Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? (28913 Views)

Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (YEAP) / Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Amisec: 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
2kris:
Bro just go into poultry production, either layers or broilers u will not regret it 1 bit..am speaking as a agricultural science graduate
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by iamwrong(m): 12:14pm On May 22, 2015
kayjegs:
This thread might interest you. Many agribusinesses and farming are discussed there including their cost and profit analysis

https://www.nairaland.com/1182280/funds-not-business-actually-need

or

https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need

Please can I have your email or phone contact. Thanks.

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Abidex35(m): 9:42am On Jan 13, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
I am presently on my Industrial Training in a Federal Government Establishment; African Regional Aqua-Culture Centre, Aluu.. In my 2nd month already, and I've come to appreciate Agriculture and it's importance..

One Million naira can go a long way in getting you loads of profits....

1. Fish Farming: Have you ever thought of the huge profits you'll make when you start this? Get a good land (half plot for a start), buy your fries, and start up with guidelines from an expert..

2. Snailery: This is another lucrative business which will fetch you cool cash.. Snails are appreciated in Nigeria, and on the high side.. You can also become a supplier to hotels, fast foods etc..

3. Poultry: It's the season for killing chicken grin grin... It can be stressful though, but the profit is worth it..

4. Feed Mill: This is a place where the feeds for aqua cultural livestock are produced.. With a little plot of land, and the right equipment with an expert guiding you, you can make huge profits.. People will come buy this feed from you..

5. Piggery: This is another lucrative investment..

6. Macrobrachium: This is the culturing and rearing of Prawns which is otherwise known as Oporo (guess I got the spelling undecided).. It's a delicious delicacy used in our meal, and quite expensive but the disadvantage of this is that, you'll need a flowing river (fresh water to be precise) where you can set your traps during the waterfall..

Hope I was able to help?

i know the post is quite old, but could you pls explain a little about this macrobarium or so, and the prawns you were referring to, are they largely consumed by people, in other words, does it have a market after production.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Sleekyshuga(f): 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
Abidex35:

i know the post is quite old, but could you pls explain a little about this macrobarium or so, and the prawns you were referring to, are they largely consumed by people, in other words, does it have a market after production.
Macrobrachium is the culturing of prawns, and yes, they are largely consumed.. Low in calories and fat than chicken yet with much more protein content.. They also contain magnesium (Mg) which is very important for bone development..

For example, Friday last week, my aunt bought a rubber of prawn (dried) for 6k, and bought same rubber of crayfish for 3k..

Except you don't know prawn, the market value is very high especially in the Southern part of Nigeria, and also other parts of the world (UK, North America, Ireland) etc..

You need to read up about prawn farming, and maybe, run a part time program on it cos trust me, they are very delicate, and dies easily if not properly taken care off..

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Abidex35(m): 8:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

Macrobrachium is the culturing of prawns, and yes, they are largely consumed.. Low in calories and fat than chicken yet with much more protein content.. They also contain magnesium (Mg) which is very important for bone development..

For example, on Friday last week, my aunt bought a rubber of prawn (dried) for 6k, and bought same rubber of crayfish for 3k..

Except you don't know prawn, the market value is very high especially in the Southern part of Nigeria, and also other parts of the world (UK, North America, Ireland) etc..

You need to read up about prawn farming, and maybe, run a part time program on it cos trust me, they are very delicate, and dies easily if not properly taken care off..

Wow, this prawn is a real business, and thanks for the analysis, the only downside is the fragility of its life, will read more on it, thanks.

Just curious though, the price difference between the prawn and crayfish; could it be because its sweeter in taste compared to crayfish or because it is available in lesser quantities compared to crayfish?

thanks for doing justice to my question once again
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
Abidex35:

Wow, this prawn is a real business, and thanks for the analysis, the only downside is the fragility of its life, will read more on it, thanks.

Just curious though, the price difference between the prawn and crayfish; could it be because its sweeter in taste compared to crayfish or because it is available in lesser quantities compared to crayfish?

thanks for doing justice to my question once again
I guess it's richer than crayfish, and maybe, it's availability.. Same way the brown beans is more expensive than the white, since it is more nutritious..

