Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion (18869 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion / Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by peterphd(m): 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
Zikdik:

Check your mail. Those are my favourites.
I'm sorry man, I didn't get any mail.
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Horlufemi(m): 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
Jesus hates religion. There is a big deference between true Christianity and Christian religion. Religion never changes the heart and names you put unimportant things as paramount. My dear atheist have you ever asked yourself why you are here. Your life has a purpose. God is love. He's not the one who burns you if you don't serve him. He is the intelligent designer. Don't you see his hand in all of creation. You're mind is the work of his hands. Atheists are people who are let down by religion. They searched for the truth and gave up. All I can say is that have the mind of a child and you will find God (Jehovah in everything) he loves you. You will find him like I found him. Pastors don't even know him. Science can lead you. Love will lead you. He is. He is love. The I am that I am. Think about it.
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by wirinet(m): 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
Vicel:
Hi all, I am interested in Dis argument going on here.

Let me declare my stand first I believe in d existence of God, his power, his will n glory.
It is good you declared your stance, but let me ask, how did you come to this belief? How did you know it was a him, and not a she or a it - with beard and a long john? and what is his will and glory?

To d atheist is one thing to believe n is another to disbelieve. There is freedom of Religion n a choice to accept if u want to be religious or not.
Since u don't believe in God allow does dat believe to continue in dere faith pls.

First, we are all atheists in one way or the other, it is just that the atheist believe in one less God than a theist. An average theist disbelieve all the other thousands of Gods and believe in one. Like the Muslims say "there is no other God - but Allah". Remove Allah and he would be a full atheist.

It is theists that infringes on the freedom of worship of others. They insult and abuse all others who do not hold their beliefs. So if theists leave atheist alone, atheist would also not disturbs theists.

You all claim u don't believe in God n he does not exist, Now Dis ur argument begs a question, logically it can be inferred dat since God does not exist n we re in a world or to be more since inclined a Universe dat is filled with creatures n form DAT is only possible to cum to being without a super intelligent Creator.
Your argument does not hold water because you would also need to explain whence came your super intelligent creature.

Pls Atheists tell us ur own believe abt d way u think d universe came into being.
Is either u re a Creationist or an Evolutionist. U can't just dispute any fact without concrete reason, we re in d information Age maybe u have read sumtin from sumwere DAT is making u disbelieve in God u have thought abt it succinctly n cum to a conclusion of not believing.
Most atheist would tell you they have no idea of how the universe came into being. Creationists and evolutionists cannot explain how the universe came into being. Creationist just speculate that a super powerful human being created it, without any further explanation and evolutionists are not concerned with how the universe came into being.

I have been fascinated abt Spirituality for long n I ve read a lot of tins u atheist claim BT it is more confusing compared to d believe in God as a creator.

You are far more confused than the atheist. Please explain what is a 'God' and what are its origins and how it works. how does it create?

I knw of d big bang, d nebular theory, d story of d Sumerians n Mayans abt anunaki as d creator of d humans, So anything u think u have to say beta back it up well. I am studying Geology n humanity is a ting of serious interest to me.

Good you know the big bang theory and why it was postulated by Edwin Hubble. which one is nebular theory again - please explain. Every society has its own myth about creation, so the sumerians are no exeption.

It is good we are studying Geology, at least it should make you ask some questions about some religious dogma. So according to you, what is the geological age of the earth?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Cvesta(m): 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
[quote
author=Zikdik post=29044920]
The book is about about overpopulation and the powers that be. A real
eye opener. I've got a PDF format of it if you care.[/quote]
i need am bros
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Vicel: 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
DaPhilosopher:

lols! I bet you only did phil as GNS/GST!!!!! Anaxemenes a contemporary philosopher? He was an ancient Greek philosopher (one of the Ionians/Miletians) who lived many years before Socrates and he said 'FISH' not apes! Pls oooo don't quote a philosopher if you are not sure.

Mr I knw it all..
My course of study should have told u it was a GENS for me, After all it didn't differ much 4rm ur view new tell me Hw does Dis ur contribution help u atheists not to believe in d supremacy of God?
As of d issue of Anaximenes is been long I did DAT course so I can really argue BT I remember a tin or two abt him who said " The primary substance of d universe is Air".

Thank u
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
Rendezvou:
Because they are not 100% sure atheism is the right choice. So they always seek evidences to justify their disbelieve in order to appease their troubled minds.

