Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,683 members, 7,801,966 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? (8137 Views)

Is It Right To Have Foursome With Your Wives In Islam? / We (muslims) Worship Allah(swt) Not The black Stone In Ka'aba. / The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by johnstar(m): 7:03am On Dec 21, 2014
una don start again
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 21, 2014
[b]Yes, there is a verse in the Koran that states what the OP says. You guys find it disturbing because of what some humans sat together to compile. Some human rights laws.

God commanded this before there was anything like what humans, mere humans sat together to compile, so what Allah has said, he has said it. I won't tell you that this is not in the Koran or try to make some explanations which eventually make me look foolish.

But then, why don't you ask yourself ?
How many true muslims beat their wives?

The solution in the verses is to be used as a last resort and clerics even have always said that Allah's recommendation of a solution doesn't mean he's always pleased with the solution.

Beating one's wife should be a last resort and besides beating one's wife has rules.

1)As a muslim, it is not permissible to beat someone on the face. (Slaps and face punches)

2)You can't beat your wife in a way that will leave marks on her.

This brings us to the point we'll say that the beating is more a symbolism of anger towards the wife than a gesture of hurting her.

Allah knows best.

(Bridge)
My daddy is a muslim and he has never beaten my mummy before. Infact, they seem to have never quarrelled. Or maybe, they do their best to hide it from us when they do. cheesy

+ The Prophet's wife narrated that the Prophet(PBUH) never raised his hands to beat neither a human nor an animal. If it were the best to beat a woman, the Prophet(PBUH) would have done it first. cheesy
Ayamlaykorn[/b]

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by poundlander: 7:06am On Dec 21, 2014
the mod must be crazi!!!
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by lukhad: 7:06am On Dec 21, 2014
guy, dis na rubbish topic, post sometin reasonable,
we are not here for religious criticism.
wise up.
we understand d quran wordings than ourselves, do not use wat some pple do in judgin others.
boko haram claimed to b muslim, where as other muslim scholars go against wat dey are doing.
wat matters most is aw u interprete d wordings, u can neva compare d way yoruba muslim take d religion to the hausas way.
i rest my comment.
chief always put reasonable topic on nairaland, we are not here for religion arguments, pleas u are mature enuf to talk to ur dad, and speak ur mother too to do d rite tins.

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by malvisguy212: 7:07am On Dec 21, 2014
holatin:
Firstly I marvel at the amount of ogogoro the mod that transfer this to front page must Ve been under without him changing the title.

And you know nairaland to be a place, religion fanatic will say anything to rubbish a religion different from them.

The verse you mentioned has been greatly misconceived
by many people who focus merely on its surface
meaning, taking it to allow wife beating. When the
setting is not taken into account, it isolates the words in
a way that distorts or falsifies the original meaning.
Before dealing with the issue of wife-battering in the
perspective of Islam, we should keep in mind that the
original Arabic wording of the Holy Quran is the only
authentic source of meaning. If one relies on the
translation alone, one is likely to misunderstand it

"According to Quran the relationship between the
husband and wife should be based on mutual love and
kindness. Allah says: "And among His Signs is this, that
He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye
may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love
and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs
for those who reflect." (Quran: Ar-Rum 21)
The Holy Quran urges husbands to treat their wives with
kindness. (In the event of a family dispute, Quran
exhorts the husband to treat his wife kindly and not to
overlook her positive aspects). Allah Almighty says:
“Live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If
ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a
thing, and Allah brings about through it a great deal of
good.” (Quran: An-Nisaa 19)

As to those women on whose part
you fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them
(first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat
them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not
against them means (of annoyance); for Allah is most
High and Great (above you all). If you fear a breach
between them twain, appoint (two) arbiters, one from his
family and the other from hers. If they wish for peace,
Allah will cause their reconciliation; for Allah has full
knowledge and is acquainted with all things." (Quran:
An-Nisaa 34-35)
It is important to read the section fully. One should not
take part of the verse and use it to justify one's own
misconduct. This verse neither permits violence nor
condones it. It guides us to ways to handle delicate
family situation with care and wisdom. The word
"beating" is used in the verse, but it does not mean
"physical abuse". The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) explained it
"dharban ghayra mubarrih" which means "a light tap that
leaves no mark". He further said that face must be
avoided. Some other scholars are of the view that it is
no more than a light touch by siwak, or toothbrush.