You are most welcomed.. Anytime smiley..
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Abidex35(m): 9:03am On Jan 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

I guess it's richer than crayfish, and maybe, it's availability.. Same way the brown beans is more expensive than the white, reasons being it is more nutritious..

You are most welcomed.. Anytime smiley..

U are indeed wonderful, thanks for ur time & insights once again.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:09am On Jan 15, 2016
Abidex35:

U are indeed wonderful, thanks for ur time & insights once again.
Anytime, dear..
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Abidex35(m): 9:24am On Jan 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

Anytime, dear..

thanks, u will hear again from me soonest. it seems you are knowledgeable about agriculture, are u passionate about it and do you own an agro- enterprise?
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:33am On Jan 15, 2016
Abidex35:

thanks, u will hear again from me soonest. it seems you are knowledgeable about agriculture, are u passionate about it and do you own an agro- enterprise?
**smiles**
• I did Agriculture in secondary school..
• I did my IT in an Agricultural institute..
• I did an Animal & Environmental course..

Agriculture is a self employed course, and should be encouraged, rather than the country depending only on crude as a main source of income.. You can see things are going bad already cry..

I don't own an agro-enterprise yet but I hope to someday.. I love fish farming, and feed mill cheesy..
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Abidex35(m): 9:54am On Jan 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

**smiles**
• I did Agriculture in secondary school..
• I did my IT in an Agricultural institute..
• I did an Animal & Environmental course..

Agriculture is a self employed course, and should be encouraged, rather than the country depending only on crude as a main source of income.. You can see things are going bad already cry..

I don't own an agro-enterprise yet but I hope to someday.. I love fish farming, and feed mill cheesy..

Dear, that someday is too far...... start Now, start little, and ur on your way to greatness....

I can see ur have a strong passion for it, and that's d beginning of a strong foundation of any pursuit........ why wait till 'someday', you can leverage d CBN fund which targets 70% women at a low interest of 9% per annum to boost ur agro dream, but start NOW with what u have.

Wouldn't mind partnering with you for some of my (proposed) future agro ventures in d south-south when d time comes towards mid/end of this year.

pls Dear start Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,
U' ve got d passion
U' be for d knowledge/Insights

Then what else is holding you down till 'someday' ?
Don't tell me finance, U can do it!
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:20am On Jan 15, 2016
Abidex35:

Dear, that someday is too far...... start Now, start little, and ur on your way to greatness....

I can see ur have a strong passion for it, and that's d beginning of a strong foundation of any pursuit........ why wait till 'someday', you can leverage d CBN fund which targets 70% women at a low interest of 9% per annum to boost ur agro dream, but start NOW with what u have.

Wouldn't mind partnering with you for some of my (proposed) future agro ventures in d south-south when d time comes towards mid/end of this year.

pls Dear start Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,
U' ve got d passion
U' be for d knowledge/Insights

Then what else is holding you down till 'someday' ?
Don't tell me finance, U can do it!
cheesy cheesy cheesy He woke my spirit.. Nicey cheesy..

Truth is, fish farming needs loads of attention and patience which I lack embarassed.. I remember IT days.. I ran away from feeding and changing the water of the fingerling grin, though, I knew some Markurdi students who fed them even late @ night (10pm)..

Rather than partnering, I would prefer a consulting job wink.. I am lazy grin, and wouldn't want to start what I cannot not finish..
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Abidex35(m): 10:51am On Jan 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

Truth is, fish farming needs loads of attention and patience which I lack embarassed.. I remember IT days.. I ran away from feeding and changing the water of the fingerling grin, though, I knew some Markurdi students who fed them even late @ night (10pm)..

Rather than partnering, I would prefer a consulting job wink.. I am lazy grin, and wouldn't want to start what I cannot not finish..

LOL....U are indeed lazy; I can see u want d easier part of d job.
But ur laziness is a weakness and can limit how far u can achieve ur dream, the question in here is;

Do u recognize it as a weakness and are u ready to overcome it?

Its time to 'Dare' urself to see if u wudnt finish what u started, its a risk , I dare u to take d risk, and once u are able to successfully take it and finish it; u go back home better, smiling at 'accomplished' self as a new 'Jennifer' entrepreneur.

Braze up and DARE UR SELF

I believe In U, but d question is ; do u believe in yourself?

