Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi (21770 Views)

Jonathan’s Biggest Economic Mistakes — Pat Utomi / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by lalasticlala(m): 8:14am On Dec 21, 2014
A former presidential aspirant, Prof. Pat Utomi, has said ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo is also guilty of some of his allegations against President Goodluck Jonathan.

Utomi said just like Jonathan, Obasanjo also entertained gossips from those around him.

In a Facebook post on Thursday, titled ‘Obasanjo and the Burden of History, Utomi noted that he was erroneously rumoured to be a member of the Alliance for Democracy during Obasanjo’s administration.

The post read in parts, “Obasanjo’s duty as a statesman is negatively affected by a tradition of lack of charity in dealing with others, which today makes it easy for people who should recognise truth when it comes from him dismiss him as acting in character without charity.

“I had the pleasure of being part, indeed, head of the policy advisory team that worked with candidate Obasanjo in 1998. As President, he lapped up all kinds of gossips stemming from my critical views on matters.

“Obasanjo is not wrong in his accusing Jonathan on the quality of people around him for gossiping. The irony is he is guilty of same.”

The foremost economist pointed out that only a few men in Nigeria had been given easy passage to immortality by circumstances as Obasanjo.

Utomi, added that, “His lack of charity manages to be a flaw that seems determined to consign him to a sad footnote in history.

“Still, this does not mean his voice should be ignored. In his moments, he speaks great truth to power and he understands Nigeria better than most. He should not be ignored.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-entertained-gossips-like-jonathan-utomi/

14 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by kaywhynoni: 8:19am On Dec 21, 2014
no matter what he said..........Aremu baba iyabo is still the pillar in Nigeria politics......like dat man die.

36 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by omenka(m): 8:19am On Dec 21, 2014
There is no leader in the world that doesn't entertain gossips. In fact, you get some of the most important intel from such gossips. But what makes a good leader is how he separates the wheat of the gossips from the chaff, and that is where Mr President is grossly lacking.

34 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by donmalcolm21(m): 8:20am On Dec 21, 2014
Obj na woman wrapper naa

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by Tolexander: 8:24am On Dec 21, 2014
Who doesn't entertain gossip?
It's human

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:35am On Dec 21, 2014
kaywhynoni:
no matter what he said..........Aremu baba iyabo is still the pillar in Nigeria politics......like dat man die.

A pillar that has never won an election in his ward?

18 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by kingthreat(m): 9:06am On Dec 21, 2014
You are right Utomi. But the question is "Were the So-called gossips true" ?
We now know why Odua didn't go to jail
We now know why Patience is a godfather
We now know why Allison Maduekwe feels like a goddess

Jonathan is a weak president. Doesn't know how to manage other's excesses. Doesn't know how to take action. Him and Shagari are the weakest leaders Nigeria ever had.

38 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by TheRealCoolHunK: 9:19am On Dec 21, 2014
lalasticlala:
A former presidential aspirant, Prof. Pat Utomi, has said ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo is also guilty of some of his allegations against President Goodluck Jonathan.

Utomi said just like Jonathan, Obasanjo also entertained gossips from those around him.

In a Facebook post on Thursday, titled ‘Obasanjo and the Burden of History, Utomi noted that he was erroneously rumoured to be a member of the Alliance for Democracy during Obasanjo’s administration.

The post read in parts, “Obasanjo’s duty as a statesman is negatively affected by a tradition of lack of charity in dealing with others, which today makes it easy for people who should recognise truth when it comes from him dismiss him as acting in character without charity.

“I had the pleasure of being part, indeed, head of the policy advisory team that worked with candidate Obasanjo in 1998. As President, he lapped up all kinds of gossips stemming from my critical views on matters.

“Obasanjo is not wrong in his accusing Jonathan on the quality of people around him for gossiping. The irony is he is guilty of same.”

The foremost economist pointed out that only a few men in Nigeria had been given easy passage to immortality by circumstances as Obasanjo.

Utomi, added that, “His lack of charity manages to be a flaw that seems determined to consign him to a sad footnote in history.

“Still, this does not mean his voice should be ignored. In his moments, he speaks great truth to power and he understands Nigeria better than most. He should not be ignored.

End of discussion. Go home, everybody.

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by PerfumeRepublik: 10:20am On Dec 21, 2014
its unfortunate we don't teach history in our schools, we would have developed a culture of remembering the past.
I still remember how Thugs that had his blessings kidnapped a sitting Gov in Anambra state..
And burnt down a couple state infrastructure..
Comparing Jona and Obj is like comparing Sleep to death.
Its unfortunate Trolls on Nairaland be twisting the truth and events, and spewing propaganda just to futher the selfish cause of their principals .
#OneManOneVote !