The same line of argument can be used for theism. You really want to believe that your religion/doctrine is the right one. So you appease your troubled minds by screaming it into our ears, and repeating it over and over to yourselves until your delusions calm you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Zikdik(m): 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
NigellusHosan:

so your saying that book converted u..
Shiit....u lack hometraining
Are you kidding? A 2013 book?
Wonders abound. Where did I imply that in my post? I became an atheist some five years ago without reading anything. Reading a book and swallowing it without reasoning and common sense..theists have a monopoly on that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Vicel: 2:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
wirinet:

It is good you declared your stance, but let me ask, how did you come to this belief? How did you know it was a him, and not a she or a it - with beard and a long john? and what is his will and glory?

First, we are all atheists in one way or the other, it is just that the atheist believe in one less God than a theist. An average theist disbelieve all the other thousands of Gods and believe in one. Like the Muslims say "there is no other God - but Allah". Remove Allah and he would be a full atheist.

It is theists that infringes on the freedom of worship of others. They insult and abuse all others who do not hold their beliefs. So if theists leave atheist alone, atheist would also not disturbs theists.

Your argument does not hold water because you would also need to explain whence came your super intelligent creature.

Most atheist would tell you they have no idea of how the universe came into being. Creationists and evolutionists cannot explain how the universe came into being. Creationist just speculate that a super powerful human being created it, without any further explanation and evolutionists are not concerned with how the universe came into being.

You are far more confused than the atheist. Please explain what is a 'God' and what are its origins and how it works. how does it create?

Good you know the big bang theory and why it was postulated by Edwin Hubble. which one is nebular theory again - please explain. Every society has its own myth about creation, so the sumerians are no exeption.

It is good we are studying Geology, at least it should make you ask some questions about some religious dogma. So according to you, what is the geological age of the earth?

The nebular theory was proposed by Emmanuel Kant in 1756 n modified by Pierre Laplace in 1796. d date might differ a bit coz I am not making double a sure of my prior knowledge of it by researching b4 posting. A nebular is a great cloud of dust n gas. its a bit complex I learnt DAT abt 3yrs ago so I don't wanna go into explanation of d way it was said to ve occurred BT is sumtin pertaining spinning gas n dust d initial perturbation was assumed to be from spiral galaxy or a supernova blast d dust now started collapsing due to gravity n angular momentum as dey spin to condense at d centre so as it collapsed it formed a bulge at d centre, in a pancake like due to gas pressure n competing force of gravity n rotation. den protosun n protoplanet emerged due to condensation of local regions.

According to geology d age of d earth is abt 4.6billion years. I knw wot u re driving at u wan compare it with d age of creation according to d bible which 6000years gud. I am not a bible scholar so I can't back DAT fact up bcoz even my course of study disproves DAT I ve seen fossils of d Permian period wic are abt 245million years n have dated dem chronologically n seen dey re true from d series of dere deposition in sedimentary rocks. So I don't believe wit DAT Age aspect BT Christians do have a way of backing it up, "A thousand years is like a day in God place".

I don't want yo sound irrational data why I declared my stand initially in d matter.

I ve sought 4 Dis knowledge dat is pushing u all. D truth is knowledge is Endless BT is ur choice to live in d light of tins u get out of ur research. I an Adherent of GM BT also a christian n if u ve read abt ' In d light of the truth' u will knw I don't have any problem with atheists.

So no one should take wot I say personal thank u
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Ultimate001: 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
EvilBrain1:
Why don't they just leave religion alone to grow and spread? What exactly is their problem?
it's simply because they are jealous, missing, left out of the (ideal) trend and so, want to feel among or seek sm attention. Dn't mind dem; always ignore dem. It still baffles me hw a mortal can b so mentally bankrupt to d extent of saying there is no God. "only d fool thinks in his heart that there's no God". My prayer: may the good Lord (that created them) whom they've been despising show them mercy- Amen. Happy Sunday!
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by rafmike(m): 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
U guys kept talkin about atheists, wat about agnostics? Wats their difference?
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by dabossman(m): 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
Sorry don't have time to talk about atheist. Too busy basking in the presence of my God. Every man can believe whatever they want. It's a free world and we have been given free will.
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Tijay90(m): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
A religious bigot puts up a topic,so i can come down to his/level of stupidity...lol...pathetic loser.
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
cold:

