and wanting again to nominate
a Roman Catholic as the running
mate? We Anglicans say no to this kind
of arrangement. We are not in
minority in Enugu state and we totally
reject that intention and are warning
that if they want peace to reign in this
state and for them to enjoy our
cooperation, it should not be Roman
Catholic/ Roman Catholic ticket”the
bishops said.
The Bishops went further to say that
“Former Governor of the State,
Chimaroke Nnamani who served from
1999 to 2007 is a Methodist. He picked
Okechukwu Itanyi, a Catholic as his
Deputy. Nnamani handed over to
Sullivan Chime who is Roman Catholic.
Sullivan chose Sunday Onyebuchi, a
Methodist or so, not an Anglican as
Deputy. As they are going out, all those
who want to become governor are
Catholics and in the PDP, they are
plotting to make their running mate a
Catholic. We are saying give us an
Anglican Deputy, otherwise you are
looking for our trouble".

source: http://www.lindaikeji..in/2014/12/anglican-church-opposes-catholic.html?m=1

All these so called Anglican Communion Bishops in Enugu should be taken to the market square and flogged. Even within the so called body of Christ you are still discriminating. I am therefore not surprised that you hate non-christians so much. Eeeeediots. If na muslim the so called catholic choose as deputy wetin una go do?

Now, help me out. I am a muslim, if I want to convert to christianity what denomination will I convert to? CCC, CAC, Cherubim, RCCG, Catholic, Anglican or Jehovah Witness? My God does not discriminate. He does not care about your religion or denomination. Instead. He cares about your relationship with fellow men. If you dont love your neighbour, then you definitely cannot love God.
Re: Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race by itstpia8: 8:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
chukwudi44:

The fact that majority Catholics voted Methodist and Anglican Governors in the past should show you how torelant they are. Chukwuma is the one trying to introduce Buhari like fanaticism into enugu politics

I don't think its about the voting but rather which candidates are presented.
Re: Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race by shady26(m): 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
lol.....have they resurrected this 1940s beef again?
Re: Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race by lyvin: 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
I doubt this news due to its source - gossip blog. However if it's true so called bishop must be a jobber an mu mu.
Re: Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race by BlackSEER(m): 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
[quote
author=LillyAnne post=28991179]What then happens to the
'Redemmers' and 'Winners' and 'Chosen' and other Christian
denominations? undecided

This is one thing I hate about Christians. sad
[/quote]

they are mushroom churches.infact,most of their members were former catholic and anglica faithfuls.also,those churches do not spread as much as those two and their headquarters are actually not in the east
Re: Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race by itstpia8: 9:20pm On Dec 18, 2014
shady26:
lol.....have they resurrected this 1940s beef again?

ther country is unable to move forward from the past.
Re: Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race by BlackSEER(m): 9:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
[quote
author=PentiumPro post=29000708]Igbos are the most religiously
intolerant people in the world. If they have their way, they will kill
all muslims. tongue[/quote]

the way ur useless Muslims are killing themselves,retard
Re: Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race by PentiumPro(f): 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
chukwudi44:

Last time I checked igbos were not the ones carrying out suicide bombings nor kidnapping little girls nor killing innocent people for Allah

You no get liver, na just to comit financial crimes be your major cheesy. You people should never be given power, you will drag Nigeeia back with this religion nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Governor Okorochas Multi-billion Naira Spibat Estate Home Owerri / Photo Of Nigerian Army Pleading With The Muslim Sect To Open The Road / Breaking: “i Will Increase Nysc Allowance To N39,800″ – Gen. Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.