Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night (3822 Views)

Whatsapp Is About To BAN Millions Of Users / Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by baseg25(m): 3:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
Instagram have begun to delete accounts on the service that they believe are posting spam. They announced their plans to clean up the social media service about a week ago after beating Twitter with 300 million active users.
Next time you log into Instagram, you may notice your follower numbers have taken a hit.
Instagram is clamping down on fake or bot , inactive and spam accounts by completely removing them from the service.
The Facebook-owned app announced the plans earlier this year, and began purging the unwanted accounts last night..
The web developer Zach Allia created an infographic outlining the damage to Instagram’s 100 most popular accounts, and celebrities have clearly been hit hardest.
The Instagram’s spam purge reveals high-profile accounts with fake followers. Justin Bieber’s Instagram fan base plummeted by 3.5 million fans in the past 24 hours. Akon’s follower count dropped to 1.9 million from 4.3 million.

The funniest part is that , Rapper Mase dropped to 100,000 followers from 1.6 million in a matter of 20 minutes. he believe he had just lost so many followers he decided to delete his account entirely.

nstagram’s own account lost the most followers, probably at least in part because of all the people who angrily unfollowed in protest, according to the Verge. And we don’t know who chiragchirag78 is—that account no longer exists and lost 99.9% of its followers. But most of the others on the top 20 chart are celebrities.

Justin Bieber and the Kardashians are among the biggest losers of the Instagram Rapture..

Josh “The Fat Jew” Ostrovsky, a popular Instagrammer with 2.2 million followers, describe this bloodbath hilarious. “This should be a national holiday,” he added. “We all know who bought followers, so today just corroborated everyone’s suspicions. So many people losing their followers, watching their digital worlds crumble. Today is so fun.”
Ben Baller, a jeweler to the stars, has also been relishing in the #InstagramRapture. He’s been calling users out publicly on Twitter, where he has nearly 500,000 followers.
Businesss insider also re[port that , Not everyone shares his enthusiasm.
Thousands of people have been flooding the comments on Instagram’s official account begging the service to reinstate their previous follower numbers.
My advice for everyone one is to build your followers and shun any form of fake followers or bot..
I think this is a good move by instagram , and i hope twitter also do something like this , let join hands together to keep the social media clean.

what do you think?.

visit the source to check the list of TOP INSTAGRAM USERS WHO LOST THE MOST FOLLOWERS OF THE WEEK
source : http://techcribng.com/instagram-rapture-deletes-millions-of-accounts-in-one-night/

1 Like

Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by CrazyScientist: 3:04pm On Dec 20, 2014
grin chisos!!! grin. Oga seun, please front page grin

I escaped the rapture cry grin off to check our naija celebs... grin

MODIFIED: Wizkid dropped to 45,000 grin

Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by alberto2k(m): 3:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
that awkward moment when u find out maheeda's intagram acc got deleted too

Ahh! Shoki!! grin

4 Likes

Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by CrazyScientist: 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2014
alberto2k:
that awkward moment when u find out maheeda intagram acc got deleted too

Ahh! Shoki!! grin

grin yes ooo! #scientists don't dance shoki.

2 Likes

Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by baseg25(m): 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2014
CrazyScientist:

if it make the front page , i will share testimony in church tomorrow. lol..
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by orlaryhincah(m): 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
CrazyScientist:

Fake. Account
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by CrazyScientist: 3:31pm On Dec 20, 2014
orlaryhincah:

Fake. Account

Oh nah nah!
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by baseg25(m): 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2014
CrazyScientist:

Oh nah nah!
what is your name, lol.
shun fake followers now.
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by omobone(m): 4:45pm On Dec 20, 2014
Wow
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by baseg25(m): 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
omobone:
Wow
that is it o.
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by dazekid(m): 5:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
Lol, the drop for some people was absolutely crazy, one chick that I follow that is always forming model went from 10k to about 2200... FUTA babe wey I sabi wey no too popular like that o(always wondered how she got 10k but I assumed it was the "girl power" working) now I am even surprised that she even has 2k that are legit.
on another note, my followers went from 1.2k to 1.1k (lost about 60 followers) and on doing some inspection I came to notice that some of my friends that just joined instagram, had like 1k following and 25 followers without any posts are gone now. SO IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU JUST SIGNED UP ON INSTAGRAM TO LOOK AT PICS WITHOUT POSTING, GO AND CHECK IF YOU CAN LOG IN O COZ YOU MIGHT HAVE BECOME LOST YOURSELF...
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by Promking: 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2014
Operation sanitize the internet
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2014
lol, i noticed, they also changed from maybe writing 1507 followers to 1.5K

1 Like

Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by freezyprinzy(m): 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
ok
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by macklef(m): 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
Hmmm, so my acount i created since 2011 which i have not opened since d following week

Has been deleted is that. Ok.
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by seguntheblogger: 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2014
dazekid:
Lol, the drop for some people was absolutely crazy, one chick that I follow that is always forming model went from 10k to about 2200... FUTA babe wey I sabi wey no too popular like that o(always wondered how she got 10k but I assumed it was the "girl power" working) now I am even surprised that she even has 2k that are legit.
on another note, my followers went from 1.2k to 1.1k (lost about 60 followers) and on doing some inspection I came to notice that some of my friends that just joined instagram, had like 1k following and 25 followers without any posts are gone now. SO IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU JUST SIGNED UP ON INSTAGRAM TO LOOK AT PICS WITHOUT POSTING, GO AND CHECK IF YOU CAN LOG IN O COZ YOU MIGHT HAVE BECOME LOST YOURSELF...
un, u have a point.
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by dazekid(m): 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2014
deejayharry1:
lol, i noticed, they also changed from maybe writing 1507 followers to 1.5K

Exactly

macklef:
Hmmm, so my acount i created since 2011 which i have not opened since d following week
Has been deleted is that. Ok.

Most likely but you can still try it sha... Seriously doubt it will work though.
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
this is very good grin
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by telim: 9:34pm On Dec 20, 2014
These is a welcome development, histagram account with huge inorganic followers must pay heavily, most of the accounts deleted are in active or fake accounts created by bots for spamming and the reduction in histagram followers in member accounts is as a result of violating histagram terms and conditiion, by using bot to increase the number of their followers, Most histagram members with huge followers often boost the number of their followers using illegal means which is common with celebrities. Celebrities use the huge followers to boost their ego.
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by bosun11(m): 9:51pm On Dec 20, 2014
nice development..hopefully twitter can do likewise
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by shogz89: 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
Me way still dey pray for hundred followers,, make I see how many remain now
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by seguntheblogger: 10:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
shogz89:
Me way still dey pray for hundred followers,, make I see how many remain now
maybe 2.
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 20, 2014
I escaped with a reduction in the numbers of my followers.
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by CrazyScientist: 11:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
Samklef now has 17 followers grin lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by donstevico(m): 11:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
nawaoo
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by Dahkogrin007(m): 11:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
Oya front page jare...

I still v my zero followers jor
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by TheRealCoolHunK: 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2014
CrazyScientist:

From?
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by moneymaker24(m): 12:27am On Dec 21, 2014
I haven't logged into my account for close to a year now.

Make I rush download d app n log in to see if i ve been raptured or not.
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by Nastydroid(m): 1:04am On Dec 21, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by wheesin(m): 1:44am On Dec 21, 2014
undecided eyah....
Re: Instagram Rapture” Deletes Millions Of Accounts In One Night by Shigoboy(m): 6:26am On Dec 21, 2014
Ko k'aiye... cheesy its instagram not Nairaland, so I don't bloody care

(1) (2) (Reply)

A New Scam In Town That Targets Your Bank Account / How To Get Verified With A Green Badge On Whatsapp / Ten (10) Most Cheapest Android Phones You Can Buy On Jumia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.