TELL ME HOW A TAP COULD BE CALLED BEATING.
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by Rayash: 7:09am On Dec 21, 2014
islam command us to treat our wive with love and care, and for the beating of women is last option that Allah gave us in controlling violet women

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by kristisking(m): 7:09am On Dec 21, 2014
In Islam,wives are just like slaves to their husbands and are often treated as such.Muslim women are enjoined in the quran not to seek western education.They are confined to their various homes where they mainly carry out their domestic chores,satisfy their husbands in bed,raise children,but thanks to civilisation,things have started changing.Some of these women are now elightened to seek western education.We now have bread winners among them,but in most villages they are still treated as slaves.If all muslims are to sincerely follow what is laid down in the quran,what we are currently witnessing in Nigeria and in the middle east would have been worse than what we have now.Apart from the fact that these women are married at their tender ages,they are often maltreated,used and divorced at will.When one critically looks at all these,one can conclude that their something to islam than meets the eyes.
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by mrakin(m): 7:09am On Dec 21, 2014
The truth will always remain the same no matter the interpretations or clauses attached.
The bible is the only word of God that is authentic, unique, archaeologically correct, inspired of God and free from human inputs. I am sure if you apply the words of Jesus' sermon on the mount, ur life will be meaningful.
However, many who claim they are Christians are not Christlike in nature.
The bottom line is - it is wrong to beat, molest, or tap your wife. God can never say that. You are to love your wife as your own body. Some people beat their spouses because they see themselves as mere sex partners and caretakers of their children.
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by tinyanosa(f): 7:14am On Dec 21, 2014
God is love.we are the express image of His person,the word of God says as He(jesus)is,so are we in this world.1john 4:17.God commendeth His love towards us,in that while we were yet sinners,Christ died for u Romans5:8 if He loved us so in spite of our wrongdoings,so we should do the same. so as christians we function in love and true faith works by love. That's our consciousness as followers of christ.Love is the character of a true believer of christ is something we live and express not only to God,but also to people he died for.stay blessed
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by repent4christ: 7:15am On Dec 21, 2014
Christians and muslims are not serving the same God! lets get that straight.
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by queenbesha(f): 7:15am On Dec 21, 2014
ooman:

Let him actually start from the beginning - Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy and let see if he won't see such.

Yes....of course there are some verses in the bible especially the old testament that talks about war, sword,sex etc. But be honest with yourself.....those verses never makes mention of God killing for pleasure or asking His worshippers to rape women or abuse their power.

Have you nt also read in the same old testament about some who offered up their children as burnt sacrifices and God reprimanded them and rejected such sacrifices?

The fact is and will still remain that....Jehovah God the Almighty cannot be compared with Mohammed or whoever!

Note: am nt saying this because am a christian, am just saying the truth that even muslims who choose to, could see these truths with me.
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by espn(m): 7:17am On Dec 21, 2014
Quran 38 verse 39 - 44
39- such are our bounties whether thou bestow them (on others) or withold them. No account will be asked.
40- and he enjoyed indeed a near approach to us and a beautiful place of final return.
41- commemorate our servant job. Behold he cried to his lord. Behold Satan has afflicted me with distress and suffering!
42 - strike with thy foot: here is (water) wherein to wash, cool and refreshing and (water) to drink.
43 -and we gave him back his people and doubled there number as a grace from us and a thing of commemoration for all those who have understanding
44- and take in thy hand a little grass and strike therewith and break not thy oath. Truly we find him patient and full of constancy. How excellent is thy servant! Ever did he turn (to us)
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by robinsoncrosoe: 7:18am On Dec 21, 2014
Islam is for barbarians
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by vega84(m): 7:24am On Dec 21, 2014
Am NT surprised,cos is only in Islam u will find all manners of senseless wickedness! Mstchewwewew
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by Misogynist2014(m): 7:28am On Dec 21, 2014
poundlander:
the title is misleading, its inciting and generalizing. Op if your dad behave the animal way,that doesn't mean everybody does.@Mod,...
So it is animalistic to follow the teachings of 'holy' quran? Comedy of errors! cheesy
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by larrymoore(m): 7:29am On Dec 21, 2014
@Op It is ur father's way of hiding from the obvious, his way of burying his temperamental alarcrity
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by Obagoal4u(m): 7:33am On Dec 21, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
Q 38 v 44 says " And take in your hand a bundle of thin grass and strike therewith( your wife), and break not your oath. Truly, we found him patient. How excellent a slave! Verily, he was over oft- returning in repentance ( to us)
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by fr3do(m): 7:37am On Dec 21, 2014
kestolove95:
but y?..d christainity I practice dosnt teach mi to sae bad abt other religion...u ar not a muslim,u a christain lyk mi nd I want u to knw dat u a fake christain....peopl like u dat dnt evn go to church or read d bibble ar d onex dat alwaz cox cinfusion,gt a life respct peopl religion cox xtsinity preaches love nd tolerance..oritsefor followers.

How about the wife beating na, are you going to ignore that?
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by hasshams: 7:50am On Dec 21, 2014
Ifeann:

I would love to explain about the deity of Jesus if you like you can PM(email) me questions or you can create a topic and Christians, myself included will explain it further because it is a whole topic on its own.

