Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? (21602 Views)

Not On My Watch / 7 Containers Of Pirated Books Seized At Apapa / Why Books Are Pirated In Nigeria -By Tayo Demola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by caxim04(m): 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
I saw it with my koro feri (eyes) at Maryland Lagos inside traffic. The guy even yab me when I couldn't close my mouth.
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by SmartKillinex: 4:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
emekakelvin:
Let's us not jump into conclusion that the piece of info in that page with a picture of obasanjo outrightly on it is "My watch". I have never seen in the history of literature when a writer writes a book without putting the name/title on the front page. If I may ask, why is the case of obj different.

OP, I solely ask for the validity of your post. Why cant you show us where the title of the book(my watch) is written or did obj write only one book?

The name written on the book is actually different frm my watch

I thought before now I never miss crucial details...!!!

I give up.u r d best

hands in air for surrender.
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by iyaegin: 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
Guys do not be deceived.The book being sold in traffic is an old book written long before my watch was even launched.The guys in traffic are only capitalizing on the average Nigerian as being ignorant or gullibe so they eventually selling the book as high as N5000.please shine ur eyes
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by ayodave: 6:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
Don't be deceived, the Obasanjo book on the street are not My Watch, those guys are just using the My Watch hype to sell some books he wrote b4 My Watch. attached are the Picture of My Watch you can see the difference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by Boss13: 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
ayodave:
Don't be deceived, the Obasanjo book on the street are not My Watch, those guys are just using the My Watch hype to sell some books he wrote b4 My Watch. attached are the Picture of My Watch you can see the difference.

Where can we get the book and for how much
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by eledacedar(f): 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
chrisbaba1:
[size=16pt]This is an old book. You cannot find the watch on the streets yet. Even free online copies are non existent on sharing sites, the place where pirates get their materials.

The government needs to take copyright laws more seriously, if possibly create copyright police or else these entertainers and writers would be poverty stricken in few years time despite their hard work.

say no to piracy[/size]

It's available on Ozumba Mbadiwe for just 3k. For real
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by Boss13: 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
eledacedar:

It's available on Ozumba Mbadiwe for just 3k. For real

Where in ozumba mbadiwe? I noticed you can pre-order on iTunes and it will be available by January 01, 2015. However, I want to get it now. I'm traveling out of Nigeria on Tuesday and won't be back till next year and I will love to read it on board
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by ignis: 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
truvine:

sterling is calling you !!!!

Lolz, even if they call me from now till 2020, am not going.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by Boss13: 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
I noticed there is a free sample of volume 2 and 3 and none for volume 1. Both volume 2 and 3 are sold for $12 respectively. The free samples for volume 2 and 3 are 159 and 108 pages respectively.

If I cannot get the book tomorrow night manage the free sample from iTunes and wait for January 1, 2015

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by BetaThings: 8:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
berem:
I was on my way to Ojota via Ikeja and immediately after Allen roundabout,I saw some guys selling Obasanjo's book in the traffic to commuters. I guessed they are pirated copies of the book or has the book been put out for sale? The book has three volumes but what was being sold was only two volumes which the hawkers sold for five thousand naira.

Has anyone bought the pirated copies and for how much?
I saw it around Yaba and beat the price down to N3,500
However the binder used can only take two volume while I read somewhere that it is in 3 volumes
so I was confused about the number of volumes and did not buy it
I assumed that it is the original because the print quality was good enough
And I am not sure that pirated copies would be out so fast unless they have a soft copy
Incidentally the Foreword was written by Mandela who died in 2013
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by ekorian: 10:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
What d OP uploaded is d back page of "My Legacy" a book previously written b/4 "My Watch". Like every other things u encounter on d traffic, u can't trust dem...
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by Blakyclyde(m): 11:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
DeHero1:

What happened to ur watch?
It was stolen in the traffic in Sambisa Forest.
If found, please contact the FBI.
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by jameau(m): 8:05am On Dec 22, 2014
The book scanned by the OP is not the new book. It was written by scholars in honour of obj about two years ago. You can see the title boldly written on in it
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by Maczeelly(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2014
Cutesexy1:
Be rite bck
funny uu
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by Awaja(m): 10:21am On Dec 22, 2014
I won't buy that crap for #500
I'd rather buy my S to d K with the cash
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by eledacedar(f): 10:53pm On Dec 22, 2014
Boss13:

Where in ozumba mbadiwe? I noticed you can pre-order on iTunes and it will be available by January 01, 2015. However, I want to get it now. I'm traveling out of Nigeria on Tuesday and won't be back till next year and I will love to read it on board

It's being hawked on the street(Ozumba)
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by Heroesk9: 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
very sooon, ministry of education will approve it as part of students curriculum
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by lanriz: 3:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
If anyone is interested in the Original electronic version, I can get you your personal copy as it can not be distributed. Once you buy it from me, you are the only one who can use the copy on any of your devices, laptop and/or tablets. If interested, drop me a message and I will get back to you asap.
Re: Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? by slavia(m): 3:05pm On Mar 31, 2015
PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE 'MY WATCH BY OBASANJO' FOR SALE?
I NEED IT ON OR BEFORE THE END OF WORK ON WEDNESDAY 01/04/2015. I WOULD PREFER THE ORIGINAL COPY BUT WOULD ENTERTAIN A NEAT PIRATED COPY. PLEASE GENUINE SELLERS CAN TEXT OR CALL ME ON 08037425141. I AM PRESENTLY IN LAGOS. THANK YOU.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Write And Pass Toefl Exams(toefl Exams Made Easy) / Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy / Chimamanda Adichie At Igbo Conference In London- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.