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by MadCow1: 10:53am On Jan 15, 2016
Yommykixz:
Good day my good people!

i seek your assistance in my decision making, what can one possibly do with 1 million naira in Agriculture?

an investment that'll bring a reasonable return in short or long term.

please i want practicable and realistic advises, biko ino won enter 1 chance o.

OP, just bring 150,000 Naira and lets help you invest it in Nairabet.

In 2 months you can make up to another 1 million Naira in Profit.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Energy2015: 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
Agriculture is a goldmine as it relates to the current economic realities.I like you to know that Agric has two aspect to it.You are either a direct farmer or aa merchant.From experience i recommend you start as a merchant.You need to know the secret of success in this Area of Agric which am willing to guide you to invest in. You can get to me on 07082638957 to get a clear picture of how that money can make you a good return on a monthly basis.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Me4sure: 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2016
SEE REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO INVEST TODAY
Let’s talk - Did you know that since 2009, investors from countries outside Africa have been buying and leasing millions of hectares of Nigerian land for agricultural purposes? Many people may not know it but there’s a trend of serious land grabbing by foreign interests for OUR land.
Did you know that Foreign Direct Investment in African agribusiness was $10 billion in 2010 with Nigeria having the highest and is projected to reach $45 billion by 2020? Agriculture is taking a huge leap in Africa and investors want a piece of the action too.
o What are you waiting for?
o Nigerians wake up from your slumber, wake up!
Join Midas Initiative TODAY
INVEST IN OWN A FARM PROJECT
Get over 50% discount for a full farm set up (Ugwu, Cucumber, Green Pepper, Cabbage, hot pepper, Chili pepper, Plantain)
PROMO OFFERS
Set up fee for plot of farm @ N75, 000
Set up 8 plots and get one plot free set up
Set up I hectare and get 2 plots free set up
Set up fee can be paid in 3 times Installments
Plantain intercropped with vegetables@100,000 with 2 year land lease per plot.
BENEFITS
Full farm set up which entails land clearing, ploughing, ridging making, seeds, planting, manure, pest control, weeding)
On a plot of land earn as much as N250,000 income and N3,000,000 on a hectare in one year
One year land lease with Irrigation
9 months management
Opportunity to have Midas Food Mart market and sell your farm produce
Organic farm produce
Earn 10% commission for any referral while making someone’s dream of earning extra income a reality. Busy Executives can have us manage their farms.
Become a member of Midas Initiative farmers’ hub
Attend our quarterly food expos and special events
Have us link you to farmers’ association that will aid your growth in this industrial.
Hurry now while promo last
Other services you can enjoy in Midas Initiative: Organic home garden set up, organic manure, King Humus soil conditioner and fertilizer enhancer, seedlings, farm boots, consulting and mentoring.
08091490783 or 08149449140
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by bakila: 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
Denn:

First, invest the money in a good savings account in a bank, possibly fixed deposit for a month

Then get online... Read.... You need to spend hundreds of hours reading about what people have done in the past... Of note is this agric section of NL. Read iita articles etc.

Then get closer to existing farmers.... They are plenty on NL. There are a lot here offering free and immense education on how it is being done

Then go to organizations like Songhai.... Dig in with your fingers...

Then come back to your fixed deposit and apply.... By then you will know what to do.

Any other approach, and that million is gone... Then you still need to do what I listed...

Simple and short. Longer version of it is since harvest is around the corner, enter the storage business after the one month fixed deposit and wait for five months.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by muhamm3d: 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
360command:
cash crops! Can you wait 10-15years for the cocoa or palm tree to mature before you start seeing your return on investment? Or maybe you meant by advising him to buy pre-existing cocoa farms which during harvest time ,he can be seeing something.

New variety of cocoa matures in 18 months. Do your research before you peddle jargons
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by jbcul4ril(m): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2016
If you have space and can store 100 bags of soya beans at a rate of =N=10,000.00 per bag excluding other logistics, you will gain within 300k to 350k between now and March 2017. Make relevant enquires.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by SIFA(m): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2017
@Sleekshugs, how can one get the pelleting machine you wrote about?
You can reply me via sifanig@gmail.com.

