Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? (9173 Views)

Caption This Picture Of Amaechi Buhari And Osibanjo / See Bad Shocking Photos Of Osibanjo With Baby Victim Of Boko Haram Bombing / APC Fund Raiser For Buhari and Osibanjo Last Night (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Acidosis(m): 10:54am On Dec 21, 2014
Anyone please??
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by donsola(m): 11:01am On Dec 21, 2014
Ask Ifa or Google. .
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Acidosis(m): 11:04am On Dec 21, 2014
If you are a yoruba man or woman and you avoid this thread; I say SHAME ON YOU.

I need answers please
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Acidosis(m): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2014
grin
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by KanwuliaJara: 11:24am On Dec 21, 2014
OSHUDINJO! cheesy
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 21, 2014
You're a yoruba man and you don't know the meaning of Osinbajo? Shame on you!

Woe betide any mod who moves this thread to front page

5 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Acidosis(m): 11:29am On Dec 21, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
OSHUDINJO! cheesy
grin Lol wetin be dis?

The fear of reciting an evil name is the beginning of wisdom

I dey pity Journalists sha.
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 21, 2014
"Osibanjo" = "Osi ba mijo" = poverty fits me
I may be wrong though grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 21, 2014
Who's the fool that censored the name? Osi.bajo has been censored to Osinbajo.

3 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Acidosis(m): 11:32am On Dec 21, 2014
berem:
You're a yoruba man and you don't know the meaning of Osinbajo? Shame on you!

Woe betide any mod who moves this thread to front page

grin grin grin

why??
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Acidosis(m): 11:33am On Dec 21, 2014
wazoboy:
"Osibanjo" = "Osi ba mijo" = poverty fits me
I may be wrong though grin
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 21, 2014
I understand Yoruba but seriously I don't know what that name means

Gimme little time, lemme think undecided

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Acidosis(m): 11:47am On Dec 21, 2014
customized13:
I understand Yoruba but seriously I don't know what that name means

Gimme little time, lemme think undecided
It means "poverty fits Nigerians"
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Firefire(m): 11:52am On Dec 21, 2014
Acidosis:

grin grin

God forbid,

Oshi

Osi

Iyaa

Iponju

all relative grin

3 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by tollu: 11:56am On Dec 21, 2014
Osi pronounced Oshi O as in Orange means lord of a clan/family.
Bajo means back from a journey
Osi bajo means the lord of this clan is back from a journey.

14 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Acidosis(m): 11:56am On Dec 21, 2014
Firefire:

God forbid,

Oshi

Osi

Iyaa

Iponju

or relative grin
na real evil name.

Everything about that man look sooooo odd.

He is sooo un-presidential; talk about the very brief height, Tinubu's cell-phone carrier, etc.

I believe he'll do better teaching Theology at Redeemed Seminary at Lagos-Ibadan express-way.

2 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by nduchucks: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2014
Banjo in Yoruba means "it fits" or 'fits me"

Thus names like Adebanjo = "crown fits me" or "I am fit for the crown" meaning 'i'm fit for wealth' fits me

Olabanjo = "I'm fit for wealth"

Osi = left; Osibanjo = "left fits me" I'm told that the father of people named thus are left handed.

Note that PDP goons would rather use the other meaning of Osi - poverty, in the definition, but we all know that no parent would name his child that way.

SAI BUHARI

4 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Acidosis(m): 11:58am On Dec 21, 2014
tollu:
Osinbajo means the lord of this clan is back from a journey.

Is this a Yoruba translation or Efik-Ibibio?

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Alphaoscar: 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
tollu:
Osinbajo means the lord of this clan is back from a journey.

kare jare ogidi Omo oodua. amo gbogbo aso ko laasa l'orun ntori ojo Miran. waa gbo, waa to, waa fowo pau, waa ferigi jobi.

10 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Firefire(m): 12:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
[quote author=Acidosis post=29074062]
na real evil name.

He is sooo un-presidential; talk about the very brief height, Tinubu's cell-phone carrier, etc.

[s]I believe he'll do better teaching Theology at Redeemed Seminary at Lagos-Ibadan express-way.[/[/s]quote]

grin

Leave the cancelled out! wink

2 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by tollu: 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
Alphaoscar:

kare jare ogidi Omo oodua. amo gbogbo aso ko laasa l'orun ntori ojo Miran. waa gbo, waa to, waa fowo pau, waa ferigi jobi.

Ase Edumare

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by stevecantrell: 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
All these assaults on the poor guy who won't even smell 'aso' talk less of 'rock.

Its just not fair.

2 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
I guess the correct spelling is osinbajo not osibanjo.

Osinbajo should mean "nonsense is dancing with him" if the O is pronounced like its in Oat. undecided

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Firefire(m): 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
Acidosis:

Is this a Yoruba translation or Efik-Ibibio?

I laugh in egun dialect when I see that translation.

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Alphaoscar: 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
at least he is not an occultist or evil worshipper like the ebelle of the olumba-olumba shrine and d real Yorubas understand the true meaning of his name.

2 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
Acidosis:

na real evil name.

I believe he'll do better teaching Theology at Redeemed Seminary at Lagos-Ibadan express-way.

So der are still ppl like u dat judge a man's capacity to be an effective leader by his height and looks?

Wow! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by femicyrus(m): 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
Osibanjo to a common Nigerian mean anything better than Sambo
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Gbawe: 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
So many juvenile delinquents on Nairaland. With the idiocy this thread displays, any wonder that so-called elders never take Nigerian youths seriously let alone consider handing over to them as the immature young men and women of Nigeria constantly demand? Which sane elder will hand over to men and women between 20-40 who thinks and talks like they are 9 year old?

Which elder,genuinely concerned about Nigeria, would empower shallow and unfocused young people who only think/talk rubbish and are never found contributing anything positive to the growth or development of their nation? Youths of other Nations are discussing weighty and progressive issues yet Nigerian youths are gossiping about names. What an unlucky Country Nigeria is. Everything that can go wrong seems to go wrong for us.

8 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Acidosis(m): 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
obongproff:

So der are still ppl like u dat judge a man's capacity to be an effective leader by his height and looks?

Wow! shocked
Yes sir cheesy

We have over 200 threads on GEJ's appearance and photos.
Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
Acidosis:

Yes sir cheesy

We have over 200 threads on GEJ's appearance and photos.

Excellento! Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by Acidosis(m): 12:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
Gbawe:
So many juvenile delinquents on Nairaland. With the idiocy this thread displays, any wonder that so-called elders never take Nigerian youths seriously let alone consider handing over to them as the immature young men and women of Nigeria constantly demand? Which sane elder will hand over to men and women between 20-40 who thinks and talks like they are 9 year old?

Which elder,genuinely concerned about Nigeria, would empower shallow and unfocused young people who only think/talk rubbish and are never found contributing anything positive to the growth or development of their nation? Youths of other Nations are discussing weighty and progressive issues yet Nigerian youths are gossiping about names. What an unlucky Country Nigeria is. Everything that can go wrong seems to go wrong for us.

You mean I should discuss Buhari and his ability to stabilize global oil price?
grin

I would rather spend my time on Agric & Agribusines. All thanks to GEJ!

4 Likes

Re: Please What's The Meaning Of Osibanjo? by major466(m): 1:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
Acidosis:

grin grin
Actually am not surprised. Looking at Buhari's face alone is enough to make Nigerians poor.
And they call themselves progressives

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Former Senator, Sahabi Ya'u Kaura Spotted Kissing Woman In His Office. Pics/Vid / I Will Fulfill My Promises – President Buhari / PHOTO: First Female Governor In Nigeria Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.