Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,080 members, 7,807,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 (888 Views)

Obasanjo’s Book "My Watch" About Atiku / Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book / Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 22, 2014
Pirated copies of former president, Olusegun Obasanjo's controversial autobiography titled 'My Watch' have flooded the street of Lagos state, selling for as low as N7,000. The development came after a Federal Capital Territory High Court judge, Justice Valentine Ashi, ordered that security agents, including the police and Men of the Department of State Service, should confiscate all copies of the book.

Our correspondent learnt that Obasanjo's original book which has three volumes, costs about N15,000, while the pirated copy which has two volumes, costs less half the price and comes in a white cover as opposed to the orignal yellow and brown.

Our Correspondent who spoke to hawkers selling the book on the Maryland and Opebi areas of the state, was told that Obasanjo's original book had become scarce.

One of the Traders who spoke to our Correspondent on Opebi Road, said traders knew the original would become scarce after a court ordered its seizure and so pirates seized the opportunity to make money.

He said, "My friend, you know this book is illegal now and we are even taking a huge risk selling it. The controversy in the pages of the book and controversy that it has continued to generate in society have made it a best seller".

"I usually sell it between N11,000 and N7,000 depending on the negotiating power of the customer".
When asked where he usually get the books from he said "you want to spoil my market? Of course i can't tell you."

Obasanjo's book which centres on his life in the military, as a democratic president and after office, became a legal issue shorty before its publication when the Chairman Organisation and Mobilisation Committee of the People Democratic Party in the south-west, Buruji kashamu, took the matter to court in an attempt to prevent Obasanjo from launching the book.

However, Obasanjo on December 9, 2014, went ahead to publish the book and the judge ordered the book be confiscated.

www.punchng.com/pirated-copies-of-obasanjos-book-sell-for-n7000/

Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 22, 2014
We know them. They will attack the book and the man online but offline na quick business for them. Summrize the 3volumes into 1,pirate it, and make quick sales. All na business.
Besides if sss think say they can stop the circulation of the hard copies for this lawless country they are on a long thing.

2 Likes

Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by holatin(m): 8:17am On Dec 22, 2014
wao dat book go sell like pure water.

That book deserve an award.
My watch aka waterloo for......
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 22, 2014
4bobo:
We know them. They will attack the book and the man online but offline na quick business for them. Summrize the 3volumes into 1,pirate it, and make quick sales. All na business.
Besides if sss think say they can stop the circulation of the hard copies for this lawless country they are on a long thing.

true talk ma bro
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 22, 2014
holatin:
wao dat book go sell like pure water.

That book deserve an award.
My watch aka waterloo for......

e don already sell pass pure water,even pass recharge card self....
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by holatin(m): 8:37am On Dec 22, 2014
2undexy:

hahahahaha
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 22, 2014
holatin:
hahahahaha

yes oo, ma bro
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by Rilwayne001: 9:08am On Dec 22, 2014
grin
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by Rilwayne001: 9:10am On Dec 22, 2014
2undexy:

Recharge card is not fast selling as pure water, especially with the hot weather of this country. grin
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 22, 2014
i like to read dat book o
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 22, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Recharge card is not fast selling as pure water, especially with the hot weather of this country. grin

who told u dhat
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by oziegbe2015: 10:10am On Dec 22, 2014
Pdp and their problems. Vote for change buhari2015
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by Rilwayne001: 10:29am On Dec 22, 2014
2undexy:

who told u dhat

Because pure water nylon is always seen littered the street of lagos much more than recharge card papers. grin
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 22, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Because pure water nylon is always seen littered the street of lagos much more than recharge card papers. grin

bro make i tell u, afta garri na recharge dey sell pass 4 naija..

85% of Nigerians uses fone and recharge card is sold 4 at least 100,compared 2 N5 sachet water popularly known as pure water. Moreover,almost 40% of Nigerian hav a fridge,buh 4 recharge cards, their is no alternative.
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo's Book Sell For N7,000 by Rilwayne001: 11:36am On Dec 22, 2014
2undexy:

bro make i tell u, afta garri na recharge dey sell pass 4 naija..

85% of Nigerians uses fone and recharge card is sold 4 at least 100,compared 2 N5 sachet water popularly known as pure water. Moreover,almost 40% of Nigerian hav a fridge,buh 4 recharge cards, their is no alternative.

But one can drink 5 sachet pure water a day, but can recharge only onxe a day grin.

Like me now, i take 6PW per day, and recharge my phone only twice in a week...grin grin LMAO

(1) (Reply)

Full Meaning Of Jonathan And Buhari / Buhari Went To Church Because He Want Vote - Hypocrisy / APC Presidential Rally In C/river State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.