Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death (31334 Views)

UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny / 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Nigerian Military Allegedly Starved Of Food / Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by kayalla(f): 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
why will the be executed when they ve not committed any crime how much more now that we need more army than ever.

i tire for us sef
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by Change2015(m): 10:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
Duru1:

Nigerians are noted for acting idiotically while calling contrarians idiots. It is only in your hopeless and goofy world that a country has standing army without issuing weapons. Even Nigeria’s roadside police are armed beyond the purpose of “police action”. Your post clearly depicted you as one of the culpable reasons Nigeria has been classified as jungle. By the way, what has person’s family got to do with desecrating the military code of conduct?

If the army is so wonderfully equipped why has Jonathan avoided Bauchi and Borno as if Ebola is there? An army is not just based on each man having one gun. They need local intelligence, rpg's, basic bulletproof vests, they need repair of equipment and medical services, they need food and lodging etc. They are on a national duty and anything they say they lack, they should get if it helps us defeat bh. It has been 3 long years now and you see how little progress has been made, but all you have are excuses for your idol. Please excuse me if I use my head properly.
The police are notorious for running away from equally or better armed robbers. If they die aren't their widows thrown out of the barracks after a year if they are lucky. What do they get as death benefits? Is it paid promptly? Is there any incentive to put your life on the line defending law and order, when the government is ready to offer amnesty and cash to your murderers? The system needs an overhaul, and murdering foot soldiers is not where to begin.

1 Like

Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by gsalvatore: 10:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
Change2015:

Dumb as you are let me educate you on the Nazi invasion of Russia. The Germans were essentially defeated by the harsh Russian winter for which they were unprepared. It was only then the Russians were able to recover and fight back to push the Germans back. For years we have seen the largest chunk of our budget go to the security services and now that they are put to the test by a ragged bunch of heretics, our foot soldiers are saying they are short of weapons, ammunition, and logistic support and it does not occur to you that questions need to be asked? Even the states affected have been giving non-military assistance to the as they claim this is being diverted but you don't see any need to investigate? If the military is so brilliantly equipped why did Jonathan ask for another billion dollars to buy arms? Have they even located the Chibok girls, or is it not an American reconnaissance plane that is at the front of the search? Isn't it Jonathan that ran indoors to celebrate our independence day because of fear of boko haram, with all the security services at his disposal? Yet you want the poor foot soldiers of the Nigerian army to go to the battle front under-equipped? Do illustrate your stupidity further.
You know what Mr. Genius? Let's throw a party for them for not performing their duties.
I don't debate with folks like you.. You are already compromised sentimentally. You can't possibly understand what am saying. My point is, you have made up your mind already.

NB: Russians fought till that very winter gave them advantage.Don't make it sound as if the Russians were waiting for winter,as of the Germans haven't seen winter season before. People held the fort till that winter and they were ill equipped.
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by Change2015(m): 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
gsalvatore:
You know what Mr. Genius? Let's throw a party for them for not performing their duties.
I don't debate with folks like you.. You are already compromised sentimentally. You can't possibly understand what am saying. My point is, you have made up your mind already.

NB: Russians fought till that very winter gave them advantage.Don't make it sound as if the Russians were waiting for winter,as of the Germans haven't seen winter season before. People held the fort till that winter and they were ill equipped.

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/defeat/attack-russia.htm

I don't care to be sentimental about the issue. If the ceo of a major company made losses 1/2yrs running, he would be called on to explain to shareholders. If students in a good school keep failing certain subjects, the teachers and their methods would be examined. If a company's products poison the public, the executive in charge faces criminal action. Now we have an army that is failing in a major task, and your solution is to blame the labourers in the field? I hold a different opinion.
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by Rexnegro(m): 11:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
chistar01:
Dear lord. What crime did they commit?
They committed mutiny which is a very strong or big offense in the military. But I wish they reverse the judgement sha .... Too bad.
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by tonte(m): 12:54am On Dec 22, 2014
not just like that...you do realise they were found guilty for mutiny...that's about the second worst offence anyone can commit as a soldier...the first most grievous offence is coup plotting

berem:
So they will just kill 54 soldiers just like that? Shekau must be dancing azonto in sambisa forest.
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by yemionline(m): 2:17am On Dec 22, 2014
So you are telling me that just when we should be looking for more soldiers to combat this boko haram menace, we are cutting down on the ones we have on ground. Kai, Nigeria is indeed a wonderful country. Smh
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by Duru1(m): 2:44am On Dec 22, 2014
Change2015:

If the army is so wonderfully equipped why has Jonathan avoided Bauchi and Borno as if Ebola is there? An army is not just based on each man having one gun. They need local intelligence, rpg's, basic bulletproof vests, they need repair of equipment and medical services, they need food and lodging etc. They are on a national duty and anything they say they lack, they should get if it helps us defeat bh. It has been 3 long years now and you see how little progress has been made, but all you have are excuses for your idol. Please excuse me if I use my head properly.
The police are notorious for running away from equally or better armed robbers. If they die aren't their widows thrown out of the barracks after a year if they are lucky. What do they get as death benefits? Is it paid promptly? Is there any incentive to put your life on the line defending law and order, when the government is ready to offer amnesty and cash to your murderers? The system needs an overhaul, and murdering foot soldiers is not where to begin.

