Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For (7696 Views)

Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) / APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari / APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 1:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
4Play:
Thank God I am a British citizen. The sheer absurdity of Nigeria's political discourse never ceases to amaze.

A manifesto that lists a set of uncosted objectives is an insult to any educated person's intelligence. Promises to build refineries, infrastructure and raise spending as a percentage of GDP are abundant but no word on the costs and how this is to be paid for. And these are educated Nigerians.

Inasmuch as we need to know how these would be funded, no one gives a damn about your "Britainness"

You can read the Conservative party manifesto here: https://www.conservatives.com/~/media/Files/Downloadable%20Files/MANIFESTO%202014/Large%20Print%20Euro%20Manifesto_English.ashx

Labour: http://archive.labour.org.uk/uploads/TheLabourPartyManifesto-2010.pdf

It's always a statement of we will do this!

8 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by 4Play(m): 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2014
chemali:

Inasmuch as we need to know how these would be funded, no one gives a damn about your "Britainness"

You can read the Conservative party manifesto here: https://www.conservatives.com/~/media/Files/Downloadable%20Files/MANIFESTO%202014/Large%20Print%20Euro%20Manifesto_English.ashx

Labour: http://archive.labour.org.uk/uploads/TheLabourPartyManifesto-2010.pdf

It's always a statement of we will do this!

You are not denying that the APC manifesto is uncosted. In response, you have posted a link to the Tory party homepage and the Labour party's 78 pages long detailed and costed manifesto. Can you tell me how either supports your affinity to vacuous political promises?

To even imply that the detailed political discourse we have in the West is no different from the charade you have in Nigeria is beyond comprehension.

Lets take one issue: Can you estimate the costs of free healthcare for all in Nigeria and how we will pay for it. More importantly, why haven't any of the state governors put this in place already?

10 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 19, 2014
4Play:
Thank God I am a British citizen. The sheer absurdity of Nigeria's political discourse never ceases to amaze.

A manifesto that lists a set of uncosted objectives is an insult to any educated person's intelligence. Promises to build refineries, infrastructure and raise spending as a percentage of GDP are abundant but no word on the costs and how this is to be paid for. And these are educated Nigerians.

Thank you!

They don't know the difference between a shopping list and a manifesto

8 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2014
4Play:

You are not denying that the APC manifesto is uncosted. In response, you have posted a link to the Tory party homepage and the Labour party's 78 pages long detailed and costed manifesto. Can you tell me how either supports your affinity to vacuous political promises?

To even imply that the detailed political discourse we have in the West is no different from the charade you have in Nigeria is beyond comprehension.

Lets take one issue: Can you estimate the costs of free healthcare for all in Nigeria and how we will pay for it. More importantly, why haven't any of the state governors put this in place already?

No it wasn't costed. Let me give you an example, the labour manifesto says childcare tax credit will be increased by 4 pounds a week. Where do they intend to get the funds? It's not there!
I agree that it is necessary to know where the funds to implement these will come from but this would come from engagement with these aspirants. However, it is not mandatory that the manifesto include the cost of these. We need to make sure that these are not mere promises but a contract.
To your question, I cannot estimate the cost of free healthcare for all. It would require a detailed analysis. However, iif our culture of waste is handled, we would free up more recurrent expenditure for social investments and capital expenditure. Part of this has been addressed in the manifesto where you have suggestions like banning private and first class travels for government officials.

6 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Curlieweed: 1:50pm On Dec 19, 2014
4Play:

You're wasting your time and frustrating yourself arguing with janjawid.

I just mock them. They're not one bit serious.

7 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 1:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
Curlieweed:

You're wasting your time and frustrating yourself arguing with janjawid.

I just mock them. They're not one bit serious.

Can you please post a link to PDP's manifesto?

4 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by 4Play(m): 1:57pm On Dec 19, 2014
It seems what this benighted paid propagandist called Chemali did is go on google and copy and paste the first things he found.

There is no policy substance to Nigerian politics as people operate purely on sentiments. GEJites hope to win by cobbling together a coalition of Southerners and Middle-Beltans who are afraid of the "Fulani-imperialist" called Buhari. Buharites hope to win by cobbling together Northerners and Yorubas who want to reclaim their "rightful "place at the centre of Naija politics. Overaching this panoply of tribal/regional sentiments is intellectual ignorance with a litany of ignoramuses who subscribe to views and expectations that make no iota of sense. They say people get the leaders they deserve, Nigeria is a classic case.

4 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2014
4Play:
It seems what this benighted paid propagandist called Chemali did is go on google and copy and paste the first things he found.

