Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Who Becomes The President When The Elected President Dies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Becomes The President When The Elected President Dies (1080 Views)

Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate / Which People Or Zone Will Produce The Next President When Buhari Is Done / How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Becomes The President When The Elected President Dies by mavelo: 6:35pm On Dec 20, 2014
Please can someone tell me who becomes the next president if the presidential flag bearer dies before or after the election(i.e before the swearing-in) and his party assuming APC wins the election, because that of PDP(incumbent) is clear on who becomes the president.
Re: Who Becomes The President When The Elected President Dies by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 20, 2014
mavelo:
Please can someone tell me who becomes the next president if the presidential flag bearer dies before or after the election(i.e before the swearing-in) and his party assuming APC wins the election, because that of PDP(incumbent) is clear on who becomes the president.
The Vice President elect will become the President. It happened in Brazil in 1985 when President-elect Tancredo Neves took ill before his swearing in. José Sarney was sworn in as acting President and later, President when Neves died. I think Nigerian electoral law also allows for the postponement of the election if one candidate dies before the election to enable his party select a replacement. But hopefully no one will die before May 29 2015. We don't need all the hullabaloo that Yar' Adua's death threw up.
Re: Who Becomes The President When The Elected President Dies by mavelo: 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2014
kITATITA:

The Vice President elect will become the President. It happened in Brazil in 1985 when President-elect Tancredo Neves took ill before his swearing in. José Sarney was sworn in as acting President and later, President when Neves died. I think Nigerian electoral law also allows for the postponement of the election if one candidate dies before the election to enable his party select a replacement. But hopefully no one will die before May 29 2015. We don't need all the hullabaloo that Yar' Adua's death threw up.

Amen!!! Thks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

GOODLUCK (phd), We Know! BUHARI, Where Art Thy CERTIFICATES? / Buhari Pull Over: The.music Video / Ribadu Defends Okonjo-iwela Over Alleged missing 30trn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.