Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers (55614 Views)

Lai Mohammed Enjoys Push-Up Exercise With Army Officers (Photos) / Meet The First Generation Of Nigerian Lawmakers To Scale The Fence / Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by zendy: 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
First Generation of Nigerian Army officers,June 1959.

From Left to Right sitting: Captain Adeyinka Adebayo,Captain Philip Effiong,Captain Imo,Major Samuel Adesoji Ademulegun,Major Wellington Bassey,General Forster, Major JTU Ironsi,Major Ralph Shodeinde,Captain Zakaria Maimalari, Captain Conrad Nwawo, Captain David Ejoor.

Middle Row standing: Lt Igboba,Lt George Kurubo, (non Nigerian standing next to Kurubo), Lt J Akaga,Lt Patrick Anwunah, Lt Louis Ogbonnia, Lt Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Lt Eyo Ekpo, Lt Arthur Unegbe, Lt Abogo Largema

Back Row: Lt Hilary Njoku, 2nd Lt Nzefili, 2nd Lt Ogunenwe, 2nd Lt Shadrak, Lt Madiebo,2nd Lt Anthony Eze, Lt Yakubu Gowon, 2nd Lt Sylvanus Nwanjei,Lt Yakubu Pam, 2nd Lt Hassan Katsina.

Those not in the picture are Captain Kur Mohammed,Lt Victor Banjo and Lt Michael Okwechime

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by zendy: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
To the best of my knowledge, only 5 people in this picture are still alive (Although I could be wrong) . I think that Madiebo,Adebayo,David Ejoor,Conrad Nwawo and Yakubu Gowon are all still alive and in their 80's.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
Very good!!!
Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by IKJ66(m): 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
this pics got me lolz coz of their short nicker

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by omololu2020(m): 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hmmm.ftc

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by Adetula1(m): 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
May God bless and continue to protect, strengthen the great Nigerian army

10 Likes

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by SirHouloo(m): 6:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
Do that uniform bring fear into people's heart like this present one? To me, I think it would have been laughter.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
Adeyinka Robert Adebayo is the oldest surviving general. He is the Chairman of the Governing Council of the University of Ibadan, Ibadan.

12 Likes

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by Fash20: 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
Military

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by motherlode: 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
God bless our dear country Nigeria and the Nigerian army!
Out of all, i only know two undecided i.e. Late ojukwu, and gen. Yakubu Gowon. cheesy pardon me it should be included in history textbooks, if i may be right?
Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
This was when men were men!

That period when soldiers were injected with courage!

5 Likes

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by musiwa97: 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
This picture is not 1959.. This picture was 1963.

General Forster left and ironsi was made head by azikiwe. This picture was taken during the sendforth of General Forster

13 Likes

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by Duru1(m): 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
musiwa97:

General Forster left and ironsi was made head by azikiwe. This picture was taken during the sendforth of General Forster

The picture is correctly dated and it was not 1963. I suggest you do not confuse Maj. Gen. Christopher Welby-Everard with General Forster.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by Duru1(m): 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
Also missing was Lt Francis Fajuiyi.

7 Likes

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by peleson: 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
This is history

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by bonbayk: 1:38am On May 04, 2015
Col Conrad Nwawo is alive...his 91 yrs Old, the non Nigerian was then known as Lt Titus Malonge (a Cameroonian, Now late), photograph was taken in June 1959 in Lagos, Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by Nobody: 1:47am On May 04, 2015
That's when quota system was absent. See how Easterners dominated.

19 Likes

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by wadetaw202: 1:56am On May 04, 2015
new2020:
That's when quota system was absent. See how Easterners dominated.

The tribal bigot is here again!

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by Nobody: 1:56am On May 04, 2015
Fajuiyi is missing...
Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by Nobody: 1:57am On May 04, 2015
dont mind him... he is just a stup.id small boy.

wadetaw202:

The tribal bigot is here again!

