Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard (25560 Views)

Blackberry Launches Nigerian Stickers For BBM (naija For Life) / Nokia Unveils Asha 205, 205 Dual-SIM Qwerty Handsets / Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by baseg25(m): 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
BlackBerry launches the Classic, a new phone for people that want an old keyboard.
Blackberry yesterday launched its Classic, a new phone that it hopes will convince those holding onto old BlackBerry’s for their keyboard and size to finally upgrade.

Jennifer Cowan , a Managing Editor for Sitepronews reports that BlackBerry is getting back to basics with the launch of its new BlackBerry Classic Smartphone that gives enthusiasts the QWERTY keyboard they love along with the speed of new technology.

The Canadian Smartphone maker really needs this phone to be a success as it struggles to regain its footing in an ultra-competitive market dominated by Apple’s iPhone and Samsung’s Android-powered handsets.

BlackBerry CEO John Chen officially debuted the BlackBerry Classic today at a special event in New York.

The device, which sells unlocked for $449 in the U.S. and $499 in Canada, offers 60 percent more screen space, 50 percent longer battery life and a browser that is three times faster, Chen said.

“We listened closely to our customers’ feedback to ensure we are delivering the technologies to power them through their day — and that feedback led directly to the development of BlackBerry Classic,” Chen said. “BlackBerry Classic is the powerful communications tool that many BlackBerry Bold and Curve users have been waiting for. It’s the secure device that feels familiar in their hands, with the added performance and agility they need to be competitive in today’s busy world.

The device also features the BlackBerry 10.3.1 operating system, a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB of device storage (expandable by up to 128GB via uSD), and a 2MP front- and 8MP rear-facing camera with enhanced optics and upgraded imaging sensors.

BlackBerry Blend is a nifty feature that links messaging and content across all of a user’s devices while BlackBerry Hub enables the user to manage all e-mail, texts, BBMs, phone calls and social media in one place.

The device also features the BlackBerry Assistant, the company’s first digital assistant that can be used with voice and text commands.

“It’s the only Smartphone assistant on the market today that can access both personal and work content in your work perimeter,” the company said in a press release. “BlackBerry Assistant intelligently determines how to respond to you based on how you interact with it – if you type, it responds silently, if you speak, it speaks back and if you activate over Bluetooth, it speaks back with additional context because it assumes you might not have access to the screen.”

Users can also access productivity apps for business from BlackBerry World as well as popular Android apps and games via the Amazon Appstore.

“This device underscores our commitment to helping BlackBerry users be at their most productive and respond to the demands of business from anywhere, at any time,” said Chen. “By bringing back the trusted functionalities, incorporating our latest operating system and building a speedier browser, our users can feel confident they are using the best communications tool out there.”

source : http://techcribng.com/blackberry-launches-classic-phone-with-qwerty-keyboard/

2 Likes

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by Etesam(m): 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2014
Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by Defaramade(m): 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
Diehard Blackberry fans are going to like this one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
bold5 with a bigger screen. dats all

14 Likes

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by gsparks01(m): 6:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
refined rubbish

2 Likes

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by Randerl: 6:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
tumababa:

You can repeat that again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
I will just wait for the price to drop. nice device though!

7 Likes

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by baseg25(m): 9:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
Preciousjoz:
I will just wait for the price to drop. nice device though!
yes o.
Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by baseg25(m): 9:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
Etesam:
Following
thats Nice

1 Like

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by yimikaa: 10:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
Bold 5 QWERTY + Q10specs|design + OS 10.3.1 = blackberry classic.

8 Likes

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by dazekid(m): 11:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
The Canadian Smartphone maker really needs this phone to be a success as it struggles to regain its footing in an ultra-competitive market dominated by Apple’s iPhone and Samsung’s Android-powered handsets.

Funny how I seem to always see this statement when there's a blackberry launch.

8 Likes

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 18, 2014
TEAM GIONEEEEEEEeeEEeeeEEEE

7 Likes

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by Emeka71(m): 6:09am On Dec 19, 2014
dazekid:

Funny how I seem to always see this statement when there's a blackberry launch.
Blackberry is now in competition.

1 Like

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by decode55(m): 8:20am On Dec 19, 2014
Bold5 was just the perfect blackberry joor.

If only they can work on the internal specs, battery life, camera quality & bring it back to the market,

I'm sure it would be an instant hit! cool cool

6 Likes

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by baseg25(m): 8:22am On Dec 19, 2014
decode55:
Bold5 was just the perfect blackberry joor.

If only they can work on the internal specs, battery life, camera quality & bring it back to the market,

I'm sure it would be an instant hit! cool cool

yes its gona be a hit.
Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by baseg25(m): 8:23am On Dec 19, 2014
gsparks01:
refined rubbish
how is it rubbish?

1 Like

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by nollyway(m): 8:54am On Dec 19, 2014
So bb still dey exist
Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by timifizzy(m): 8:54am On Dec 19, 2014
Wow
Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 8:54am On Dec 19, 2014
OK
Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:56am On Dec 19, 2014
I oughtn't comment...ought I?

2 Likes

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 19, 2014
All this phones that their cost can buy two plots of land ...Team Tecno forever
Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by Brymo: 8:56am On Dec 19, 2014
Anoda innovative to battle intense competition from other phone manufacturers.
Hope it wks
Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 19, 2014
bold5 refined

1 Like

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:57am On Dec 19, 2014
tumababa:
yes. And its classic. Whether you like it or not: classy.

I love blackberry.

1 Like

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by salamij(m): 8:57am On Dec 19, 2014
nice one
Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by clemz88(m): 8:57am On Dec 19, 2014
I luv my curve 7 n my curve 7 luvs me. They should hold there new arrival

1 Like

Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by satowind(m): 8:58am On Dec 19, 2014
And I still dey flex my curve 7 since 2yrs and 3months now
Re: What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard by waleakanfe(m): 8:59am On Dec 19, 2014
Shiooooorrrrrr!!!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls How Can I Identify A Fast Charger To Buy? / Cost Of Data In Nigeria Is Very High. Not Cheap / Gionee Pioneer P2 Rooting And Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.