Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

An Essay As Regards My Motto In Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Essay As Regards My Motto In Life (3140 Views)

Apply For UBA National Essay Competition 2015 / Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / What's The Motto/slogan Of Your School/al Ma Mater (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Essay As Regards My Motto In Life by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
Before I commence the discussion proper as regards my motto in life, permit me to provide an introduction and illustration to the prescribe theme, in order to provide a resourceful background to the essay proper.

Against the above assumption, many people will not dispute the facts that there is a reason for every happening in life and I belief that is what prompt the foundation magazine new motto: on life, knowledge and belief. It is not surprising, even almost everybody in life has his/her motto, that is why we have different cairn with different strokes.

From the above brief introduction, it is quite evident that for every successful life, there must be a motto behind such success. That is why I picture life as a working progress, rather than a done deal. To shed more light, it is so pathetic to say that life is full of difficulties, hardship, tribulations, dangers as well as worldly goodies and materials. This shows that life is of two phase, both the ugly and the good sides. Despite all the above facet of life, it’s never stop, life still continue.

If on the other hand, we see life as a done deal most of us will not move forward. I belief we are going to have the mentality that the ugly sides of life are bound to happen. From biblical point of view, many of us are suffering in life because of the sin of our fore fathers as well as Adam and Eve. But I will always emphasize that life progresses, all we need is to try as much as possible to overcome all the challenges and problems that might occur.

To cut the whole discussion short, my motto in life is base on the notion that life wait no one, life is seen as a working progress rather than a done deal. Done deal simply encompasses something that has already been settled, concluded or finalized.

Before, I thought for life to move forward effectively as expected, one needs to eat better, think better and dream big alone, forgetting the facts that life is beyond eating, thinking and dreaming alone. It involves learning from our yesterday in order to live for today as well as hoping for better tomorrow.

To buttress that with benefit of hindsight, many people will want to agree with me that, we cannot move forward without glancing through our past. This will enable us to learn a lot from where we are coming from. Again we should not allow our past to reflect in our present, that is our today if truly we are anticipating for a better tomorrow.

It is quite evident so far that life is full of past, present and future. It depends on how we are able to juxtapose the three together. Most of us do pray that we should not allow our past to be better than our present, neither to talk of the future. It is expected of everyone to build on his/her past in order to move forward because life is a working progress whether we like it or not.

Permit me to share my little experience with the readers, which I think it will be beneficial. It goes thus; during my secondary school days especially in class S.S 3 when we are suppose to wrote our final exam, I recorded many failures several times, my parent through frustration have even threaten me to go and learn apprenticeship but I did not concur. Because I know where am heading to. And also my motto do sound into my heart that life continues and I should not allow those failure to affect my future plan. But thank God today am a full graduate of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba, Ondo state Nigeria. This is a sign of progressiveness in life endeavours. As for everyone it is good to always glance through your motto, whether you are moving in line with the motto or not. We should not forget again that our moment of decision do shape our destiny at times.

From the above so far, if I was to choose three words to sum up my motto, I will prefer using the word; regret, worry and faith. ( R.W.F) The reason for using the three words is because they capture the philosophy of my motto.

Letter R for Regret: it is not amazing that regret is associated with some wrong done for some disappointment which make person to look back. However we should not feel regretful of anything, we should rather see it as a stepping stone. Permit me at this point to perform a practical exercise which will buttress the point of discussion; Mr. “A” is a kind of person that have an ugly past, but he do reflect his past in is present. While Mr. “B” also have an ugly past but did not allow his past to reflect in his memory, all he does is just to learn from such past in order to avoid repeated mistakes. The question now is, between Mr. “A” and “B” way of life, which one is likely to have a better tomorrow. I belief many people will want to choose Mr. “B” because he did not regret his past but rather learn from such past.

I choose the word regret as part of the three letter word for my motto because I do notice that most of us do feel down casted and regretful for their ugly past and not looking for a way out, which is quite disheartening.

Letter W for Worry; from a general point of view, worry is afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief. The essence of worry is to look forward, at times I do worry when I notice that things are not going on smoothly especially where am expecting distinction in a particular course and unfortunately I had “F” which symbolizes fail. Rather than for me to feel dejected, I tends to look forward for better tomorrow. The basic analogy here is that, it is not ideal to remain silent of our past, in order to progress.

In a nut shell, try to be worried of your past, so as to trigger you on how to make a noticeable improvement. This call goes to all the readers of this essay.

Lastly, the letter “F” for Faith; is otherwise known as complete confidence in a person or plan. From another perspective, faith encompasses a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny. From biblical point of view, the bible says that with faith in God all things are possible. But it so painful nowadays that many people have lost faith in God, they belief that there past is permanent, they belief that there present remain stand still and they also belief that there is no future anywhere. They forget the fact that strong belief in almighty being creates hope for brighter future.

Personally it is advisable not to give up for failure, nobody is born to fail as no one knows what is around the corner. That is why it is essential to re trace our step whenever we encounter any challenges. Every individual is also expected to meditate these nine questions in their heart in order to ensure a successful motto;

Is there any improvement on your past?
Have you ever re-examine yourself to notice whether there is an improvement on your past?
Is your present better than your past?
Have you ever keep an eye forward to the destiny you create today?
Do you belief that life is full of good and ugly sides?
Do you belief that nobody is born to fail?
Do you belief there is a future?
Do you belief that through faith, you can achieve a brighter future?
Lastly, do you also belief that life continue despite all the challenges people encounter in their daily life?

At this juncture, if we can meditate the above listed questions, we are going to notice that life is suitable, and also overcoming challenges in life will be easier. In essence, the above discussion so far, brought about the three main words that characterize my motto in life which is;

Regret looks back.
Worry looks forward.
But faith looks up.

However Your motto might be different from mine but surely what we are all striving to achieve is a brighter future as well as sustaining such future for everlasting purpose. It is very important for everyone to have a motto in life and let people know you or like you for whom you are.

In conclusion, it is very important to know where we are coming from and where we are heading to, so as to ensure proper adjustment. I will say and I will continue to say emphatically that we should remember the past… but live forth moment… while keeping an eye ever forward to the destiny being created today.

Written By Kunle Adekunle. [kunlezy2012@yahoo.com]
Contributing Author www.brainnewsng.com
Re: An Essay As Regards My Motto In Life by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 27, 2020
This is an excellent essay! Have a look here https://domyessayuk.com if you are interested in more!

(1) (Reply)

How To Check Aug/sept GCE Result | 2nd Series Result Is Out / School Slangs / I Want To Do My Hnd In Rivpoly Bori.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.