Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,140 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Why I May Not Marry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I May Not Marry (2105 Views)

I Am Slim With Big Boobs But Afraid I May Grow Fat Later (here Is A Pic Of Me) / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / The Effects Of Dating Who You'll Not Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I May Not Marry by seeu(m): 6:53pm On Dec 09, 2008
I had thought to make my wedding day an extraordinary one.  I had big plans for it because few of my friends that wedded had it in bigger styles but all my plans failed abruptly and life is no longer moving as expected.  I attended friends wedding and mine cannot be different because all my friends are expecting it big from me. 

A project I got myself involved fired back against me and things went wrong, cash drained in the process.  My fiancé is not happy with the decision I have taken and she wants both of us to go ahead with the marriage as planned.   To her, I should forget about competing with my friends. 

I have told her that, I might forget about marriage because I have no interest in any marriage due to condition of things.  Please, I need your opinion because friends expect more from me and I don’t want to put myself in shame.
Re: Why I May Not Marry by chika98: 6:58pm On Dec 09, 2008
Then please dont get married. What are you 8? A grown man won't worry about meeting up to standards when it comes to friends. Na wa
Re: Why I May Not Marry by OBVIOUS(m): 7:05pm On Dec 09, 2008
Nigerians and unnecessary competition. Wonders shall never end.

There are people in Nigeria who don't have food to eat and u're here wondering on how to compete with your friends for a big wedding. If you can't afford it, you can't.  Like chika98 said, are you 8 ?
Re: Why I May Not Marry by Muza(m): 3:37am On Dec 10, 2008
na you sabi grin
Re: Why I May Not Marry by smurf1(f): 3:43am On Dec 10, 2008
Hehehehehe, what ever rocks your boat fella, afterall ur going to be sailing in it alone, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I May Not Marry by Akinagirl(f): 3:44am On Dec 10, 2008
I guess he is 8. because a grown man would understand that marriage aint all about the wedding day. Its about being with the woman/man that you truly love and care about. though the good and bad times. Really poster, you cant be serious.
Re: Why I May Not Marry by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 10, 2008
seeu:

I had thought to make my wedding day an extraordinary one. I had big plans for it because few of my friends that wedded had it in bigger styles but all my plans failed abruptly and life is no longer moving as expected. I attended friends wedding and mine cannot be different because all my friends are expecting it big from me.

A project I got myself involved fired back against me and things went wrong, cash drained in the process. My fiancé is not happy with the decision I have taken and she wants both of us to go ahead with the marriage as planned. To her, I should forget about competing with my friends.

I have told her that, I might forget about marriage because I have no interest in any marriage due to condition of things. Please, I need your opinion because friends expect more from me and I don’t want to put myself in shame.

Bulls**t!!!
Re: Why I May Not Marry by CrazyMan(m): 10:37am On Dec 10, 2008
My dear marriage is more than just money. Have you thought of how your fiance would feel if you call it off? Do you know the kind of emotional and physical heart beak you're putting her into, I know you need cash, but you must understand that there are some people who don't even have a penney but because of the love they have for each other, they still get married. So do a rethink and come up with a better idea.
Re: Why I May Not Marry by spikedcylinder: 10:51am On Dec 10, 2008
You really don't want to get married and you should tell your wife to be just that. All this reasons you are giving are just lame a$$ excuses to avoid getting married. Be mature and embrace honesty. undecided
Re: Why I May Not Marry by LordReed(m): 11:18am On Dec 10, 2008
@Poster
U want wat u want n there's no denying it. It's gud to know u planned well for it but it tumbled over unfortunately but u can not say u won't get married again dat is childish.
Wat u need to do is replan the wedding day maybe wit a smaller budget; wit gud planning u just mite be able to bring out the effect u desire so don't throw ur hands up in despair and think it's over.

1 Like

Re: Why I May Not Marry by Easybaby(f): 11:19am On Dec 10, 2008
Good for you grin grin grin
Re: Why I May Not Marry by Dbaby4: 11:25am On Dec 10, 2008
I dont think u know what marriage entails, its not all about the wedding day Bro tongue
Re: Why I May Not Marry by zeal500: 11:26am On Dec 10, 2008
@poster you are a big fool
Re: Why I May Not Marry by richo2: 11:28am On Dec 10, 2008
@poster
dnt u think tellin ur fiancee dat u wunt marry her because u dnt have money to impress your friends will break her heart?  angry angry
walahi i suppose come ya house with bulahlah (horse whip)
Re: Why I May Not Marry by kanayo74(m): 11:33am On Dec 10, 2008
you are not competing with anyone.

if they are really your friends they should understand that things just got rough for u and they should rally round u now.

go ahead with your wedding plans, you don't have to be a millionaire to get married.

there is more to the wedding than the party.

u should not have a lavish party and go hungry after that.

just take it easy and get married if not for anything for your wife to be since she understands your predicament from your story

you will be happier if you do

remember that there is a blessing that goes with marriage

for he that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favour from the lord
Re: Why I May Not Marry by MrCrackles(m): 11:39am On Dec 10, 2008
Only go into marriage when you are ready!

