Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? (28912 Views)

Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (YEAP) / Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by dotna(m): 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
fertilizer
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by boman2014: 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
Yommykixz:

Please how do I get in touch with your friend?

I think personal experience will make a lot of sense.

Thanks for your contribution.
i stay in Abuja. I'll call him on the phone and i'll get in touch with you.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by samkolo(m): 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
::
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by janykute: 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
Beehshorp:
I may sound silly but what am about to type is d truth.. .
Guy u see dat 1million u wanna waste on agriculture I'd advice u use it to move over to Malaysia and am sure ud thank me later
Actually sounded silly,thank God you knew that.

7 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by haftob(m): 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
Talk to jasper7 about modern cucumber farming and also ask world1 about plantain plantation and agriculture processing. U won't regret talking to both of them cos they are both loaded in agric biz

2 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by tellwisdom: 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
Guy, go drink beer with it....its nothing. sad

5 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Gooci(m): 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
how soon do you want the return?? how many months or years??
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Emmanuel602(m): 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
Don't do poultry it's a gamble
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by GogetterMD(m): 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
Invest half the money in poultry farming, a quarter in fish farming, and another quarter in sheep rearing. Your sheep rearing will bring you profit on the long term while Fish and poultry farming on the short/intermediate term returns on investment

2 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by brixton: 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
Booked
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by JUBILEE2000: 3:21pm On Dec 19, 2014
Beehshorp:
Guy u see dat 1million u wanna waste on agriculture I'd advice u use it to move over to Malaysia and am sure ud thank me later

what will he be doing in Malaysia?

3 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by AdeniyiA(m): 3:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
thefakestan:
Well do a lot of research, Fish. Farming, Plantain Plantation etc Sound lucrative but you shld follow d fix deposit poster guy, that way u won't rush into things and probably regret later
una sabi give person name no be small cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Cryxtal(f): 3:25pm On Dec 19, 2014
For me, cash crops are very profitable. Cocoa, when done as extensive farming, will involve exportations. U could try rubber too, though nt exactly easy. Palms are also very good, especially if u intend to have mini-factories for conversions into semi-finished n finished products. Every part of a palm tree is useful from roots to leaves. A palm tree has so much to offer u. Generally speaking, The best investments, are those made in clothing, food n shelter. They are the 3 basic necessities of life n are always in high demand
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Xeedorf: 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
Beehshorp:
Well done bros, Move to malaysia to start doing what, please?

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by adaybayor(m): 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2014
with 1m you can earn btw 250k to 350k monthly on agric, if you want to know how add my pin 7CE131F0 and I will share some ideas with you. cant put my business idea on a public forum.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by 2kris(m): 3:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
Bro just go into poultry production, either layers or broilers u will not regret it 1 bit..am speaking as a agricultural science graduate
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Sleekyshuga(f): 3:36pm On Dec 19, 2014
I am presently on my Industrial Training in a Federal Government Establishment; African Regional Aqua-Culture Centre, Aluu.. In my 2nd month already, and I've come to appreciate Agriculture and it's importance..

One Million naira can go a long way in getting you loads of profits....

1. Fish Farming: Have you ever thought of the huge profits you'll make when you start this? Get a good land (half plot for a start), buy your fries, and start up with guidelines from an expert..

2. Snailery: This is another lucrative business which will fetch you cool cash.. Snails are appreciated in Nigeria, and on the high side.. You can also become a supplier to hotels, fast foods etc..

3. Poultry: It's the season for killing chicken grin grin... It can be stressful though, but the profit is worth it..

4. Feed Mill: This is a place where the feeds for aqua cultural livestock are produced.. With a little plot of land, and the right equipment with an expert guiding you, you can make huge profits.. People will come buy this feed from you..

5. Piggery: This is another lucrative investment..

6. Macrobrachium: This is the culturing and rearing of Prawns which is otherwise known as Oporo (guess I got the spelling undecided).. It's a delicious delicacy used in our meal, and quite expensive but the disadvantage of this is that, you'll need a flowing river (fresh water to be precise) where you can set your traps during the waterfall..

Hope I was able to help?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by coded2020(m): 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2014
fishery or poultry are good biz u can invest in

####some experienced guys are @ d Lagos state farm (araga) epe.#
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by MrPatoh: 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2014
Cocoa - Ghana.