However, the focus here is on Islam since you are not convinced about its falsehood. So read what I have to say carefully;

You say,"In the Qur’an, we are asked to pray 5 times a day, the number of rakkah is not stated in the Qur’an but then almost all Muslims would pray 2 rakkah in subh. This is because we interpret the Qur’an in the boundary of what muhammed (saw) did."

You are very right about this statement. And to interpret the Qur’an in the boundary of what muhammed did you have to turn to the authentic hadiths, not any kind of hadith. Now, I will turn to 2 very important hadiths (Muslim and burhari) so as to enlighten you on slavery since you said,"About slaves, I don't know much about rules guiding slavery in Islam. So I can't speak much on that."

Bukhari (52:255)- The slave who accepts Islam and continues serving his Muslim master will receive a double reward in heaven.

Bukhari (41.598)- Slaves are property. They cannot be freed if an owner has outstanding debt, but can be used to pay off the debt.

Bukhari (62:137)- An account of women taken as slaves in battle by Muhammad's men after their husbands and fathers were killed. The woman were raped with Muhammad's approval.

Bukhari (34:432)- Another account of females taken captive and raped with Muhammad's approval. In this case it is evident that the Muslims intend on selling the women after raping them because they are concerned about devaluing their price by impregnating them. Muhammad is asked about coitus interruptus.

Bukhari (47.765)- A woman is rebuked by Muhammad for freeing a slave girl. The prophet tells her that she would have gotten a greater heavenly reward by giving her to a relative (as a slave).

Bukhari (34:351)- Muhammad sells a slave for money. He was thus a slave trader.

Bukhari (72:734)- Some contemporary Muslims in the West, where slavery is believed to be a horrible crime, are reluctant to believe that Muhammad owned slaves. This is just one of many places in the Hadith where a reference is made to a human being owned by Muhammad. In this case, the slave is of African descent.

Muslim 3901- Muhammad trades away two black slaves for one Muslim slave.

Muslim 4112- A man freed six slaves on the event of his death, but Muhammad reversed the emancipation and kept four in slavery to himself. He cast lots to determine which two to free.

Bukhari (47:743)- Muhammad's own pulpit - from which he preached Islam - was built with slave labor on his command.

Bukhari (59:637)-"The Prophet sent Ali to Khalid to bring the Khumus (of the booty) and I hated Ali, and Ali had taken a bath (after a sexual act with a slave-girl from the Khumus). I said to Khalid,'Don't you see this (i.e. Ali)?'When we reached the Prophet I mentioned that to him. He said,'O Buraida! Do you hate Ali?'I said,'Yes.'He said,'Do you hate him, for he deserves more than that from the Khumlus.'" Muhammad approved of his men having sex with slaves, as this episode involving his son-in-law, Ali, clearly proves. This hadith refutes the modern apologists who pretend that slaves were really"wives,"since Muhammad had forbidden Ali from marrying another woman as long as Fatima (his favorite daughter) was living.

Now you may not agree with the summary of the hadiths so I shall now present you the passages of you qu'ran

Qur'an (4:24)-"And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." Even sex with married slaves is permissible.

Qur'an (8:69)-"But (now) enjoy what ye took in war, lawful and good" A reference to war booty, of which slaves were a part

Qur'an (33:50)-"O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those (slaves) whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee"

Qur'an (23:5-6)-"..who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess..." This verse permits the slave-owner to have sex with his slaves.

See also Qur'an (70:29-30). The Quran is a small book, so if Allah used valuable space to repeat the same point four times, then sex slavery must be very important to him.

Qur'an (24:32)-"And marry those among you who are single and those who are fit among your male slaves and your female slaves..." Breeding slaves based on fitness.
Qur'an (2:178)-"O ye who believe! Retaliation is prescribed for you in the matter of the murdered; the freeman for the freeman, and the slave for the slave, and the female for the female." The message of this verse, which prescribes the rules of retaliation for murder, is that all humans arenotcreated equal. The human value of a slave is less than that of a free person (and a woman's worth is also distinguished from that of a man's)

NOW let's compare it with the BIBLE, the true inspired word of God.

Galatians 3:28p
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond(slave) nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 12:13:"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond(slave) or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

Colossians 3:11:"Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond(slave) nor free: but Christ is all, and in all."