If there is a heaven,unfortunately there isn't. I can guarantee you i'll get there long before your case even gets any consideration.
we will rejoice to see you there!!
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
NoContract:

I pity your deluded mind. Common bible wey niggas dey take wrap claro for Obalende.
and what achievement is it to wrap?
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by chubbypearl(f): 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Zikdik:

The book is about about overpopulation and the powers that be. A real eye opener. I've got a PDF format of it if you care.
I do,please.my email-miss.winniegeorge@gmail.com
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by mickeyenglish(m): 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
Zikdik:

Done.
can u also help me out with d book, pls! @ Senaikepooldis@yahoo.com...tanx a lot!
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
natureblack:
see who resorted to scurrility.......the child of God who advocates for love.

Same way you resorted to insult to drive your point is akin to your muslim fellows up north that resorts to violence and killing to push a point......

Now you see why am an atheist undecided
yeah it was intentional, I wanted to drive my point the hardway to get your points or excuse. I accept my flaws and I'm really sorry for that(I admit).
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
Horlufemi:
Jesus hates religion. There is a big deference between true Christianity and Christian religion. Religion never changes the heart and names you put unimportant things as paramount. My dear atheist have you ever asked yourself why you are here. Your life has a purpose. God is love. He's not the one who burns you if you don't serve him. He is the intelligent designer. Don't you see his hand in all of creation. You're mind is the work of his hands. Atheists are people who are let down by religion. They searched for the truth and gave up. All I can say is that have the mind of a child and you will find God (Jehovah in everything) he loves you. You will find him like I found him. Pastors don't even know him. Science can lead you. Love will lead you. He is. He is love. The I am that I am. Think about it.
nice one brother!!you are in the spirit!we roll in the same boat. my prayer is for God to touch the hearts of hardened men, our work is to announce the good news.
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by MarieSucre(f): 4:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
danjumakolo:
I have met staunch atheists on internet...people like Angela Martin,ask an atheist,invisible diety and so on..

It's like they sit 247 on the computer trying to lure the week minded...They are never tired of arguing,but whence they find out u knw much about their stupidity and mental blockage,they stop arguing.

Their main defense is science but they have refused to know that it was God that gave us scientific knowledge in order to explore the world.
There is something seriously wrong with that last line. God gave us science to explore the world but all science keeps doing is cast doubt on God's existence. Christianity tells us God created Adam and made eve from his rib. science posits the big bang started some chemical reaction that begun the process of evolution and that double xx chromosomes which forms the female foetus came first not the xy chromosome. islam says allah swt has seven heavens but astrologers have been searching the heavens for them and recently astronomers have visited space and sent back pictures of endless and endless nothing; of course if you count the stars, asteroids and distant galaxies. but then what does a young girl just out of her teens know... Allah knows best. *sips water as i read Thomas Hardy's Nature Questioning. astaghfirullah.
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
MarieSucre:
There is something seriously wrong with that last line. God gave us science to explore the world but all science keeps doing is cast doubt on God's existence. Christianity tells us God created Adam and made eve from his rib. science posits the big bang started some chemical reaction that begun the process of evolution and that double xx chromosomes which forms the female foetus came first not the xy chromosome. islam says allah swt has seven heavens but astrologers have been searching the heavens for them and recently astronomers have visited space and sent back pictures of endless and endless nothing; of course if you count the stars, asteroids and distant galaxies. but then what does a young girl just out of her teens know... Allah knows best. *sips water as i read Thomas Hardy's Nature Questioning. astaghfirullah.

Guy,science have not even gotten to 0.00000001% of the first haven...It is far above their imagination.

God gave us tips in the Quran about the heavens and the earth.He also told us about big bang theory...care to know?
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by MarieSucre(f): 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
danjumakolo:

Guy,science have not even gotten to 0.00000001% of the first haven...It is far above their imagination.

God gave us tips in the Quran about the heavens and the earth.He also told us about big bang theory...care to know?
I'm a girl. i would really like to know why God gave such comflicting revelations to different regions of our populace? Does he get off seeing us antagonise and kill each other.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
MarieSucre:
I'm a girl. i would really like to know why God gave such comflicting revelations to different regions of our populace? Does he get off seeing us antagonise and kill each other.

