Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song (3015 Views)

Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. / Pastor Dies On Pulpit After Giving Powerful Sermon / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by roqrules04(m): 8:28am On Dec 22, 2014
Sunday, 21 December 2014
Pastor Drops Dead in Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘Happy’ Song

Pastor Gordon A. Humphrey of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church of Chicago dropped dead in the pulpit after singing the well-loved song, Happy by Pharrell Williams.  Paramedics were called as church members that are in the medical field tried to revive their 60-year-old pastor.

Pastor Gordon A. Humphrey of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church of Chicago dropped dead in the pulpit after singing the well-loved song, Happy by Pharrell Williams. Paramedics were called as church members that are in the medical field tried to revive their 60-year-old pastor. He was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead. Pastor Humphrey had three churches under his wing at his time of death; two in California and one in Chicago. Humphrey’s mentee, Pastor Greg Hunter, said his pastor died doing what he loved. This is where the church is putting the emphasis surrounding his untimely passing. He enjoyed preaching and singing and always gave his all when doing so. Hunter added: He brought all people together. For years he walked the streets and met with drug addicts and gangbangers that had been enemies and made them begin to love.

Source:
http://kolawolesamuel..com/2014/12/pastor-drops-dead-in-pulpit-after.html?m=1

Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Theolar247(m): 8:43am On Dec 22, 2014
RIP pastor
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 22, 2014
RIP
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by echobee(f): 8:57am On Dec 22, 2014
Rest in peace sir cry
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 22, 2014
What a place to spend your last minute sad

Rest in the bossom of your lord siresad
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by kevoh(m): 9:56am On Dec 22, 2014
Cardiac Arrest maybe? undecided
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by asalimpo(m): 10:14am On Dec 22, 2014
did the song hav somthing to do with his demise? Is pharrel william's happy a christian song?
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Ymodulus: 10:17am On Dec 22, 2014
Elantracey:
What a place to spend your last minute sad

Rest in the bossom of your lord siresad

Are you serious?

Christians are funny, when something good Happen the attribute it to their supreme illusory creator but when that happening is bad they try to wave it off in a resonating manner.

Another reason I ask myself if the God the Pastor worshipped is a God of Love while kill a man when he his worshipping you.

Religion is just an Illusion

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by roqrules04(m): 10:23am On Dec 22, 2014
Guess the pastor has Health issues b4
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

Are you serious?

Christians are funny, when something good Happen the attribute it to their supreme illusory creator but when that happening is bad they try to wave it off in a resonating manner.

Another reason I ask myself if the God the Pastor worshipped is a God of Love while kill a man when he his worshipping you.

First who told you God killed him ? , secondly even if God did , do you know the reason why? Do you know whether he was going to make a deadly mistake the minute that could make him lose focus and then take him to hell making all his years of labour go to waste? For your information that man has lost nothing at because of his death , it's the world and the church that has lost a great treasure .

There's a reason for everything , you don't know whether God warned him about something before then , you are not even certain what caused Hus death so why blame it on God?

Yea religion is an illusion but Christianity isn't .
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Ymodulus: 10:55am On Dec 22, 2014
Elantracey:

First who told you God killed him ?
In line with the christian / his beliefs, he was killed by his God.

The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up. - 1 Samuel 2:6

secondly even if God did , do you know the reason why?
What reason could justify the death of his supposed worshiper or follower. If he his God supreme has he his presented, no reason should warrant him take his followers life.

Do you know whether he was going to make a deadly mistake the minute that could make him lose focus and then take him to hell making all his years of labour go to waste?

Lol!!
You are a comedian Tracey. Deadly Mistake? why is it you christian always try to justify the actions of your God even when its clear such actions are act of wickedness. Madam your God kills at will, cause he his blood thirsty.

For your information that man has lost nothing at because of his death , it's the world and the church that has lost a great treasure .

The world never lost a treasure. When you talk of the death of personalities such as Nelson Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson etc. There its safe to say the world lost a treasure

There's a reason for everything , you don't know whether God warned him about something before then , you are not even certain what caused Hus death so why blame it on God?

Still trying to justify the wrong doings of your god.
Yea religion is an illusion but Christianity isn't
can you prove this?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Donsheddy: 11:05am On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

Are you serious?