The above sketch tells about a writer who is loaded with innuendoes. Boko Haram is an insurgent outfit without a uniform, command and control or country. I do not even know if you are not one of the Boko Haram sects. Nigeria is an epitome of uselessness and idiocy. It amounts to acts of idiocy and disingenuousness to remotely blame Goodluck Jonathan for the state of Nigeria. There is nothing wrong with democracy which is the system of government found in Nigeria. However there is inherent deficiency within the political cornerstone upon which the so-called Nigeria stood. If one thing needs to be changed, it is the present configuration of Nigeria. We do not need revolution in Nigeria but disintegration of Nigeria.
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by Whizkel(m): 5:05am On Dec 22, 2014
decode55:

keep up with your hallucination
leave am. hein dey use style campaign ni undecided
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by VivaLaFrans: 8:30am On Dec 22, 2014
A soldier cannot desert the army without a solid reason. They have reasons.
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by MKO4ever(m): 8:35am On Dec 22, 2014
Nawa ooo, what will Nigerians gain from killing those guys?
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by crowntoro(f): 9:09am On Dec 22, 2014
somebody should yarn me pls, what did they do that warranted execution?
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by BlackSEER(m): 9:40am On Dec 22, 2014
Unibenstudent:
Jonathan their blood is on ur head.

if you don't have anything to say just shut ur bucal cavity up.Stop displaying ur idiotic nature in public.
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by dhabeautyjas(f): 9:55am On Dec 22, 2014
babyosisi:
Is it for rituals or what?

The only army list where southerners and Christians outnumber ndi ugwu

[size=18pt]Had this been an army promotion list especially during Buhari,the Mohammeds and abubakirs go full the list[/size]

you are one of the reasons Nigeria is not moving forward. why must you bring sentiment into everything you do.

our leaders are using the sentiment among us to divide us. we need to be focused and leave all religious or tribal sentiment.

1 Like

Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by gsalvatore: 10:24am On Dec 22, 2014
Change2015:

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/defeat/attack-russia.htm

I don't care to be sentimental about the issue. If the ceo of a major company made losses 1/2yrs running, he would be called on to explain to shareholders. If students in a good school keep failing certain subjects, the teachers and their methods would be examined. If a company's products poison the public, the executive in charge faces criminal action. Now we have an army that is failing in a major task, and your solution is to blame the labourers in the field? I hold a different opinion.
Its OK to have a different opinion.

Comparing the Army to the examples you mentioned above is shambolic, its like you think the Army is Disneyland .

The soldiers that are being court marshalled are facing "criminal action" and you still don't seem to see it.

Please the Army is capable of taking care of itself don't join issues with the govt/presidency and the NA. They should do whatever the Army council deems fit for efficient running of the Army.

One major issue we have in this country it putting blames where it shouldn't. The Army is trying to put an end to misconducts which is ravaging the fabrics/efforts of the NA and you just can't see the importance.

Dont make the brave soldiers that lost their lives look like idiots.
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by ukemeramat(m): 10:34am On Dec 22, 2014
bruno419:
I just hope they don't go through with it. It will be so sad!

http://lindaikeji..com/2014/12/list-of-54-nigerian-soldiers-sentenced.html?m=1

Army will never seize to amaze me.... the corrupt commanders will be eating fat from the insurgencies and be blaming their greed nd jeopardy nt to end the war on the rank and files. the big boys in the army will neva allow this war to end, then why kill the low ranked... this is pure ritual ..killing to make more money!! angry angry angry angry
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by Change2015(m): 11:52am On Dec 22, 2014
gsalvatore:

Comparing the Army to the examples you mentioned above is shambolic, its like you think the Army is Disneyland .

The soldiers that are being court marshalled are facing "criminal action" and you still don't seem to see it.

Please the Army is capable of taking care of itself don't join issues with the govt/presidency and the NA. They should do whatever the Army council deems fit for efficient running of the Army.

One major issue we have in this country it putting blames where it shouldn't. The Army is trying to put an end to misconducts which is ravaging the fabrics/efforts of the NA and you just can't see the importance.