* 1 million good enough

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by myhero4eva: 3:53pm On Dec 19, 2014
Actually i will advice u if d money was just given to u, fixd it 4 abt 3 months. While u go on poultr/fishing training(fish pond) 4 abt a month and get ready. Look 4 a smal hecta of land dependin on d locatn. Buy or take on leasehold as u construct abt 2 ponds and d house for abt 300 a day old chicks. Then start and monitor d business personally with an assistant. U wuld be amazed wat u wil c within d next 3months. Abt 150-200 thousand cn get u dat land a yr or buyin it. Tnks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by chukwuka12: 3:57pm On Dec 19, 2014
Yommykixz:
Good day my good people!

i seek your assistance in my decision making, what can one possibly do with 1 million naira in Agriculture?

an investment that'll bring a reasonable return in short or long term.

please i want practicable and realistic advises, biko ino won enter 1 chance o.

@den gas said ur all..
However I will like to ask among all d agric farming wish of them do u like most... U have to do what u like....
Poultry is not bad, however, apart fro. Reading a lot go out and look for poultry farms in your area, ask around for a good vet doctor tag along with him on his calls.

If its crop farming look for one in that area, learn from his mistakes....

But its important to note that as lucrative as agric is their could also be down times, risk that goes along with it.

But a good one if u are passionate...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by iamord(m): 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
MrPatoh:
Cocoa - Ghana.

* 1 million good enough

u go just wreck.. I don't think you know about the cocoa prices... If u want to venture it has to be in the processing line

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by onatisi(m): 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2014
This is my own advise , whatever u do , don't dabble in poultry. Fisheries is good as well as rearing pigs . And if u want crop plantation I will suggest you go for plantain farming

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Mstymah(f): 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
If you don't have any idea about aquaculture, don't invest all the money into it, aquaculture is a lucrative business, make research and go for training...that will make you understand what you are about to venture into..after you have acquired the knowledge, you can invest 30% of the money into it, has the business is progressing , you can as well be investing the remaining 70% little by little.

3 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by speaktome(m): 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
Come let me teach u all U need to knw abt supplying palm kernel nuts to PKO extracting factories @ least, there is no how u wunt b making 50% of ur capital per month

U can reach me tru my signature
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by pwiz(m): 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
Op, why don't you try rearing goat. 50 or 100 goats for a start, you can get them transported from the North and the risk is very low. It's very profitable. All the best bro

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Rexyl(m): 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2014
Yommykixz:
Good day my good people!

i seek your assistance in my decision making, what can one possibly do with 1 million naira in Agriculture?

an investment that'll bring a reasonable return in short or long term.

please i want practicable and realistic advises, biko ino won enter 1 chance o.

Denn:

First, invest the money in a good savings account in a bank, possibly fixed deposit for a month

Then get online... Read.... You need to spend hundreds of hours reading about what people have done in the past... Of note is this agric section of NL. Read iita articles etc.

Then get closer to existing farmers.... They are plenty on NL. There are a lot here offering free and immense education on how it is being done

Then go to organizations like Songhai.... Dig in with your fingers...

Then come back to your fixed deposit and apply.... By then you will know what to do.

Any other approach, and that million is gone... Then you still need to do what I listed...

Following the advise given above, you need to consider your knowledge, entrepreneurial and supervisory ability, market and how readily accessible your location is. With that amount you can venture into livestock, agro processing, fisheries, packaging and export of agricultural products & produce provided you have targeted and reliable buyers. These are the areas you can easily double and multiply your income within shortest period of time.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by wordychap: 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2014
You asked for practical examples, here's one;
Poultry; specifically layers.
Here's the breakdown
(Housing not taken into consideration)
If u rear 200 birds, you'll need about N200,000 to raise them to maturity/laying enough to feed themselves (they'll start laying in 17 weeks and by 22 weeks it'll lay enough to feed itself.
Your profit will be averagely N40,000.00 per month- from the time they're able to feed itself.
Depending on the specie, they'll lay for 1 yr to 1.5 years.
After lay, you'll sell them for 200,000 (1,000 each) thereby recovering your capital.

So all am saying is if u invest in this, after 5 months you'll get N40,000 profit monthly for more than 1 year.
The profit is in multiples I.e. 400 birds will give u N80,000 monthly n you'll need N400,000 to raise them etc.

The snag is its time demanding.

2 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by 100Cents: 4:46pm On Dec 19, 2014
VenusBetty:
Snail farming, snail is very expensive in the market now adays

Yea right.

Where do snails go during dry season or harmattan ?

I only see them moving around during rainy seasin.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by 100Cents: 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
Beehshorp:

What is happening in Malaysia.

Me I have N500k for investment too..
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by 100Cents: 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
Emmanuel602:
Don't do poultry it's a gamble

Many of them don't know.

I have seen poultry farmers with grown birds this Christmas yet no buyers..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Earthen Pond Construction. (fish Pond) Pics. / Where To Get Cheap Palm Oil / Practical Farmers Pls Share Ur Bitter Experience, Let Learn From Your Mistakes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.