There is no policy substance to Nigerian politics as people operate purely on sentiments. GEJites hope to win by cobbling together a coalition of Southerners and Middle-Beltans who are afraid of the "Fulani-imperialist" called Buhari. Buharites hope to win by cobbling together Northerners and Yorubas who want to reclaim their "rightful "place at the centre of Naija politics. Overaching this panoply of tribal/regional sentiments is intellectual ignorance with a litany of ignoramuses who subscribe to views and expectations that make no iota of sense. They say people get the leaders they deserve, Nigeria is a classic case.

Lmao @ paid propagandist. There are Nigerians who can't be bought and have a conscience. If that surprises you, you can choose to not give a damn like your jesus christ (GEJ).
APC has come up with a document showing what they intend to achieve and as a true GEJite, you have turned it to a tribalistic contest.

4 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Curlieweed: 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2014
chemali:

Can you please post a link to PDP's manifesto?

Why? Am I a member of PDP?

I'm not voting for PDP, I'll be voting against Buhari.

1 Like

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 2:04pm On Dec 19, 2014
Curlieweed:

Why? Am I a member of PDP?

I'm not voting for PDP, I'll be voting against Buhari.

Ohhh, you are one of the dumb ones in 2011 who quoted the mantra, "I'm not voting PDP, I'm voting Goodluck Jonathan". Suit yourself.

6 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Curlieweed: 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2014
chemali:

Ohhh, you are one of the dumb ones in 2011 who quoted the mantra, "I'm not voting PDP, I'm voting Goodluck Jonathan". Suit yourself.

Dumb or not, it worked. This time we are voting against Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 2:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
Curlieweed:

Dumb or not, it worked. This time we are voting against Buhari.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
chemali:

Lmao @ paid propagandist. There are Nigerians who can't be bought and have a conscience. If that surprises you, you can choose to not give a damn like your jesus christ (GEJ).
APC has come up with a document showing what they intend to achieve and as a true GEJite, you have turned it to a tribalistic contest.

GEJ has a video telling Nigerians what he has done and how he plans to forge ahead. It's a start. Where is that of Buhari? He has been running for election for 12 years now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfbHD2R65S0

6 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Curlieweed: 2:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
chemali:

Goodluck

Until 2019

1 Like

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
Wow what a manifesto but we are tired of words without action especially from PDP politicians and their recycle counterparts APC politicians
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 2:12pm On Dec 19, 2014
mikeansy:

GEJ has a video telling Nigerians what he has done and how he plans to forge ahead

Good. In 2011, he made a litany of promises. People had to google, read newspapers etc to come up with a comprehensive list. I would appreciate a document, in form of a detailed manifesto, we could hold him to. It should be clear the standards we are holding him to because the past four years has been progressive disappointment.

1 Like

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by aresa: 2:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
mikeansy:
When will your Presidential candidate defend and talk about this manifesto live on TV?

No one has time to read a long book

It's the digital age, Buhari should announce his manifesto himself

That's the price of running for election in the digital age

The fact that you and or some people are too lazy to read basic English words doesn't mean the rest of us are like you.

Btw, apart from going on national TV to lie and tell Nigerians that stealing is not corruption and that corruption doesn't exist in Nigeria and it's only our perception, when was the last time your president took his manifesto to the TV.?

Your crooked, corrupt and worthless oga need to go on TV and tell Nigerians what happened to our $10 billion and the just missing $1 billion... There's a lot he can do on TV in this digital age..

3 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
Wow what a manifesto but we are tired of words without action especially from PDP politicians and their recycle counterparts APC politicians

We are tired of words, true! 15 years of words from PDP but very little or no progress. We are hearing words from an alternative; let's give them a chance. If they fail to turn their words into action, an alternative will be voted in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2014
chemali:

Good. In 2011, he made a litany of promises. People had to google, read newspapers etc to come up with a comprehensive list. I would appreciate a document, in form of a detailed manifesto, we could hold him to. It should be clear the standards we are holding him to because the past four years has been progressive disappointment.

Let's stop using the word manifesto

No one has one

They just have wish lists.

1 Like

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by aresa: 2:22pm On Dec 19, 2014
mikeansy:

GEJ has a video telling Nigerians what he has done and how he plans to forge ahead. It's a start. Where is that of Buhari? He has been running for election for 12 years now.

You call spewing garbage and worthless political platitudes manifesto?

You are here asking for detailed manifesto from #GMB15, but all you managed to produce for Jonadumb is some pointless and redundant video...

Your pointlessness and hypocrisy no get part 2 I swear... grin
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 2:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
mikeansy:

Let's stop using the word manifesto

No one has one

They just have wish lists.

