Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing (17480 Views)

Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat / Short Code Service On MTN, Vmobile, Glo And Mtel / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by tassmal(m): 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2005
men u sound like one guru. i love it when niaja guys are confident of their jobs. when is the workshop. mind u i leave in jos and i work so men fix it at a convient time. but men can u make an exception for now and help a guy i beg. i am really at my wits end. i have missed some stuff becos my phone aint got the capabilities. ty
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2005
About that using glo line as a modem for laptop internet connection,i just set up the connection manually on the laptop as usually(using *99# as the dial up number) and i made glogwap my default browser setting on my mobile and it was up.however,i didnt stay up for long cos i didnt want glo to whip my cash... Although i think they charge #20 per kb 12am-6am.<reference_gosmartmobile.com>* % note% i think you have to call glo customer care to demand for the service for full internet connection using phone as modem;i m not sure cos i didnt request for it myself,the glo line i use for surfing was given to of by a friend. Probably,he had done that but i dont know sha,though i l try it when i get another line sha... Peace alllll...
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by mamba(m): 5:16pm On Dec 07, 2005
The line you used is most def a postpaid line cos prepaid lines can't connect to PC.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2005
About the manual configuration stuff,for phones which cant get the push message automaticaly,it is no big deal.once you know the settings,its just as easy as imputing the settings on the phone yourself. What people still dont understand is that you might have correctly put the settings on your phone but your glo line might not have been provisioned for the service. So it is necessary you call their customer care service to inquire if they have provisione ur line for the service.(unlike mtn that you l just send a text "settings" to 3888. Talking about manual configuration,some phones cannot be manually configured for browsing services other than the company's service. Some might give room for other manual settings but of which you must enter the company's homepage first before accessing ur bookmark or entering your url... Other types can allow for any line of settings(mostly nokia,samsung etc...)... Most nec phones i have seen cannot be configured manually with other settings.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by tassmal(m): 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2005
thanks man for that info. i guess i made a mistake getting a nec phone cause asides from not getting the wap to work, the usb cable is hard to get, same for cover and other accessories. men the phone is wacked. got to get another one
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by Owen(m): 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2005
I see your point but I wouldn't mind if you dash me your nec phone!! wink
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by tassmal(m): 9:52am On Dec 10, 2005
ok.. noted!
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 3:03am On Dec 11, 2005
hi all...still on that last discussion i think the settings for glo full internet differs from the usual wap setting...see gosmartmobile.com for further details..
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by mamba(m): 7:07am On Dec 11, 2005
The settings for glodirect is diffrent from glowap.. Maybe you should check your own settings and post it here, let's do some tweaking and see if we can browse on PC with it..

I heard a rumour that glo is planning to start free night browsing..
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by tassmal(m): 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2005
are u referin to me mamba?
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by tassmal(m): 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2005
if it me u talking about....
apn
access point name

apn address

for mms i require the following
mms centre
mms proxy

for email

pop3 or imap4
user name and password
server address and port

wont mind any help i can get
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by mamba(m): 6:31pm On Dec 12, 2005
@tassmal, i was actually refering to denizman as per glodirect.. i'm on wap now & cant really understant what problen you have with your nec phone.. what network are you using & what phone model, let me see if i can help you out.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by tassmal(m): 9:41pm On Dec 16, 2005
i am on glo network and i have a nec e313
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 9:04pm On Dec 17, 2005
Hi all...mamba sorry for the break in com,the settings for the glo on pc is the same as that on the previously written site...a friend of mine had got it set up for quite a while but i dont like using glo for the surfing now since i still got a free option.,but its connection rate is quite cool... talking about the general status of the gprs connection speed on all the lines,i think we have to reverse our previous statement about mtn...they have been doing really fine for about a month now.with very little hassles...glo still remain as usual,undisputed for now,as for v-mobile,i actually just arrived from school and there is no vmobile signal there, so i m just trying to access its own speed,although i m posting with it now...still no news from mtel now.those who claim to have the settings for it should be proud to come out with it 1st,else i believe its a blatant lie for now...............*some news for seun-i have noticed for long now that one cannot login with mtn,but can do with the rest.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 7:41pm On Dec 18, 2005
Hi all...it seems the formally hailed vmobile is now f***ing up. Their service is either too slow or completely unavailable...as for mtn,they are far better than before but of recent the case is always "http error:connection timeout."...the service no doubt is available,but it is always sending the above server error...all hands are still up for glo. No news still for the proposed 3g dreamers who havnt even got their normal gprs to work, mtel"...we are still waiting for our rumour mongers
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2005
Hi guys its been quite a long time. Our service providers have been trying i would say at the moment. Mtn is not doing bad,so is glo and vmobile is also far from the rest,only that it sends too much of errors when trying to access some sites. No words still on mtels claim of gprs service,or is anyone having any clues...not lies sha!
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 7:56am On Jan 03, 2006
guys vmobile at the instant is as fast as flash...perhaps its because its just some minutes to 8am ,and there is less traffic now...glo still has its hardly-interrupted gprs signal on, while mtn is also cool but fluctuating...good day all nairaland users.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by tosdami(m): 9:39am On Jan 06, 2006
Hello Everyone,

