Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,802 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Adjusting To Life As A Widower - Family (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adjusting To Life As A Widower (122702 Views)

Poll: How has this thread helped you to appreciate your spouse better and positively affect your relationship?

Very Positive: 90% (9 votes)
Good: 0% (0 votes)
Fair: 10% (1 vote)
Not Really: 0% (0 votes)
Not At All: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Bounces Back To Life After Three Days In Morgue (Photo) / Getting Married To A Widower / Adjusting To Parenthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by quasimodoman(f): 7:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
nemesis:
Oga Serubawon, e don reach make you post picture of yourself na. Am sure everyone want to know who the mysterious Serubawon is. Abeg, please na. After 13 years of this thread, allow us to see your face. Doesn't everyone agree?

I totally agree. I'm part of the Serubawon fan club. Oya Serubawon..... ball is in your court.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
Ok. Pictures will be up here for a limited time only. 3 years in and going stronger. Only Jesus makes happiness like this happen.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Efewestern: 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2019
Wow... followed your story some time ago, looking good sir, God bless your family.

3 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by bellong: 1:39am On Aug 27, 2019
To God be the glory. May your union continue to be blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Funjosh(m): 1:57am On Aug 27, 2019
This is wow....... Congratulations Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2019
Efewestern:
Wow... followed your story some time ago, looking good sir, God bless your family.

Thank you and amen.

3 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2019
Funjosh:

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
Funjosh:

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
bellong:
To God be the glory. May your union continue to be blessed.

Amen and thank you.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Mizwisdom(f): 5:02am On Aug 28, 2019
Nice pictures

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by egopersonified(f): 9:47am On Aug 28, 2019
Timeless

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by revolt(m): 8:13am On Aug 29, 2019
prittigrrr:
My fiance is a widower. I am divorced. I told him on our 1st date that I loved married life but had a bad marrige. He told me he knew nothing of a bad marriage and had only known happiness and love. I respected him from that second on. He told me problems he had with the grief of his child. I told him to please be careful and choose a loving woman who could be sensitive and attentive to the needs of the child and to him. He had been alone for 5 years and had not dated much. He had told his family that he would never marry again. Very shortly thereafter he proposed marriage to me. We are planning our wedding and life together now. We've been dating for 9 months and are still meeting each others friends and families. Life is sweet and I am looking forward to mothering his daughter and loving him.
that's what you'll say now till he marries u...lol

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by jayne8585yahoo(f): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
serubawon:
Ok. Pictures will be up here for a limited time only. 3 years in and going stronger. Only Jesus makes happiness like this happen.
OMG this is the mysterious serubawon, Congratulations on your marriage.. You and wify look awesome

3 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by nemesis(f): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
I no talk am? see as the man faiiine jare!!! abegi, no comot the foto at all o. we finally get to see the face of the man wey be true man. may God continue to rain blessings on your household sir. If I want already married, I for Marry u. Olori, well done jare. U do us proud as women. Wonderful couple wink wink wink wink wink

4 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by quasimodoman(f): 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2019
I am so happy to finally see you sir. Madam, you are stunning. This story is so precious and priceless, you must write a full book on it. God bless both of you IJN!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by chii8(f): 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2019
Beautiful family.... Really an inspiration to many homes.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2019
Ok. Took down the pictures and left just one up there. Hope people enjoyed them. Hopefully I'll put more up, if Olori agrees to it wink

4 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Mcleo007(m): 10:56am On Oct 28, 2019
Losing one's partner especially at a young age is one of the biggest emotional trauma that can happen to anyone.

I lost my wife 3 weeks ago due to complications from childbirth. Our son didn't make it too. The saddest part is that I walked her into the theatre myself as she was to undergo an emergency c-section due to foetal distress as they said. She was full of life, gisted and pranked all the way. My world came down shattered when I saw the nurses running helter-skelter a few minutes after I left her off at the theatre room.

It's mysterious really how your life can be going so well, and in one blink, it comes down to pieces. We were first friends for a few years before becoming lovers, then decided to tie the knot this year in between her getting pregnant.

She was my best friend and we shared a close bond. We got married just May this year, which meant the marriage lasted just 4 months.

Family and friends would expect you to brace up and move on, but trust me the grief never go away. The grief hit harder in the mornings when I wake up; thoughts of the life we had, what we would have had had she not died, the many plans we made and so on.

I know I will survive, at least I know she would want me to.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by prittigrrr(f): 10:36pm On Oct 30, 2019
Hello all and especially our brother serubawon! It is so good to see so many happy people encouraged by your story. Continue to be well and may God continue to bless! As to my own story, my former husband and I have been re-married for seven years now! To God be the glory! Only God could restore our marriage after 10 years divorced. We've been very happy and taking my husband back was one of the best decisions I ever made. It has been better the second time around for us. Even though I rarely drop through, many of the stories I read on this story continue to ring in my heart. I wish the best to all! Prittigrrr

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by prittigrrr(f): 10:42pm On Oct 30, 2019
Mcleo007:
Losing one's partner especially at a young age is one of the biggest emotional trauma that can happen to anyone.