8 Likes

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by tyrannysucks: 2:07am On May 04, 2015
You don't know General Welby-Everard and you don't know the context of what happened, yet you accuse Zik based on spurious gossip and an no fact! It's a shame!!!

musiwa97:

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by ki02020(m): 2:10am On May 04, 2015
Speechless.....

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by tyrannysucks: 2:13am On May 04, 2015
Thanks for your advice on the other thread! I was banned by the auto spam bot for correcting someone who placed an inflammatory topic without source! And guess what? I was not rude to the guy, just drew his attention to the gravity of the matter! Check:

https://www.nairaland.com/2292099/bad-news-ebola-now-sexually#33384046

It's sooo annoying!!! Especially when I found that after Ishilove highlighted your comment and made an addendum, my thread was closed without allowing me to make a rebuttal or clarification. In what way was my thread an aberration

teeowl:
dont mind him... he is just a stup.id small boy.

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by tpiadotcom: 2:15am On May 04, 2015
Interesting.
Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by Nobody: 2:15am On May 04, 2015
How many days were you banned? If it is too long, you might have to call the attention of Se.un by sending him a private message...

tyrannysucks:
Thanks for your advice on the other thread! I was banned by the auto spam bot for correcting someone who placed an inflammatory topic without source! And guess what? I was not rude to the guy, just drew his attention to the gravity of the matter! Check:

https://www.nairaland.com/2292099/bad-news-ebola-now-sexually#33384046

It's sooo annoying!!! Especially when I found that after Ishilove highlighted your comment and made an addendum, my thread was closed without allowing me to make a rebuttal or clarification. In what way was my thread an aberration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by tyrannysucks: 2:19am On May 04, 2015
I didn't bother checking, but if I have to go to Seun to seek redress on a matter as simple as this, then what are the moderators for? I assume they were appointed to make his job easier!!!

teeowl:
How many days were you banned? If it is too long, you might have to call the attention of Se.un by sending him a private message...

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by Nobody: 2:22am On May 04, 2015
Check first, if it is just 1 or 2 days, then let it pass. If is too long, then go to Se.un.

tyrannysucks:
I didn't bother checking, but if I have to go to Seun to seek redress on a matter as simple as this, then what are the moderators for? I assume they were appointed to make his job easier!!!

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by tyrannysucks: 2:24am On May 04, 2015
Thanks a lot!!!

teeowl:
Check first, if it is just 1 or 2 days, then let it pass. If is too long, then go to Se.un.

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by Nobody: 2:26am On May 04, 2015
So Ojukwu was senior to Gowon afterall, hmmm.

I also thought northerners claimed the Igbos dominated the military in the first republic, hmmm.

A good mathematician in the house should please help me count igbo names in that pic undecided
Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by Nobody: 2:34am On May 04, 2015
Ojukwu was on the same rank as Gowon... but I think he joined the military a month earlier than Gowon. In the listings before the picture, you can see that both of them are Lieutenants.

IdiAmin1:
So Ojukwu was senior to Gowon afterall, hmmm.

I also thought northerners claimed the Igbos dominated the military in the first republic, hmmm.

A good mathematician in the house should please help me count igbo names in that pic undecided

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by Nobody: 2:47am On May 04, 2015
teeowl:
Ojukwu was on the same rank as Gowon... but I think he joined the military a month earlier than Gowon. In the listings before the picture, you can see that both of them are Lieutenants.

I noticed bro, by standing in the third row, I knew there was a little seniority in play.

But seriously, even a salary of 1million naira won't make me wear that "COURTMA" uniform grin
Re: Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers by raumdeuter: 3:02am On May 04, 2015
Some of these fine officers were killed by those bastardss that planned the January 15 1966 coups

None of Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna were in his picture

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bokom Haram: Governor Zulum Shielded From Gunshots / Nyesom Wike Wins 8 LGAs In Rivers, Awara 2 / How To Print Your Improved NIN Slip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.