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 21, 2014
FP things
Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by theV0ice: 11:14am On Dec 21, 2014
lalasticlala:

[size=14pt]“Still, this does not mean his voice should be ignored. In his moments, he speaks great truth to power and he understands Nigeria better than most. He should not be ignored.”[/size]

i agree with Utomi. pls note the highlighted.

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by CzarRex: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ok oh
Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by englishmart(m): 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
pat Utomi still exists?
Another corrupt and clueless nigerian

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by KHAYGOLD(m): 4:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
Whatever anybody says, CHANGE is what we need.

SAI BUARI/OSHINBAJO2015
#jonathanmustgotoprison

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by verygudbadguy(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

A pillar that has never won an election in his ward?

A prophet is neva accepted in his own town. It happened to our Lord Jesus christ too. The bible recorded that He could do no mighty works lest dat He laid his hands upon few and dey were healed.

Obj really gave his best to pull naija to dis level. Things were nt dis bad during his own time and he had a lot of achievements.

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by Thatdave(m): 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
pat utomi does not have the financial muscle to sustain an election in a country like Nigeria and win
so he stopped contesting and started gossiping smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by oziegbe2015: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
Obasanjo and his godson have mental problem, they are both delusional. Ask ur self can gej win a local govtment if nt obj that smuggled him in. Yar adua accepted the election that brought him was faulty, and mr clueless never asked to stepdown. Only one man stands for integrity Buhari2015

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by kendrick9(m): 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
is pat utomi still relevent this days
Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by Guidette(f): 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
PLEASE SHARE: The 5 Biggest lies President Goodluck Jonathan has told Nigerians.
https://www.nairaland.com/2053010/5-biggest-lies-president-goodluck

1. "..If I'm voted into power, within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement, and if I can't improve on power within this period, it then means I CANNOT DO ANYTHING EVEN IF I AM THERE FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS" - Goodluck Jonathan, Vanguard newspaper, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12339017

3. “The excesses of Boko Haram must stop. That is the decision of this present government now. It must stop, whatever it will cost the government, it must stop. The military intervention in the affected states is going on well. There is no human rights abuse and there is no collateral damage with regards to security of individuals. I am optimistic that with the level of success already being recorded, the emergency rule in the affected states may not last up to the six months stipulated by the Constitution,” Goodluck Jonathan, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-must-be-defeated-at-all-costs-jonathan/

4. "I believe that the kidnap of these girls will be the beginning of the end of terror in Nigeria. We will surely bring their daughters back." President Goodluck Jonathan on Chibok girls May 2014
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27328003

5. “Over 70 percent of what are called corruption, even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies is not corruption, but common stealing. Corruption is perception, not reality,” the President said during his 7th Presidential Media Chat
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/160156-corruption-charges-ministers-politically-motivated-says-jonathan.html#sthash.aGWFtVXb.dpbs

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by blemon44(m): 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
i thought there is no one capable of talking to OBJ the pirated
Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by adeoladrg(m): 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
Still, this does not mean his voice should be
ignored. In his moments, he speaks great truth to
power and he understands Nigeria better than
most. He should not be ignored.

Ignore Baba Iyabo at your own peril..

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by ireneony(f): 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
I missed FrontPage cry
Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by blemon44(m): 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
englishmart:
pat Utomi still exists?
Another corrupt and clueless nigerian

what makes him corrupt and clueless?

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by Tberry01(f): 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
This man don appear again?
Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by lonelydora: 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
Entertaining gossip is an inherent trait in humans. Man is a selfish animal as I was told in GS206 back in school.
Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by holatin(m): 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
yes obasanjo is no saint
But
Obasanjo is bad but Jonathan is badder than the baddest.
Obasanjo is worse but Jonathan is worded than the worsest.

Don't write this English in school or you may spend 8 years in primary school.

Buhari for President jare

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by fr3do(m): 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
E don mean it
Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by Chuksgeo: 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
In Owerri language Pat Utomi wu OkO OkO! He should just shaaraap!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by Genea(f): 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
I have always said dat dier case is a case of d pot calling d kettle black,d only diff is dat OBJ was a firm leader while GEJ is a clueless one. Kozykid aw far

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
kaywhynoni:
he is not the pillar of any politics in nigeria... he is nothing but a troublesome oldman who needs to be locked up in the old people's home

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Entertained Gossips Like Jonathan — Utomi by Vanpascore(m): 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
Brb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Port Harcourt - Enugu Train Is Back! / Zaria Massacre: Sheikh Zakzaky Sent To France For Treatment / Akpabio's Defection: Godwin Afangideh Resigns As PDP Deputy Chairman, Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.