Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) - Agriculture (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) (168630 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:16am On Mar 14, 2020
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:37am On Mar 15, 2020
There is no doubt in the fact that our population is growing at a geometric rate creating a huge gap and opportunity for agropreneurs to produce more food and create wealth in the process.
Nigeria will be the third largest population in the world by 2030 lying behind China and India estimated to be about 300 million in numbers.

Looking at the current situation of agric sector in sub Saharan africa,nigeria inclusive
There is no doubt that Nigeria being the most populous nation in Africa, blessed with millions of hectares of land, yet we produced less than what our population can consumed; by about 80% small scale farmers.
Guess what,most of the "less" food produced by this small scale farmers never reach the final consumer
Most are lost due to lack of access to market,poor logistics,poor storage etc

According to Rockefeller foundation,

40% of tuber crop are wasted
25% staple foods and
20% vegetables doesn't get to the final consumers
Most of their efforts are wasted.
Imagine billions of dollar worth of foods lost on the Africa farm that doesnot even get to the market!

We might even reduce hunger for the millions of people who are victims and greatly improve food security

This should tell you that there is money in food marketing and as a prospective farmer/agropreneur,you should take marketing serious so that you don't lose your revenue on the farm.

When starting your farm business,how to see and market should take 80% of your time and 20% takes decision/work on how to produce.
Fortunately, you might not have to worry much about market as you have access to market when you purchase your farmland on our farm estate and join other agropreneurs to feed the nation.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:21am On Mar 16, 2020
Take massive action for your dream
That's the only guaranteed way to move from the level you are now to the next level

Good morning
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2020
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by johnnyn1(m): 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2020
I need hybrid plaintain and banana suckers .. how can you help?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2020
johnnyn1:
I need hybrid plaintain and banana suckers .. how can you help?
kindly call.or.WhatsApp +2348164628081
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:37am On Mar 20, 2020
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by soundforce: 7:10pm On Mar 23, 2020
@legsupnigeria, are you a plantain farmer? You're mainly sharing links n marketing plantain suckers. Kindly share clear info on the topic.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:11am On Mar 24, 2020
soundforce:
@legsupnigeria, are you a plantain farmer? You're mainly sharing links n marketing plantain suckers. Kindly share clear info on the topic.
You can check through all his former info on the topic.
Thanks
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2020
Stay safe

Practice social distancing

Regularly wash your hands and regularly use sanitiser
Be vigilant and continue to produce food

This is the best time to be a farmer

Demand is rising and we continue to hit the roof within the next 1 and half years

Don't miss this opportunity
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2020
Please, what is the cost of starting plantain farming on a hectare of land sir and what is the expected profit. Thanks in advance.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:37pm On Mar 26, 2020
Phoenix20:
Please, what is the cost of starting plantain farming on a hectare of land sir and what is the expected profit. Thanks in advance.
Cost differs from location to location
Nevertheless,you can get in touch on +234816462808 for guidance
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:28am On Mar 27, 2020
if we did not farm because of Fulani, who will do it for us
does it mean we will all go hungry?
of course there are many states where these challenges are prevalent, but that should not discourage you from growing your food and making money.
There are many things you can do to put that in check.
I will give little tips to follow if you want to start farming.
1. if you want to farm, make sure you have other farmers around. don't go to a place where there are no farms around.
2.Always talk with the Fulani head and have a good relationship with them.
3.Get a guard to oversee the farm or build a farm house on the farm.
when people are on the farm or close to the farm, proper monitoring will be possible and feasible.
for the past 5 years, we have not experience such because we put many measures to checkmate that.
if you still want many tips on that, you can contact me
You can also join others to purchase your farmland on our secured farm estate at an affordable rate.
Good. morning
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 27, 2020
Please, can I have your WhatsApp no.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:16am On Mar 28, 2020
Phoenix20:
Please, can I have your WhatsApp no.
+2348164628081
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
Please Sir, What is the price of tissue cultured suckers from your farm and what is the minimum I can buy.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
Phoenix20:
Please Sir, What is the price of tissue cultured suckers from your farm and what is the minimum I can buy.
Kindly get in touch through +2348164628081
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
Phoenix20:
Kindly get in touch through +2348164628081
Thanks
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:41am On Apr 03, 2020
For every situation comes a great opportunity

Only the positive mindset and the action takers always benefit

DoAgric..itpays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
For your hybrid suckers and affordable, genuine land, kindly call 08164628081 in Ogun state and Oyo state
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:56am On Apr 08, 2020
Good morning my people
May God guide and protect you and your family this season.Amen
Stay safe
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:30am On Apr 13, 2020
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by bassey25(m): 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
Please when can spray my plantain farm after planting? Can I spray immediately after planting thanks
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by FarmTech(m): 11:10pm On Apr 24, 2020
@Lesgup, how much do you sell suckers?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
bassey25:
Please when can spray my plantain farm after planting? Can I spray immediately after planting thanks
What kind of spraying,herbicides or insecticide?

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:03pm On Apr 27, 2020
FarmTech:
@Lesgup, how much do you sell suckers?
N120 per sucker excluding transportation
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by FarmTech(m): 8:30am On Apr 28, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:
N120 per sucker excluding transportation
. Ok thanks.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
FarmTech:

Ok thanks.
You are welcome.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by bassey25(m): 12:27am On Apr 29, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:

What kind of spraying,herbicides or insecticide?
Both herbicides and insecticide. When can I spray each respectively

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (68) (Reply)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.