I use a Siemens CX65 and currently having problems sending mms, I have requested for mms activation, and the settings have been sent to my phone but it still doesnt work. My gprs is working quite fine, have been wapping since the day it got activated, but it's just the mms.

The only data missing in the settings is the "Relay Server URL" . I looked up a MTN MMS profile and found this info was there but on the Vmobile MMS Profile it isnt.

Can anyone heeeellllpp?
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by henchyk(m): 5:03pm On Jan 12, 2006
Pls can someone tell me (PM) if Glo charge 4 their GPRS/WAP. I really want to know. Am new to this place and I promise to be regular now....Ha HA. grin
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by henchyk(m): 1:02pm On Jan 13, 2006
hey, am in trouble down here. i just finished installing the Glo Gprs Settings I got 4rom Nairaland and when I tried it after about 10 to 15 secs loading, it will say "Connection failed, Try later". I have a feeling that the settings are not correct. Can someone pls give me the complete Glo Gprs Settings? I'd be very grateful. Am using a Sendo S30 Phone. Just help me if u can. sad
You can PM me.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by tassmal(m): 11:57am On Jan 14, 2006
ask mamba.. he good at these things....maybe send him an email. check his profile for info...hope u dont mind me recommendin u mamba... wink
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by Typewriter(m): 8:53am On Jan 16, 2006
i have problem sending SMS from my Mtel(Nitel) line due to Massage Center Number
any idea.

calling mtel 170,175, 176 no results
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by Typewriter(m): 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2006
well osvvy i got ur pm can u send me ur land line now
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by uzoma: 7:10pm On Feb 01, 2006
mtn gprs is working very well on my phone,nokia 2650.except 4 a few hiccupps at times.i have used it to download many polytones,pictures etc.and am not being charged 4 using the service by mtn.vmobile csd is a money eating fraud.unless their new gprs service has improved.anyone dat has problems wit his or hers should notify me.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by ncpat(m): 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2006
there is a mistake some people who which to configure glo sim card to browse is making generally, first, your sim card must be activated to browse by glo network before your phone can work with those configuration, formally to activate you send "ACTIVATE" TO "927" for GPRS and "ACTIVATE" to "667" for MMS and wait for a confirmation sms that will take more that a month, mine took me almost two months but now you can do that on glo website,click on glomobile internet and fill the info. and just a week your sim will be activated, mostly if you are using nokia you will see a G sign on top of your phone sreen indicating presents of GPRS and this will only occure when your sim is activated, http://www.gloworld.com/GloMobile/?Cn=GloMobile
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by uzoma: 4:02pm On Mar 02, 2006
i ve requested 4 the glo gprs.but i havent gotten the settings.the sms requsting no longer works.i ve called the glo customer care over a million times requesting 4 the service,and they keep on saying dat they eill send it,but i havent seen anything.as 4 the mtn gprs wap.it has stopped working on my phone but the gprs icon shows and the service has stopped working. cry
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by soro: 8:21pm On Mar 02, 2006
I would like to know when Vmobile free browsing would be over
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by gentleone(f): 12:22pm On Mar 07, 2006
http://www.vmobile-nigeria.com/wap%20settings.htm

hi there, i have all the wap settings for vmobile on my phone(nokia 3120)but i still can't browse. i called vmobile and was asked to send sms to 184. i told them i already have all the wap parameters on my phone but the person that attended to me still insisted i should send the sms. well, any suggestions?
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by Seun(m): 6:13pm On Mar 07, 2006
Why not send the SMS and see what happens? Does your phone indicate GPRS reception?
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by gentleone(f): 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2006
i've sent the text,awaiting their reply.
well, each time i try to connect, it says no gprs connection available.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by osyvv(m): 8:52pm On Mar 16, 2006
Well guys the good news is that i have the mtel gprs settings
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by osyvv(m): 8:54pm On Mar 16, 2006
Are you there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Telecom Subscribers To Pay 5% Tax On Calls, Text, Data / Unboxing The Tecno Droipad 7D / MTN PROMO: How To Get 500% Bonus Till Midnight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.