On this thread, I have posted the APC manifesto which has similarities to the Labour and Conservative parties manifestos posted here in terms of structure. 4 years from now, we would look back and say what's this party about and what did they do. PDP doesn't have one!
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 2:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
aresa:

You call spewing garbage and worthless political platitudes manifesto?

You are here asking for detailed manifesto from #GMB15, but all you managed to produce for Jonadumb is some pointless and redundant video...

Your pointlessness and hypocrisy no get part 2 I swear... grin

I'm assuming you quoted the wrong person.
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:25pm On Dec 19, 2014
chemali:

We are tired of words, true! 15 years of words from PDP but very little or no progress. We are hearing words from an alternative; let's give them a chance. If they fail to turn their words into action, an alternative will be voted in 2019.
We need change yes but not with this recycled men apart from Buhari, Tinubu and few members of APC others which are majority are former PDP members who help destroy this nation under PDP and the same set of men will fill the cabinet of Buhari government if he wins so I have lost hope of expecting the real change we desire
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by aresa: 2:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
chemali:

I'm assuming you quoted the wrong person.

I sure did. My apologies..

Edited..
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 2:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
We need change yes but not with this recycled men apart from Buhari, Tinubu and few members of APC others which are majority are former PDP members who help destroy this nation under PDP and the same set of men will fill the cabinet of Buhari government if he wins so I have lost hope of expecting the real change we desire

So you feel we need change? Good. Is staying with PDP for 20 years by 2019 change? No! Is moving to APC for the next 4 years change? Yes. Is Osibanjo change? Yes. Is Namadi Sambo change? No. Is Buhari change? Yes! Is Goodluck Jonathan who has been in the presidency for 8 years change? No! If you need change, then you should vote APC.
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by aresa: 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2014
MANIFESTO of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP)

OUR MANIFESTO’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES

We of the Peoples Democratic party of Nigeria,

Conscious Of;

Our historic mission to build a modern democratic state founded on Justice, Equity and Fair play.

Realizing the need to;

i. Make fundamental break with past mistakes in order to realize the optimum potentials of the Country;ii.

iii. Build a qualitatively better society based on the principles of democracy, human rights and social justice under the rule of law;

Committed to;

i. Restructuring Nigeria in the spirit of true federalism and responsible tiers of government, so as to achieve a just and equitable society;

ii. Resolving such fundamental issues as proper devolution of powers between the three tiers of government;

Covenant as follows:

How far with this lie and rubbish talk

A party that disobeys the courts, harass and lock up opposition, shut down and trampled on the media is talking about justice, Equity and Fair play.

Manifesto and reality doesn't match..
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by gratiaeo(m): 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2014
Absolutely rubbish!!!
This look more like a beer parlor gossip
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by aresa: 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2014
1. The Indivisibility of the Nigerian Polity

i. We affirm our belief in the unity of Nigeria under the Federal System of Government. We shall, therefore, continuously promote political tolerance, accommodation and compromise, religious harmony, as well as inter-ethnic and intra-ethnic accommodation and co-operation.

ii. The Party shall also promote geo-political balancing as a fundamental principle of power sharing in the country, in line with the principle of federal character.

iii. The Party shall uphold the principle of power rotation in our polity at all levels.

But the same power was diverted and never reached the SE and wont in a long long time... PDP magic... grin

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
chemali:

So you feel we need change? Good. Is staying with PDP for 20 years by 2019 change? No! Is moving to APC for the next 4 years change? Yes. Is Osibanjo change? Yes. Is Namadi Sambo change? No. Is Buhari change? Yes! Is Goodluck Jonathan who has been in the presidency for 8 years change? No! If you need change, then you should vote APC.
Yes they are change but how are we sure their kind of change is not only about the people and party in power but real progressive change
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
aresa:
MANIFESTO of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP)

OUR MANIFESTO’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES

We of the Peoples Democratic party of Nigeria,

Conscious Of;

Our historic mission to build a modern democratic state founded on Justice, Equity and Fair play.

Realizing the need to;

How far with this lie and rubbish talk

A party that disobeys the courts, harass and lock up opposition, shut down and trampled on the media is talking about justice, Equity and Fair play.

When I came across the link showing this PDP 'manifesto', I was shocked. Apart from not being in consonance with the reality of the party, is this what the largest party in Africa could come up with? Mediocres!
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Morkavictor: 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
Copy and paste.
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Blazinraj01(f): 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2014
4Play:

I live in Osun State and I'm aware the government runs free primary healthcare here. This can serve as a guide for the remaining 35 states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Collected N240m From Dasuki? Nigerians React On Twitter / Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers / You'll Never Kill Rat Again After Seeing This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.