Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? (28915 Views)

Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (YEAP) / Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Yommykixz(m): 9:43am On Dec 19, 2014
Good day my good people!

i seek your assistance in my decision making, what can one possibly do with 1 million naira in Agriculture?

an investment that'll bring a reasonable return in short or long term.

please i want practicable and realistic advises, biko ino won enter 1 chance o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Denn(m): 9:55am On Dec 19, 2014
Yommykixz:
Good day my good people!

i seek your assistance in my decision making, what can one possibly do with 1 million naira in Agriculture?

an investment that'll bring a reasonable return in short or long term.

please i want practicable and realistic advises, biko ino won enter 1 chance o.

First, invest the money in a good savings account in a bank, possibly fixed deposit for a month

Then get online... Read.... You need to spend hundreds of hours reading about what people have done in the past... Of note is this agric section of NL. Read iita articles etc.

Then get closer to existing farmers.... They are plenty on NL. There are a lot here offering free and immense education on how it is being done

Then go to organizations like Songhai.... Dig in with your fingers...

Then come back to your fixed deposit and apply.... By then you will know what to do.

Any other approach, and that million is gone... Then you still need to do what I listed...

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by pi4u: 10:02am On Dec 19, 2014
Wow! I learnt so much from this. Sure to follow....quote author=Denn post=29016695]

First, invest the money in a good savings account in a bank, possibly fixed deposit for a month

Then get online... Read.... You need to spend hundreds of hours reading about what people have done in the past... Of note is this agric section of NL. Read iita articles etc.

Then get closer to existing farmers.... They are plenty on NL. There are a lot here offering free and immense education on how it is being done

Then come back to your fixed deposit and apply.... By then you will know what to do.

Any other approach, and that million is gone... Then you still need to do what I listed...

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by cbrass(m): 10:04am On Dec 19, 2014
Just half of it is enough to start piggery. My dad is a farmer so I won't lead u astray. And u will surely make your profir

3 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Yommykixz(m): 10:24am On Dec 19, 2014
Denn:

thank you very much for this God bless you.

please where is shonghai and what exactly do they do?
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Yommykixz(m): 10:26am On Dec 19, 2014
cbrass:
Just half of it is enough to start piggery. My dad is a farmer so I won't lead u astray. And u will surely make your profir

i heard piggery is very profitable but unfortunately its against my religion. (no disrespect)

i appreciate your cntribution.

6 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by cbrass(m): 10:28am On Dec 19, 2014
Yommykixz:

i heard piggery is very profitable but unfortunately its against my religion. (no disrespect)

i appreciate your cntribution.

Ohk I understand

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by adebayour26: 2:37pm On Dec 19, 2014
pi4u:
Wow! I learnt so much from this. Sure to follow....[quote author=Denn post=29016695]

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Beehshorp(m): 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
I may sound silly but what am about to type is d truth.. .
Guy u see dat 1million u wanna waste on agriculture I'd advice u use it to move over to Malaysia and am sure ud thank me later
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by chuka5000(m): 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
Fp grin
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by salamij(m): 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
i wil think abt it.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
Snail farming, snail is very expensive in the market now adays

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by laurel03(m): 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
i also hv ds kind of money dt is idle...
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Marvyx(m): 2:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
Waiting for the gurus to come #spreads mat#
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by englishmart(m): 2:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
leave agriculture.
Join politics. It's more lucrative

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by boman2014: 2:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
FISHERY! My friend have ponds of cat fish. Am telling ya,he makes alot of money from it.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by thefakestan: 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2014
Well do a lot of research, Fish. Farming, Plantain Plantation etc Sound lucrative but you shld follow d fix deposit poster guy, that way u won't rush into things and probably regret later

2 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by iluvweed(m): 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2014
Fufu
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Just20(f): 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
Cassava
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by adeblow(m): 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
I think u should do fish farming, grasscutter and snail. Google is ur friend.

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Rapture07: 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
Hmmmm 1st of all am sure u realize that there r two major types of agric. Plant and animal. And each of these types come with diff profit and loss range and xteristic. So 1st of all try to narrow on wat type u wud like to go into. Dat should help u get started. As for me I wud advice u go into cash crops.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by jerome4u(m): 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2014
Guy invest the money into poultry, just half of that money is enough, my mum is into poultry and fish pond business, I intend to start up my own next year, u can also seek advice frm any poultry owner near you on hw to go abt it.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Udmaster(m): 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2014
Move into Strawberry, Mushroom, Soy, or Sorghum(for beer industries) farming or you move into well packed Fish processing and exporting business. There are many agrobusiness you can invest in.

2 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Sleekyshuga(f): 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2014
Yommykixz:

thank you very much for this God bless you.

please where is shonghai and what exactly do they do?
Songhai is located at Rivers State, Ogoni... It's a State Owned Farm... Uniport students are there for IT, presently...

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by babate3e(m): 3:01pm On Dec 19, 2014
rear snakes

6 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by seunwen2(m): 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2014
Don't know
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Yommykixz(m): 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2014
Beehshorp:
I may sound silly but what am about to type is d truth.. .
Guy u see dat 1million u wanna waste on agriculture I'd advice u use it to move over to Malaysia and am sure ud thank me later

I sincerely do not understand you.

Are they sharing money in malaysia?

26 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Yommykixz(m): 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
boman2014:
FISHERY! My friend have ponds of cat fish. Am telling ya,he makes alot of money from it.

Please how do I get in touch with your friend?

I think personal experience will make a lot of sense.

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by raziboi(m): 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
poultry might be good....

ma opinion though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Earthen Pond Construction. (fish Pond) Pics. / Where To Get Cheap Palm Oil / Practical Farmers Pls Share Ur Bitter Experience, Let Learn From Your Mistakes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.