Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,912 members, 7,806,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

10 Life Lessons I Have Learnt From Observing Our President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Life Lessons I Have Learnt From Observing Our President (483 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Observing Tanzanian Presidential Election Held Today (Photos) / Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Buhari Observing Eid Prayer In Daura (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Life Lessons I Have Learnt From Observing Our President by Ijebulogic(m): 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
These are the life lessons I have learnt from our commander-in-chief

1. I now believe that patience, loyalty and humility can take you to the highest level in your society, company or political life.
2. I have learnt that money does not guarantee competence
3. I have decided that before I teach my children about academic pursuits, I will teach them the basic principles of leadership and self-sacrifice
4. I will deepen my religious studies especially as it concerns the relationship between Christ and Judas the Disciple; realizing that the ones closest to you may be the ones doing you the most harm
5. I will pick advisers that have no "Personal Interest" in the outcome of policy decisions.
6. I will not listen to friends and family to assess how i'm performing - I will walk the streets, engage the common man and hear their cry
7. I will not respond to every single criticism thrown my way - the man on a mission does not stop at every junction to argue with madmen
8. I have learnt that propaganda as a political tool is no longer as powerful in this information age (twitter, blogs, etc) - the strongest popularity tool is concrete achievements - REAL achievements.
9. I am as powerful as the quality of advisers and spokesmen I surround myself with. Mediocre advisers = Mediocre performance
10. It is possible that in attempting to reward someone, we could promote them beyond their competency.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Life Lessons I Have Learnt From Observing Our President by naturally: 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
Good for you
Re: 10 Life Lessons I Have Learnt From Observing Our President by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
Goodluck 2 U

(1) (Reply)

Things Buhari Supports, And Opposes / Oshiomhole: Why PDP Must Go In 2015 / Electricity Improvement In Shasha Road Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.