Stats: 3,148,030 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) (168358 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
Learn and know more about the business of agriculture if you are venturing
into it or network with people that
are experience in the business.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:50am On Jan 08, 2015
Lets make this section more vibrant,and farm business problem solving centre.

Add your comment, your challenges and i am going to assist and help you to fulfill your dream in agricbusiness.

I will be waiting for your questions.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:55am On Jan 08, 2015
Late weeding can stress your plantain and can affect yield.
Start early weeding 2 -3 weeks after planting for good yield.

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Doskit(m): 11:57am On Jan 08, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
Lets make this section more vibrant,and farm business problem solving centre.

Add your comment, your challenges and i am going to assist and help you to fulfill your dream in agricbusiness.

I will be waiting for your questions.
Sir, I need your help to link me with someone that is into rice farming, I'm presently schooling at OAU but I want to venture into agriculture,
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
Doskit:

Sir, I need your help to link me with someone that is into rice farming, I'm presently schooling at OAU but I want to venture into agriculture,
kindly send me an email for that
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2015
DO AGRIC....it pays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
Do Agric...it pays

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2015
Plantain farm can last for.more than a decade.
Its a money making machine you can venture into.

Do agric...it pays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by FarmTech(m): 3:18am On Jan 09, 2015
@Op, I read somewhere that only suckers with small, spearshaped leaves should be used and not the ones with broad leaves. Can you show me by picture what they meant?

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Doskit(m): 7:00am On Jan 09, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

kindly send me an email for that
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Immacula8(m): 8:15am On Jan 09, 2015
@LesgupN

Thanks for the great work!

I am the poor guy that transferred into your Diamond Bank some days ago.

How far are we concerning the 2 acres that you are organizing for me grin grin grin grin

I will also like to know how much is it going to cost me to do proper Government survey in order to stay save

Once again thanks for the good work. Thousands of people are following you, while millions are watching. wink
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:12am On Jan 09, 2015
Immacula8:
@LesgupN

How far are we concerning the 2 acres that you are organizing for me grin grin grin grin

I will also like to know how much is it going to cost me to do proper Government survey in order to stay save

Once again thanks for the good work. Thousands of people are following you, while millions are watching. wink

Lol....

Work have already started on it and i will send you all the details to your email...

Welcome to the agribusiness world where we feed the nation as well make money and create wealth.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:57am On Jan 09, 2015
To make 2015 a great year and to step up your finances, this is the time to start in agribusiness.

Take advantage of the opportunity now!

Don't watch people make money...Make your move too.

Do Agric...it pays.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
If you want a regular cashflow for more than 10years,then plantain farming business is for you.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:18am On Jan 10, 2015
If you are not using tissue cultured suckers, you may never make profit from your plantain farm.

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:25am On Jan 10, 2015
Act Now,..you will thank me later
One of my followers took the bold step to kickstart his agribusiness empire.
Immacula8:
@LesgupN

Lol....
Work have already started on it and i will
send you all the details to your email...
Welcome to the agribusiness world where we
feed the nation as well make money and
create wealth.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by nigerfine: 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
Op how much is your sucker
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2015
nigerfine:
Op how much is your sucker
#100/sucker
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
Do agricbusiness....it pays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by sharonbolly(f): 8:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
SHARON AGRO LINK::::....Supply of day old chicks ,turkey,feed,supply of vet drugs,supply of farm equipments,breeding and veterinary services. All @ a cheaper prize,.....@ sharon agrolink we promise you the best services ever.........Try Us today and a trial will convince you........IF you are interested contact me here and promise U a quick response.....Agents from all part of nigeria are needed............Contact me on :08182900720,07031022827......FB: Sharon bolanle oni..BBM:332CC762......Kindly help rebroadcast.......THANKS
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2015
What a great day!

More harvest this year by God grace.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
Every successful farming business start with getting right the little foundational knowledge of farming.

1.Get your land size measured accurately,
2.Get a good hybrid seedlings/suckers to plant
And then do the necessary management operations.
and then expect a good harvest.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by braivheart: 1:58am On Jan 11, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
I wonder why people keep blaming govt.,relative,family background,capital e.t.c.

You have nobody to blame except yourself.
This is the story of a man that started with just 3 plots and now have over 20 acres of plantain farm within 3 years.With persistency,focus he was able to achieve so much.

Now a making lots of money from plantain.

I thought plantain was a biennial crop. Going from 3 plots to 20 acres after one harvest is hard to believe.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by braivheart: 2:11am On Jan 11, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
THE USE OF A GOOD SUCKERS

The type of sucker you.make use of can make or mar your plantain farming business.
I have seen a lot of suckers being use by plantain farmers,reason why most of them do not have result to show for it.

If you are actually serious about making good profit,then you need to source for good suckers.

From my experience,what i have seen 90% of farmers use is the suckers in the first picture.

The disadvantages of the suckers in the first picture is that it takes longer time for it to start bringing leaves meaning that time of harvest will.be between 12 to 14 months before harvesting.

Haba guy 14 months??! I just googled and they are perennial crops (3 years n above) in IITA ibadan site n some other sites.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Johnnyessence(m): 7:22am On Jan 11, 2015
@Lesgupnigeria I heard from a friend that hybrid suckers grow and harvest for 9month but ur 12 months growth surprise me oooooooo.need explanation on these ooooo is it that ur hybrid suckers are different or what ?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:20am On Jan 11, 2015
braivheart:

I thought plantain was a biennial crop. Going from 3 plots to 20 acres after one harvest is hard to believe.
Plantain is not a biennial crop,plantain farm.can last for more than a decade depending on the level of management.

Please read my post from the start to have a good knowledge of everything you need to know on plantain farming.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:24am On Jan 11, 2015
braivheart:

Haba guy 14 months??! I just googled and they are perennial crops (3 years n above) in IITA ibadan site n some other sites.
You need to read what i wrote there very well to have indepth understanding.
i said if you use dont use GOOD HYBRID SUCKERS your harvest will be delayed for 12-14 months or even more than that
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:25am On Jan 11, 2015
Johnnyessence:
@Lesgupnigeria I heard from a friend that hybrid suckers grow and harvest for 9month but ur 12 months growth surprise me oooooooo.need explanation on these ooooo is it that ur hybrid suckers are different or what ?
You need to read what i wrote there very well to have indepth understanding.
i said if you don't use GOOD HYBRID SUCKERS your harvest will be delayed for 12-14 months or even more than that
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:29am On Jan 11, 2015
Good morning people.
Happy sunday to y'all.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:03am On Jan 11, 2015
Security for your plantain farm is very important for the success of your farm business.
I will be talking about strategies you can use to provide security for your farm later today

...stay connected
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
I have not have any case of people stealing my plantain but i like to take pro-active measures in everything i do.

You can either use barbed wire fence to provide security or employ a security man to secure the farm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (68) (Reply)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business