Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Buhari Is Not A Messiah: Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Not A Messiah: Opinion (447 Views)

Buhari Is A Messiah To Re-start Nigeria: Late Ooni Oba Sijuwade / Prophet Oluyemi Says Who Nigeria's Messiah Is-a Must Read! / Nigerian Police......when Will We Get A Messiah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Not A Messiah: Opinion by san316(m): 8:06am On Dec 19, 2014
There is this popular conception that GMB should be voted in because he can stamp out corruption and save Nigeria from its current pitiable state. Well, those with this argument base their belief on his performance as the then military HOS. However, I believe that a lot have changed since that time and corruption has become more complex and institutionalized in present day Nigeria.

Buhari as an individual cannot single handedly tackle corruption because we are now in a democracy where processes are more cumbersome. He can only show leadership and commitment which is of course what we need to start the journey to reclaiming our country.

Assuming GMB will come and eliminate corruption within 4 years is utopia. it will be expecting too much of him, an injustice to his person and will only end up in disappointment. fighting corruption starts with changing people's mindsets and establishing/empowering structures to checkmate people's excesses which I strongly believe in GMB's capacity to do that but this will take a long time to achieve.

Nevertheless, I still believe that Not just GMB but a different government is what we need. We need a government that would redirect the state of affairs in the country, a government that is not PDP. Should Buhari win, I expect and believe that the following will be implemented;
1. Government cost will be cut (eg. the bumper pay of the senators and reps)
2. Government contracts will be duly completed if awarded. we will have less cases of abandoned projects.
3. Electricity generation projects will be fast tracked and completed without billions going down the drain with nothing to show for it.
3. The scam of the current government will be exposed and prosecuted. everybody will be on his toes. Stealing will become corruption.
4. Insecurity in the country will be minimized because the military will be well armed and motivated. those cabals in the army will not be able to shortchange the people anymore.
5. The road will be tough but the end will be glorious.

After four years, Fashola will take over and build on the foundation of GMB then put us on track to be the regional power that we are destined to be.

If we get anything short of this, I will be disappointed because my doubts will have been confirmed. However, the people are now powerful so... We will vote out the APC government.

But for now....

Vote for Change

Vote. GMB #2015
Re: Buhari Is Not A Messiah: Opinion by holatin(m): 8:48am On Dec 19, 2014
thank God you know that he will implement that.

Buhari for change
Buhari for president

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity / Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan / President Jonathan’s Performance In Transport Sector Is Unprecedented — PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.