You dont want to be pressured to rush in because you would only end up rushing out!!

Goodluck
Re: Why I May Not Marry by origina9ja(f): 11:48am On Dec 10, 2008
our brother in the lord
Pastor, elder, speaker, minister, priest, Mr-Crackles have spoken well
Re: Why I May Not Marry by tRoOE(f): 3:16am On Dec 11, 2008
[size=13pt]@poster
You are no husband material, so free your fiancé
What your wife to be wants is a Man not a someone acting like a big boy in town
[/size]
Re: Why I May Not Marry by StephenP(m): 3:27am On Dec 11, 2008
You actually shouldn't marry because to you it's a competition not the fact that you are being joined with the one you love.
Re: Why I May Not Marry by seeu(m): 7:50am On Dec 15, 2008
@all,

I thank you all for your contributions but the one that said "I'am a big fool," should ask himself if he is worthy of being here like others. I have a plan for my wedding and after it but situation of things has forced me to give up any idea of getting married now. Though, I feel for my fiance who had already told some of his friends and members of her family that plans were in place to get wedded in 3 to 4 months time. But, she has to endure it, such is life.
Re: Why I May Not Marry by origina9ja(f): 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2008
make up your mind jare
gud luck
Re: Why I May Not Marry by richo2: 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2008
seeu:

@all,

I thank you all for your contributions but the one that said "I'am a big fool," should ask himself if he is worthy of being here like others. I have a plan for my wedding and after it but situation of things has forced me to give up any idea of getting married now. Though, I feel for my fiance who had already told some of his friends and members of her family that plans were in place to get wedded in 3 to 4 months time. But, she has to endure it, such is life.

wait, na guy abi girl u de marry sef? undecided
Re: Why I May Not Marry by Kindy: 12:43pm On Dec 16, 2008
Hey, the truth is that you "Seeu" don't love ur fiancee (the way I see it), cos if you do you wouldn't think dis way. Are you marrying your friends or your wife (answer me).
MY ADVICE: Please, make do with wat you have and GO AHEAD with your marriage plans. You still have more opportunities to make THINGS BIG , such as:
(1) YOUR CHILD DEDICATION
(2) YOUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, etc.

Go ahead with your marriage and God will see you thru. Who knows along the line (a week or 3 days to your wedding), Luck will shine on you. MAKE A MOVE FIRST AND GOD WILL SEE YOU THRU.

Kindest Regards.
Kindy
Re: Why I May Not Marry by carnal: 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2008
@seeu when it was time for me to wed my wife,i don;t even have money to buy wedding dresses talk more of to feed even 50 guests but all i did was switch the little i had on me to the traditional wedding,though still came out very small but with the Grace of God 4 years after i think i can afford to re-wed her in any part of the world right now if i so choose to ,so my advise is -it does not matter how you started the most important is the luck and happiness the marriage will bring for you.
Re: Why I May Not Marry by smooooooth: 2:07pm On Dec 16, 2008
the real marriage is what takes place after the ceremony

so if your GF is right for you, i suggest you marry her ang

forget whatever stupid competition u have with your friends

cos at the end, if their Wives aint as good as your, then their

marriage sucks with all the big ceremony. and bear in mind that

you may loose your GF for something this worthless. and please

elaborate weddings are outta of fashion, just make it decent and

nice. and u guys get on to the challenges of the real thing. goodluck.
Re: Why I May Not Marry by TFire2: 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2008
I suggest you should not get married because you still have a long way in life. Competition? You are right. The girl should be the one worried about the size of wedding and not you.Are you trading place with your wife to be? Grow up please.
Re: Why I May Not Marry by mamlaka(m): 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2008
I go by the manual;

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Gen 2:18 (KJV)

If it's not good for a man to be alone then it is an evil !

It's not money marrying, it is the two of you. I hardly spent any cash when I got married.

Everything was all set by God:

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
Matt 22:2 (KJV)
Re: Why I May Not Marry by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2008
whao, you really have a long way to go man, if that's your reason for not getting married.
Re: Why I May Not Marry by omega25red(m): 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2008
This guy is more of a bridezilla than his fiancee.
Re: Why I May Not Marry by PowerfullK(f): 8:45pm On Dec 17, 2008
Is better to be your self, did you and your friends came to this word same day, {I WILL BUILD MY HOUSE LIKE LAGBAJA} if carefull not taken you will never lay a block, U better Tell the truth U still want enjoy the street small.
Re: Why I May Not Marry by ndumart: 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2008
marriage aint competition. Go into it when u are ready. However a society wedding like u may be planning is not a guarantee of a successful marriage
Re: Why I May Not Marry by bluespice(f): 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2008
its a girl!
the poster is female i find it almost impossible to imagine a guy thinking like this
no offence to the ladies i'm one but this is most common with ladies never heard of a guy like this undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akon Commit A Crime>>>>>>>>>>>>>>check Out And Judge,who F / Lagos Boys Vs Abuja Boys / Cant Be Arsed! - What To Do In This Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.