I lost my wife 3 weeks ago due to complications from childbirth. Our son didn't make it too. The saddest part is that I walked her into the theatre myself as she was to undergo an emergency c-section due to foetal distress as they said. She was full of life, gisted and pranked all the way. My world came down shattered when I saw the nurses running helter-skelter a few minutes after I left her off at the theatre room.

It's mysterious really how your life can be going so well, and in one blink, it comes down to pieces. We were first friends for a few years before becoming lovers, then decided to tie the knot this year in between her getting pregnant.

She was my best friend and we shared a close bond. We got married just May this year, which meant the marriage lasted just 4 months.

Family and friends would expect you to brace up and move on, but trust me the grief never go away. The grief hit harder in the mornings when I wake up; thoughts of the life we had, what we would have had had she not died, the many plans we made and so on.

My dear one,

Words can not possibly convey my sorrow at your story. Your grief is new and it is strong, I am sure. I hope that you will stand strong and take confidence in this one thing. As you said, you will survive. Know that people you have never met are praying for and wishing only God's best for you. Earth has no sorrow that heaven can not heal. I do not know when or how but I do know that one day, your healing will rise up to meet you. Be careful and take good care of yourself. Don't worry if others don't understand. God knows and cares for you.

5 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:42am On Oct 31, 2019
I was so touched by this thread when I read it, so happy to see the happy ending.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by duduade: 7:57am On Oct 31, 2019
Mcleo007:

Please stay strong

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 31, 2019
Mcleo007:

Can barely stand common distance between me and my partner not to talk of death. Saddest piece I’ve read all year. Take heart bro. Time will heal you.

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Dearlord(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
Mcleo007:

So sorry bro for the great loss.
You got to move on so that they can rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Mcleo007(m): 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
Thanks a lot guys. Your kind words mean a lot. Much appreciation!
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by prestigiouslady: 2:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
Mcleo007:

I'm so so sorry for your lose...I pray God comforts you cos only he can.
please cry if that will relieve you a bit for the pain...talk to family friends.. please don't bottle up how you feel.

Grieving is a process, please give yourself time to heal but don't go too hard on yourself.
I'll keep you in my prayers.
all the best

3 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Lekster(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2019
Mcleo007:

I’m sorry for your loss. May God ease this painful period for you. Stay strong.”

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 02, 2019
serubawon:

Thank you.

Please where is Chaircover and Mrs. Kadri?
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by EneJeta: 12:30am On Nov 03, 2019
stumbling on this thread is by divine arrangements. with all I read here, I'm waxing stronger.
lost my dad in 2005, mum never remarried.
even though I'm married to my hubby(met on nairaland), 4yrs and still counting. I pray for God's protection over him cos he is my best friend.

Big bro serubawan, you are rare gem. God's faithfulness will continually be new. Regards to Olori and the kids

3 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Winneygirl(f): 1:40pm On Nov 03, 2019
Mcleo007:
Thanks a lot guys. Your kind words mean a lot. Much appreciation!

I'm really sorry about what you have to go through. I know for a fact that no one can understand the dept of your grief, and it will be difficult to find the strength to heal.
All you can do is breathe, and try to put one foot in front of the other. And I pray that you find the strength for this everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Swissheart(f): 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
Mcleo007:

Hmmmn,
When death has come and taken our loved ones, it leaves our home so lonely and dried. Then we wonder why others prosper and never molested though even in their wrong.
My prayers are with you in your thoughts and in your everyday lifestyle. The loneliest walk one can ever take is through the path of grieving. I am grieving too. I am missing my Mom so badly. Noone understands it.The pain is inexpressible and obviously permanent too. I plead that you do whatever it is that seem to ease your pain. Friends, family, colleagues, neighbours wont understand it. They might feel you are doing too much or doing less than they expected. It doesn't matter. Just do whatever it is for yourself. Stay strong too. The heavens will take care of you. Jesus will comfort you and you will not fear. cry

4 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Funjosh(m): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
Mcleo007:

I understand how you feel bro, even sharing last moment with her hurt so deep. I experienced something close to that around May thus year when I lost my sister after having her first child at 24, her marriage is just 10 months old. spending the last hours with her still hurts me till date but our consolation in them is they are just free from this sinful world. It's not easy bro but take heart and try to be strong.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply)

Man Shares Picture After First Sex With His Virgin Wife (Viewers Discretion) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.