Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Chapman : How To Make Chapman (nigerian Special Cocktail) --photos - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chapman : How To Make Chapman (nigerian Special Cocktail) --photos (5102 Views)

How To Make Chapman Drink / How To Make Chapman / How Do I Make Chapman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chapman : How To Make Chapman (nigerian Special Cocktail) --photos by barryzkween(f): 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nigerian Chapman is to Nigeria, as Sangria is to Spain&Portugal.
Even though both cocktails are almost alike, Nigerian Chapman has a unique zesty taste which makes it stand out from other drinks.

Chapman is one of Nigeria's popular and most sort after drinks and isalso easy to prepare, here's how to do it.

Ingredients for Nigerian Chapman

This makes 4 (150ml) Tall glasses

- 33 cl(330ml) Fanta (chilled)
- 33cl (330ml) Sprite (chilled)
- 4 to 5 tablespoonful Ribena or Blackcurrant or Grenadine syrup(enough to give the Chapman its unique ''reddish-pink'' color)
- A quarter teaspoon Angostura aromatic bitters
- 12 to 15 Ice cubes( Or more)
- 1 Lemon (or to taste)
- 1 Orange (or to taste)
- 1 small Cucumber (or to taste)
- Tall glasses, tumblers or cocktail glasses for serving

Tip: to prepare Nigerian Chapman for kids you can omit the angostura bitters because it contains 45% alcohol.
If you can't find Angostura bitters, make use of Peychaud’s bitters or Orange bitters.

Preparation:

1a. Before you make Chapman, make sure you have all the ingredients ready.
- First, prepare the ice cubes or ice block.
- Slice your lemon, orange and cucumber into rounds or quarters and set aside.

1b. In a glass jug or bowl, pour in the ice cubes then add the Fanta and Sprite and mix together.

2. Add a tablespoonful of Grenadine syrup or Ribena or blackcurrant(this is what gives the Nigerian Chapman its reddish-pink color).

3. Add the Angostura aromatic bitters, mix well, and finally add the lemon, cucumber and orange slices and serve in a tumbler or cocktail glass with a straw.

Tips for preparing Nigerian Chapman
- The drink should be made and served immediately because the ice cubes tends to dissolve and dilute the drink, making the drink watery and kinda tasteless.
- The fizz (effervescence) from the carbonated drinks(fanta&sprite) also adds to the unique taste of the drink and if left for a long time,the drinks will lose all that gas.
- Add the Angostura aromatic bitters bit by bit, until you get your desired taste.
- See more at: http://www.citinewstv.com/2014/12/chapman-how-to-make-chapman-nigerian.html#sthash.nV7foGVl.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Chapman : How To Make Chapman (nigerian Special Cocktail) --photos by tempest01(m): 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nice..... Will try it out

1 Like

Re: Chapman : How To Make Chapman (nigerian Special Cocktail) --photos by babythug(f): 4:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
I tried this out once, it was nice but unfortunately the ice blocks melted before we were ready to serve and the drink turned out tasteless!

Trick i have learnt is to make it and add the ice blocks only at the point of serving it

2 Likes

Re: Chapman : How To Make Chapman (nigerian Special Cocktail) --photos by Fahdehkemmy(f): 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
babythug:
I tried this out once, it was nice but unfortunately the ice blocks melted before we were ready to serve and the drink turned out tasteless!

Trick i have learnt is to make it and add the ice blocks only at the point of serving it
How about preparing it first,den refridgerate it...will it still retain its taste?

1 Like

Re: Chapman : How To Make Chapman (nigerian Special Cocktail) --photos by pretydiva(f): 11:39am On Dec 24, 2014
Nice 1. Fnks 4 ur sharing @ op..pls mod fp.wil definitely try it @ hm..pls op were can I get d angostura bitters,peychaud's bitter or d orange bitter 2 buy?
Re: Chapman : How To Make Chapman (nigerian Special Cocktail) --photos by marquiseT(f): 5:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
Will try it out,where can I get ango.... Bitter
Re: Chapman : How To Make Chapman (nigerian Special Cocktail) --photos by barryzkween(f): 3:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
marquiseT:
Will try it out,where can I get ango.... Bitter
[quote author=pretydiva post=29160881]Nice 1. Fnks 4 ur sharing @ op..pls mod fp.wil definitely try it @ hm..pls op were can I get d angostura bitters,peychaud's bitter or d orange bitter 2 buy?[/quote

Its available @ Shoprite
Re: Chapman : How To Make Chapman (nigerian Special Cocktail) --photos by pretydiva(f): 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
[quote author=barryzkween post=29218181][/quote]i am base in benin..dunno if u no anywhere I can get it here in benin
Re: Chapman : How To Make Chapman (nigerian Special Cocktail) --photos by marquiseT(f): 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
[quote author=barryzkween post=29218181][/quote]

Thank you for the prompt response
Re: Chapman : How To Make Chapman (nigerian Special Cocktail) --photos by cava: 10:37am On Dec 28, 2014
if u cannot afford the angostura bitters, u can use alomo bitters, campari bitters or aperito bitters. they are as goods as angustura
Re: Chapman : How To Make Chapman (nigerian Special Cocktail) --photos by babythug(f): 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
Fahdehkemmy:

How about preparing it first,den refridgerate it...will it still retain its taste?

If/when the ice blocks melt, it dilutes the taste of the drink, so my suggestion is still to prepare it, refrigerate and add ice cubes when you are ready to serve.

(1) (Reply)

See The Best Way To Serve Your Man Breakfast. (photo) / The English Name For Agbalumo/udara / Used sugar,Rice,flour Sack For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.