Do you notice how often SEX, WOMEN, SLAVE, CAPTIVE, FIGHT, SWORD, SLAY, PUNISH, REWARD, appears in your Qu'ran and hadiths.. Please think about it. Get a bible start from Mathew, mark, Luke and John (the new covenant we live under) and see if you see such.
OH GOD of mercy see d way this confused lady is terrorising the verses of the qur'an,you were quoting the qur'an the way you like changing the meaning and tampering with the lessons.I read it ol,non of your quotes is honestly writting they are all redesigned so as to missguide others.are you sure it is rape really RAPE that is writting in d places you mensioned rape? Thaz y women can be very terrible at times very sentimental.why do you have to alter the correct verse with your sentiments.I'm inviting you stop leaving in darkness of confusion and dubt and accept Islam I promise you you will never like to leave.ask your pastors who have converted.ask them why they do so
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by espn(m): 7:53am On Dec 21, 2014
Quran 4 verse 34 - 35
34- men are the protectors and maintainance of women because Allah has given one more strength than the other. And because they support them from their means. Therfore the righteous women are devoutly obedient and guard in the (husband's) absence what Allah will have them guard. And of those women on part which ye fear disloyalty or ill conduct, admonish them(first) and (next) refuse to share there beds and lastly beat them (slightly) and if they return to obedience seek not against them means(of annoyance): for Allah is so high, great (above you all)
35- if yea fear a breach between them twain (the man and his wife) appoint (2) arbitrators one from his family and the other from her family. If they both wish for peace Allah will cause there reconcillation. Indeed Allah is ever all knowing well acquainted with all things.
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by Misogynist2014(m): 7:55am On Dec 21, 2014
[quote author=ypeace post=29043042][/quote] You can be greater than me e.g financially and still be equal, depending on the magnitude of our closeness and love. ''I and my Father are one.'' ''Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thouthen, Shew us the Father?'' ''For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one'' 1 ''In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not''

''And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory''
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by espn(m): 7:56am On Dec 21, 2014
The holy prophet (pbuh) peace be upon him even said if you are forced to correct you wife when you are provoked. Pat her slightly on her back in such a way that it won't even hurt a fly.
OP may Allah forgive you and pray you dont taste his wrath. No matter how little it is. The first verse you quoted was directed to job when he was in distress. There was no place it talked about women.
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by Teephar(f): 8:03am On Dec 21, 2014
holatin:
Firstly I marvel at the amount of ogogoro the mod that transfer this to front page must Ve been under without him changing the title.

And you know nairaland to be a place, religion fanatic will say anything to rubbish a religion different from them.

The verse you mentioned has been greatly misconceived
by many people who focus merely on its surface
meaning, taking it to allow wife beating. When the
setting is not taken into account, it isolates the words in
a way that distorts or falsifies the original meaning.
Before dealing with the issue of wife-battering in the
perspective of Islam, we should keep in mind that the
original Arabic wording of the Holy Quran is the only
authentic source of meaning. If one relies on the
translation alone, one is likely to misunderstand it

"According to Quran the relationship between the
husband and wife should be based on mutual love and
kindness. Allah says: "And among His Signs is this, that
He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye
may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love
and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs
for those who reflect." (Quran: Ar-Rum 21)
The Holy Quran urges husbands to treat their wives with
kindness. (In the event of a family dispute, Quran
exhorts the husband to treat his wife kindly and not to
overlook her positive aspects). Allah Almighty says:
“Live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If
ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a
thing, and Allah brings about through it a great deal of
good.” (Quran: An-Nisaa 19)

As to those women on whose part
you fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them
(first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat
them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not
against them means (of annoyance); for Allah is most
High and Great (above you all). If you fear a breach
between them twain, appoint (two) arbiters, one from his
family and the other from hers. If they wish for peace,
Allah will cause their reconciliation; for Allah has full
knowledge and is acquainted with all things." (Quran:
An-Nisaa 34-35)
It is important to read the section fully. One should not
take part of the verse and use it to justify one's own
misconduct. This verse neither permits violence nor
condones it. It guides us to ways to handle delicate
family situation with care and wisdom. The word
"beating" is used in the verse, but it does not mean
"physical abuse". The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) explained it
"dharban ghayra mubarrih" which means "a light tap that
leaves no mark". He further said that face must be
avoided. Some other scholars are of the view that it is
no more than a light touch by siwak, or toothbrush.

TELL ME HOW A TAP COULD BE CALLED BEATING.
. bro u said it all
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by fr3do(m): 8:09am On Dec 21, 2014
asalimpo:

this is empty humanitarianism.
Sometimes human life has to b taken for d betterment of society in general.
A willful murderer shud b killed to pay d life/lives he has destroyed.
This is morally and spiritually right.
If there were no army in a country how would tht country b safe for its citizens?

Did she oppose having an army?
There are ways to enforce law without killing anybody. And killing as a means of law enforcement should be done with heavy hearts. Its strange that you and your brethren are advocating for killing with so much enthusiasm.
Re: Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? by holatin(m): 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
Teephar:
. bro u said it all
tanx ma'am.
salam

(1) (2) (3)

Happy Eid Al-Adha / Differences Between Muhammad And Jesus / Eight Kinds Of People To Whom Zakat Can Be Given

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.