Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers (9222 Views)

FG, Health Workers Fail To Reach Agreement As Strike Continues / All Health Workers Can Now Be Consultants-fg / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by bugs2: 5:51am On Dec 22, 2014
Health workers have threatened to stop all “skeletal and concessional services” in all healthcare facilities, after the federal government failed to attend a scheduled meeting between both sides on Monday.

The workers under the aegis of Joint Health Workers Union, told newsmen recently that the suspension of activity in the wake of the strike was to ensure “total compliance”, describing federal government’s attitude as “lack of commitment and seriousness.”

The association is demanding that the federal government implement agreements reached since 2009 and several rulings of the National Industrial Court in their favour.

The chairman of JOHESU, Comrade Ayuba Wabba said, that two previous meetings since the strike started on November 12 have been “without meaningful progress.

The union said key officials of the federal health ministry, from the minister and permanent secretary to directors “were conspicuously absent, thereby stalling the meeting.”

It has also accused government of threatening and intimidating its members, in effect pushing “double standards” different from how government treated doctors who went on strike earlier this year.
http://leadership.ng/news/396859/fg-meeting-deadlock-health-workers-vow-continue-strike-2

http://monitor9ja.com/2014/12/strike-continues-fg-meeting-ends-deadlock-health-workers/
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by datbay(m): 6:26am On Dec 22, 2014
This also shall pass....NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN and we shall hear of strikes no more.This is my prayer for my dear country.

7 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Realist5: 6:26am On Dec 22, 2014
Same old story. but why does this govt always resort to threat and intimidation? Applying force where its not necessary can not solve this problem. The best way to solve any issue is thru DIALOGUE not by intimidation, force or threat. Our govt officials have to know this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by jacabi(m): 6:27am On Dec 22, 2014
May God save the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by lionduke(m): 6:27am On Dec 22, 2014
We shall over come...
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Pillars1(m): 6:28am On Dec 22, 2014
You Guys(Health Workers) are trouble makers always playing with Life of Poor Peoples

2 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Agimor(m): 6:28am On Dec 22, 2014
Its quite annoying when the federal govt would sign a memoranda of understanding and at the long run failed to comply with what they signed.if they won't fulfil what they promise is better off they don't make promise at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Adyrin(m): 6:28am On Dec 22, 2014
Health workers striking more than universities these days.....
Diaris God..!
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by No12: 6:28am On Dec 22, 2014
God have mercy
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by bennygreat1(m): 6:29am On Dec 22, 2014
Hmmm..... Meeting still ending Deadlock
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by omenka(m): 6:30am On Dec 22, 2014
The health sectors is in complete tatters yet the minister of State for health had the presence of mind to give an award to the president for his unparalleled transformation of the sector.

Jonathan has a knack for selecting the worst crop of individuals to man posts in his administration. Sometimes I genuinely feel sorry for him.

6 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by wabuk(m): 6:30am On Dec 22, 2014
Thank God for the Long holiday

1 Like

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by DesChyko: 6:30am On Dec 22, 2014
D.I.Y., Jonathan.. D.I.Y.
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Larow(m): 6:30am On Dec 22, 2014
Hmmmmmm! As a die hard Igbo boy, I say; GEJ till 2019! Even though have not really felt ur impact, I don't care how much I suffer, as long as u are d one on that seat, no Problem. Na my mind I talk o. If u abuse me, wooooo!

2 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by lordmayor2013(m): 6:31am On Dec 22, 2014
Is strike the only language Jonathan understand?
Pls guyz lets vote this bastard out nd vote in Buhari2015

8 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by etim20(m): 6:31am On Dec 22, 2014
Stop all skeletal work now dont jos announce it.. They shudnt worry just few months ahead we will make it right with our votes.. Change is inevitable.

1 Like

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by emirateprince: 6:32am On Dec 22, 2014
Bad pig dig pig government, only knows how to raise billions to campaign for their own selfish interest

2 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by clemz88(m): 6:33am On Dec 22, 2014
Haa evry second new topic arrives
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by otagbuegede: 6:33am On Dec 22, 2014
Johesu should go nd sit down

10 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by gbodimowo(m): 6:33am On Dec 22, 2014
Once NMA joins you will know how far

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by DesChyko: 6:34am On Dec 22, 2014
jacabi:
May God save the masses.
Pillars1:
Hmm
Agimor:
K

It is quite sad that with how critical things are in the country, at 6:33am, people can still afford to be juvenile in their thinking and actions.

2 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by dridowu: 6:34am On Dec 22, 2014
Honestly we getting it wrong almost the time.
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Joshuadon: 6:35am On Dec 22, 2014
datbay:
This also shall pass....NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN and we shall hear of strikes no more.This is my prayer for my dear country.

My prayer too,however let's do the needful to avoid unnecessary throe
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by searay(m): 6:35am On Dec 22, 2014
Alright no problem
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by ajuma1015: 6:35am On Dec 22, 2014
sire

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by asodeboyede(m): 6:37am On Dec 22, 2014
Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put
on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city:
for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the
uncircumcised and the unclean.
Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O
Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck,
O captive daughter of Zion.
For thus saith the Lord, Ye have sold yourselves for
nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money.
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by dokiOloye(m): 6:37am On Dec 22, 2014
lordmayor2013:
Is strike the only language Jonathan understand?
Pls guyz lets vote this bastard out nd vote in Buhari2015
You call Ur president who is d symbol of Ur soverignity bastard,then d average white man or even our close neighbors,d south african sees that and treats U like a sub-bastard,since ur president is a bastard,U then start shouting racism.Ewu gambia,ikpu nne gi there.

3 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Shadyswag(m): 6:37am On Dec 22, 2014
C'mon health workers u guys are committing unforgivable robbery by going on dis strike cos innocent lives are lost to dis.
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by holatin(m): 6:37am On Dec 22, 2014
What are d health worker expecting before.
So they think, Jonathan will put their well being over his campaign agenda ?
I always say this and I would say again
JONATHAN DON'T VE A PINT OF COMPASSION FOR THE MASSES.
we voted him because he has no shoes but now he is trying to rob us of both our shoes and leg.

the only man that can rectify and solve all this nonsensical brouhaha is BUHARI.
so I stand before you this morning and I shouted
BUHARIIIIIIIIIIII
FOR
PRESIDENT

CHANGE !

9 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by edegbemario(m): 6:38am On Dec 22, 2014
grin
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Deiok(m): 6:38am On Dec 22, 2014
Fresh air indeed. Its time to vote out cluelessness and bring in credibility.
Vote General Buhari come feb. 2015

3 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Pajames4all: 6:38am On Dec 22, 2014
I,going

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lassa Fever Critics Leave Ebonyi State Government Alone / Get Rid Of Cancer Naturally With Rain Soul / Ogun State Discharges Three Coronavirus Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.