The very same soldiers have been praised for the previous successes against bh, so pls get your facts straight. http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/173538-exclusive-inside-the-secret-military-trial-leading-to-death-sentence-for-54-soldiers.html
The military cannot do as it pleases, because it is under civilian authority, and the commander in chief, is the president, no matter how you seek to absolve him of the responsibilities of his position. He is the supreme commander of the army, and this decision must have his approval. Understand this, I appreciate what the soldiers did. However there are two claims involved. The one claim being conveniently ignored by everyone is the soldiers allegation that they were poorly equipped. Will their deaths change that equation if it is true? As a responsible citizen I say that claim must be investigated. The security services collect the largest chunk of our annual budget, and it behoves us to see that it is wisely spent and can be accounted for. These soldiers have defeated bh in previous battles, and now they say they lack equipment and you are not interested! Wow. Ok. The army prosecutor did not deny their claim in court, he only called it a 'hollow excuse'.
If we want to see a quick end to bh, we must make sure the army is in good condition, not just the fat cats that sit in air-conditioned offices sending people to the battle front without all they need to win. However strong or weak bh is, the army must answer as to why this task is taking so long, with so little apparent success. And the President must find those bh sympathisers he said are in his government and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by dhabeautyjas(f): 2:35pm On Dec 22, 2014
gsalvatore:

in as much as they are trying to be facing the law, the superior officer should also be tried. the military now has corrupt ones among them and thats the problem.
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by ceceee(f): 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
boko haram are killing soldiers.....politicians are also killing soldiers.....later they will want to recruit
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by ACM10: 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
Duru1:

Nigerians are noted for acting idiotically while calling contrarians idiots. It is only in your hopeless and goofy world that a country has standing army without issuing weapons. Even Nigeria’s roadside police are armed beyond the purpose of “police action”. Your post clearly depicted you as one of the culpable reasons Nigeria has been classified as jungle. By the way, what has person’s family got to do with desecrating the military code of conduct?

Thumbs up for this comment. It's unfortunate that Nigerians do not know their right from left. The flimsy excuse that they were not armed is ludicrous. We all know that even soldiers manning checkpoints in a peaceful town of Owerri are armed to the teeth, let alone those fighting insurgency. Those soldiers are well aware that cowardice is never tolerated in the army. So they should be made to pay the price.
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by gsalvatore: 5:11pm On Dec 23, 2014
Change2015:

The very same soldiers have been praised for the previous successes against bh, so pls get your facts straight. http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/173538-exclusive-inside-the-secret-military-trial-leading-to-death-sentence-for-54-soldiers.html
The military cannot do as it pleases, because it is under civilian authority, and the commander in chief, is the president, no matter how you seek to absolve him of the responsibilities of his position. He is the supreme commander of the army, and this decision must have his approval. Understand this, I appreciate what the soldiers did. However there are two claims involved. The one claim being conveniently ignored by everyone is the soldiers allegation that they were poorly equipped. Will their deaths change that equation if it is true? As a responsible citizen I say that claim must be investigated. The security services collect the largest chunk of our annual budget, and it behoves us to see that it is wisely spent and can be accounted for. These soldiers have defeated bh in previous battles, and now they say they lack equipment and you are not interested! Wow. Ok. The army prosecutor did not deny their claim in court, he only called it a 'hollow excuse'.
If we want to see a quick end to bh, we must make sure the army is in good condition, not just the fat cats that sit in air-conditioned offices sending people to the battle front without all they need to win. However strong or weak bh is, the army must answer as to why this task is taking so long, with so little apparent success. And the President must find those bh sympathisers he said are in his government and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.
Easier said than done. As if you don't know the make up of Nigerian society/govt.
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by gsalvatore: 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
dhabeautyjas:

in as much as they are trying to be facing the law, the superior officer should also be tried. the military now has corrupt ones among them and thats the problem.
you are right. The superior officers found wanting should be tried too but I believe after this death sentences all hands will be on deck, any superior officers found wanting will have no excuse when the noose is on his neck.

My point is, this is a precursor for fishing out officers that take their job unserious..
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by Change2015(m): 1:11am On Dec 24, 2014
gsalvatore:
Easier said than done. As if you don't know the make up of Nigerian society/govt.

Look, if a president finds the work of leadership too much for him to handle, let him resign or get sacked at the polls. Why is it that we must tolerate ineffectual ministers, governors, councillors etc. They have seen how dumb and meek your response is to their foolishness, so they see no need to improve. I want bh crushed yesterday, and if it means that all the thieves in the army get sacked I don't bloody care. How can they be messing with the future of this country like that? Even MEND and the other militants, it was amnesty cash that was used to bribe them, they were not defeated by the army! Bh has rejected amnesty and cash and our leader's are confused by that. What happens when another group comes along knowing the army is not what it should be?
Re: List Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death by Change2015(m): 1:18am On Dec 24, 2014
Can you imagine, a battalion that should have 750 men actually had less than 180! And the soldiers said they had no medical services attached? What kind of army is this? Where do they expect the wounded to go for treatment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki / Victor Umeh Buys A Car For Catholic Priest After Election Victory (Photos) / Tinubu, Fashola, Gbajabiamila, Ashafa At Eid Praying Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.