The truth is that it was his time to go home and God called him to rest.
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Ymodulus: 11:07am On Dec 22, 2014
Donsheddy:

The truth is that it was his time to go home and God called him to rest.
Is that the best reply you can give? I hope you know your reply portrays your God as a wicked God?

What determines the time an individual dies.
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:
In line with the christian / his beliefs, he was killed by his God.

you can't prove that or can you?

The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up. - 1 Samuel 2:6

What reason could justify the death of his supposed worshiper or follower. If he his God supreme has he his presented, no reason should warrant him take his followers life.

So you're saying it's better for all his years of labour and Christian faith to go to waste instead of him to just go and rest?

Lol!!
You are a comedian Tracey. Deadly Mistake? why is it you christian always try to justify the actions of your God even when its clear such actions are act of wickedness. Madam your God kills at will, cause he his blood thirsty.

lol, am not justifying anything , am only refuting a claim you can't even prove .

The world never lost a treasure. When you talk of the death of personalities such as Nelson Mandela, Obama, Michael Jackson etc. There its safe to say the world lost a treasure

Do you know the number of lives he has turned and the impart he has made in them? I guess you have no idea. Did you just mention Michael Jackson ? That's funny .

Still trying to justify the wrong doings of your god.

can you prove this?

of course I can .
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by obiZEAL(m): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2014
...i just the wait for the people wey go come blame 'illuminati'
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Ymodulus: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2014
Elantracey:

you can't prove that or can you?
Did you see my scriptural citing? ( The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up. - 1 Samuel 2:6 )

Also in the bible book of Job, Satan was said to ask permission from God to punish Job, satan knew God had a protection around Job who was his faithful. From the story we can safely say God here allowed his faithful Pastor to drop dead.

So you're saying it's better for all his years of labour and Christian faith to go to waste instead of him to just go and rest?

1. What makes you feel he labored?
2. What makes you feel he his a christian?
3. What makes you feel he was killed by the death loving God on base of the reasons you gave?

lol, am not justifying anything , am only refuting a claim you can't even prove .
No you weren't. The former was the case here.

Do you know the number of lives he has turned and the impart he has made in them? I guess you have no idea. Did you just mention Michael Jackson ? That's funny
Scam, scam. Impacted what?

You cant compare the death of Michael Jackson to the death of this charlatan. When people like Michael dies, its safe to say the world losses a treasure.
of course I can .
Do

1 Like

Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by lastmessenger: 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

Are you serious?

Yes it was God that saved you from succeding in you suicide attempt. You need to Thank God for saving your sorry ass.
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by ylordy(m): 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

Are you serious?

thank you for saying religion
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Ymodulus: 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2014
lastmessenger:

Yes it was God that saved you from succeding in you suicide attempt. You need to Thank God for saving your sorry ass.
Mr its seems you didnt get me. There is no God.

After many years of atheism, I have nothing to regret and everything to enjoy. This is the nihility of God. - Ooman
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by ooman(m): 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

Mr its seems you didnt get me. There is no God.

After many years of atheism, I have nothing to regret and everything to enjoy. This is the nihility of God. - Ooman

cheesy
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Ymodulus: 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
ylordy:
thank you for saying religion
Christianity is also a religion

1 Like

Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Ymodulus: 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
ooman:

cheesy
Love the quote.
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Donsheddy: 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

Is that the best reply you can give? I hope you know your reply portrays your God as a wicked God?

What determines the time an individual dies.
Thats not true. He is not a wicked God because he is the one that gave you the life your living and he knows exactly when to call you back home.
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Ymodulus: 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
Donsheddy:

Thats not true. He is not a wicked God because he is the one that gave you the life your living and he knows exactly when to call you back home.

You have no proof to your statement. Or can you prove your assertion? Do so if yes

1 Like

Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by ylordy(m): 4:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

Christianity is also a religion
Christianity is never a religion
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Ymodulus: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
ylordy:
Christianity is never a religion
Then what is it?
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by ylordy(m): 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

Then what is it?
is divinity in humanity,is a relation between a believer and God through Jesus Christ . Christianity was coined from Christ it means Christ-like
Re: Pastor Drops Dead In Pulpit After Singing Pharrell’s ‘happy’ Song by Donsheddy: 5:56pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

You have no proof to your statement. Or can you prove your assertion? Do so if yes
how did you come into existense?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Emergency Telephone Numbers In The Holy Quran / I Think God Is The Devil. Here Is Why! / Jesoul A Moderator ? How, When , Why ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.