Ahaaa! I can now see u are coming from the atheist,agnoist point of view...This is the national anthem of the atheists..that why will God allow us kill ourselves or why will God watch when innocent ppl are killed...
Babe,God is not human,he is an infinite,immaterial,omnipresent,omnipotent being who does not reason like u and me...he created us only for the purpose of worship..but then he made the laws here the way they are allow us reason btw right and wrong from the free will he gave us...but know that there is a day of reckony..
Hitler gassed six million jews..so are u saying hitler is dead and gone?and he won't be judged one day?

If u are here in this world by accident,me I am not ooo,I am here for a purpose...See the moment u don't believe there is God,u can't move an inch,that's y most Islamic scholars call atheist moving zombies
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by natureblack(m): 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
shadowgwalker:
yeah it was intentional, I wanted to drive my point the hardway to get your points or excuse. I accept my flaws and I'm really sorry for that(I admit).
driving points the hardway is part of the problems in the middle-east.........

Nonetheless,the moment you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,you would understand why I dismiss yours.

By the way,hope your weekend is blazing smiley smiley
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Weah96: 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
danjumakolo:

The same Quran that Boko Haram uses today as the primary motivation for all their murderous rampage, right? What you're saying is that God anticipated that Boko Haram would someday use his recorded instructions as a reason to murder babies and decided that it was necessary to proceed with the dictation anyway. Does that make sense to you? Is this a game?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
natureblack:
driving points the hardway is part of the problems in the middle-east.........

Nonetheless,the moment you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,you would understand why I dismiss yours.

By the way,hope your weekend is blazing smiley smiley
oh yes thanks!my weekend is seksier than my ex!

about the problem in the middle east, that's true... a forceful religion.
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
Weah96:

The same Quran that Boko Haram uses today as the primary motivation for all their murderous rampage, right? What you're saying is that God anticipated that Boko Haram would someday use his recorded instructions as a reason to murder babies and decided that it was necessary to proceed with the dictation anyway. Does that make sense to you? Is this a game?

Hey don't talk like a pervert..BH are group or bunch of senseless beings whose motive is to walk on air...

The virtues of the Quran is far away from their claim.Have u for once sat and again sat back to marvel at a book that said if u kill a soul,is as if u killed the entire mankind?Well if no,then u need to examine yourself.

Guy,all the verses regarding jihad or killing in quran were during the early stages of Islam which was on constant persecution,killing and hatred by the Quraysh tribe who were idol worshippers..

Good Evening
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Weah96: 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
danjumakolo:

Hey don't talk like a pervert..BH are group or bunch of senseless beings whose motive is to walk on air...

The virtues of the Quran is far away from their claim.Have u for once sat and again sat back to marvel at a book that said if u kill a soul,is as if u killed the entire mankind?Well if no,then u need to examine yourself.

Guy,all the verses regarding jihad or killing in quran were during the early stages of Islam which was on constant persecution,killing and hatred by the Quraysh tribe who were idol worshippers..

Good Evening

So why not remove the parts where Allah instructs his followers to kill people who disagree with them?
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
Weah96:

So why not remove the parts where Allah instructs his followers to kill people who disagree with them?

No quran isn't like that...I am sorry if I hurt u
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
DaPhilosopher:

Are u saying nature is God or God is nature? Have u hrd of 'Pantheism'? There are theories on natute and God being one and separate. Don't be hasty in saying they are one cos the consequence may be bad.

just shut d fvck up...
U quoted me for this..
Don't u give up..do u think i'm unemployed..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
Zikdik:

Are you kidding? A 2013 book?
Wonders abound. Where did I imply that in my post? I became an atheist some five years ago without reading anything. Reading a book and swallowing it without reasoning and common sense..theists have a monopoly on that.

gbenu awon oponu..
So u woke up one morning n found out God doesn't exist..
Look at ur life properly..i pity ur state...
I even thought u were not trained properly now i know u were not trained at all..
Didirin
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Vicel: 7:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
NigellusHosan:

just shut d fvck up...
U quoted me for this..
Don't u give up..do u think i'm unemployed..

Did Colophon Xenophane disbelieve in God Pantheism is simply d believe in nature at least is also considered Theistic since it holds a believe in nature.

Da philosopher pls learn how to correct pple without making dem feel bad. Watching ya
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Zikdik(m): 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
NigellusHosan:

gbenu awon oponu..
So u woke up one morning n found out God doesn't exist..
Look at ur life properly..i pity ur state...
I even thought u were not trained properly now i know u were not trained at all..
Didirin
OK. Bye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend / Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes / Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.