Thank you
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 18, 2017
BIG PEN HOUSE FOR RENT AT OLOSUN AREA CLOSE TO AKALA EXPRESS ...FOR MORE INFO CALL 08020917141.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
BIG PEN HOUSE FOR RENT AT OLOSUN AREA CLOSE TO AKALA EXPRESS..FOR MORE ENQUIRY CALL 08020917141
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 18, 2017
its a shame we dont have good bussines plan from a reliable source,i do tell my friends that the problem of Nigerians is not money but lack of proper money management of lack of proper research and investment.i worked for a telecom company for 10 years and when reccession started i had to live lagos to ibadan to start my own farm i slept in hotels and go to hatcheries and poultry market everyday 70 percent of people doing the bussiness are into it because they heard there money in it and they are loosing why? lack of proper research and trainning. Agric bussiness is a very good bussiness no doubt about it but you must learn the trade and understand the gimmicks before you put your money into it. i finally make a decision and found a good poultry bussiness...and its turkey local,imported and layers they are cool bussines to invest in. but you must learn the trade and know the nitty gritty of it before going into it. but ones you understand the bussiness you will not want to do any other bussiness. the rules is the other way round and out of the whole 36 states in Nigeria its only in ibadan you get turkey fresh from hatchery and fresh from farm. day old turkey is sold for 500 or 600 and from the remainning 35 states in Nigeria they come to ibadan to get day old turkey and growers its a bussines that is under utilized by Nigerians lot and lot more about turkey...but you must learn the trade before you invest you money..thank you
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Chibenze(m): 11:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
Oluwajomiloju20:
its a shame we dont have good bussines plan from a reliable source,i do tell my friends that the problem of Nigerians is not money but lack of proper money management of lack of proper research and investment.i worked for a telecom company for 10 years and when reccession started i had to live lagos to ibadan to start my own farm i slept in hotels and go to hatcheries and poultry market everyday 70 percent of people doing the bussiness are into it because they heard there money in it and they are loosing why? lack of proper research and trainning. Agric bussiness is a very good bussiness no doubt about it but you must learn the trade and understand the gimmicks before you put your money into it. i finally make a decision and found a good poultry bussiness...and its turkey local,imported and layers they are cool bussines to invest in. but you must learn the trade and know the nitty gritty of it before going into it. but ones you understand the bussiness you will not want to do any other bussiness. the rules is the other way round and out of the whole 36 states in Nigeria its only in ibadan you get turkey fresh from hatchery and fresh from farm. day old turkey is sold for 500 or 600 and from the remainning 35 states in Nigeria they come to ibadan to get day old turkey and growers its a bussines that is under utilized by Nigerians lot and lot more about turkey...but you must learn the trade before you invest you money..thank you
nice info am into turkey. currently raising 15 turkey i will use to get turkey poult nd sell at day old.... my major challenge is hatching the eggs. i spend almost 2k to send d egg to a hatchery in imo state frm rivers state nd sometimes just few will hatch nd it will eat up all profit... any advice for me pls can i get ur contact?
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Chibenze(m): 11:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
Sleekyshuga:

hi, we have similar attribute both in state of origin nd also state where u base too. pls i need ur contact.... really dont know why i need it now but i feel it will be useful to me some day. maybe a consultant etc
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
Chibenze:

hi, we have similar attribute both in state of origin nd also state where u base too. pls i need ur contact.... really dont know why i need it now but i feel it will be useful to me some day. maybe a consultant etc
Sorry for the late reply. Do me a PM. We can take it up from there.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by damanjohn: 12:06am On Apr 20, 2017
Just carry your moni go far north buy moringa seed at #500*#550 per kilo

Take it to another location within north central and sell at #1500 per kilo

Get your cash immediately and repeat the system

Smile weekly
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Chibenze(m): 1:19am On Apr 20, 2017
Sleekyshuga:

Sorry for the late reply. Do me a PM. We can take it up from there.
Done
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by 2kris(m): 11:53pm On Aug 10, 2018
360command:
I know many agric graduate, the truth is they do not want to get their hands dirty. Are you in any practical agric business?
yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Earthen Pond Construction. (fish Pond) Pics. / Where To Get Cheap Palm Oil / Practical Farmers Pls Share Ur Bitter Experience, Let Learn From Your Mistakes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.