Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses (22526 Views)

Popular Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How They Were Disvirgined / Celebrities Reveal The Craziest Things Their Fans Ever Did To Them / Nigerian Actresses And Their Spouses ( Pictures ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by lalasticlala(m): 11:05am On Dec 22, 2014
Nigerian celebrities at one time or the had to reveal how they met their spouses in various interviews.

OLU JACOBS & JOKE SILVER: We Met At The National Theatre

"I met my husband at the National Theatre while we were rehearsing for Jero’s Metamorphosis by Professor Wole Soyinka in 1981.
I was to play Sister Rubeka and he was playing the role of Prophet Jero and, at the same time co-directing the play. That was where we met.
"He was one of the top African actors in England at that time, whether on stage or on screen. He was the talk of the town. So, I was looking forward to meeting him; when I finally saw him, he was quite a handsome man.

Our first meeting, if I could remember vividly, I went to call Miss Ene to come and watch ourrehearsal. They were in a production meeting, and, when I entered the office, the first thing he uttered was, “This is the woman I am going to marry.”
When I left the office, I said to myself, `How can anybody say it just like that?’ He always insisted that I eyed him every now and then. We started out as very good friends. Four years later we got married. We met in 1981 and married in 1985." Joke said.

2SHOTZ & PRECIOUS: We Met On Twitter

How did you meet? (Asked By Punch)

2shotz: I went to see her at a restaurant in Ajao Estate, Lagos. We had been talking on phone for a while before then.We ate, I went to drop her at home. Her family and friends knew who I was. Apparently, she did not know me until they started to hail me. Later, we went to a bar, had drinks there and we just clicked. It was not planned neither did I have it in mind that this was what I wanted to do. At that time, I was not trying to be in a relationship.

Precious:I met him on Twitter. I can’t remember who followed who first, but I remember he put up a picture of his apartment and I commented without knowing who he was. He thanked me and we got talking. We moved the conversation from Twitter to phone, then to Skype. I was in Ireland, came to Nigeria for Christmas and we met in person.

MERCY JOHNSON & PRINCE OKOJIE: We Met On A Flight

Mercy told BellaNaija:

*When did you meet him and how did the love spark between both of you?

"I met him in 2009. We had met before on a flight and I didn’t remember but we met again in 2009. He is a good person. I can’t really tell how it started. We kinda clicked and started dating just about the same month and it feels like we’ve been married for four years because since we met, we’ve been really into each other we’ve been really close.

*He must have known you were an actress then.How did this affect the way you started off your relationship?

"Yes he did, but he didn’t know I was that big because he didn’t really follow the movie industry. Sometimes you meet some guys and they get intimidated about you but not with him. The first time we were supposed to have a date, he said “Let’s go to my house so you can cook for me” and in my mind I was like“Seriously, this guy doesn’t even know my name”. So I said “My name is Mercy Johnson” and he said “Yes I know”.

STEPHANIE OKEREKE & LINUS IDAHOSA: Business Consulting Work Brought Us Together

*Love at First Sight? Linus on how he and Stephanie Met (ThisDay Style asked)

"I met Stephanie while doing some Business Consulting work for a Middle Eastern Company that wanted to berth in Africa; they needed an African female celebrity ambassador for their brand; Liya Kebede from Ethiopia and Stephanie were the two candidates on tab for the role; so I reached outto her; So yeah…it was “Love for Business at First Sight”.

BASKETMOUTH & ELSIE: We Met In UNILAG
Where did you meet your wife?

"I met her in UNILAG I met her in Unilag randomly.

"I've known her for about 10 years. When I met her the first time, she was doing shakara and when a girl does shakara for me, I love it.That is when I will even get more interested in her. Shegave me a fake number and when I called, a guy picked up the phone and insulted me, and told me to never call him again.
So I decided to go back to where I met her and went to the same spot for three nights until I saw her again and she gave me the right number.

When I called her, she started giving me attitude.Out of anger one day when we were talking, I cut the call, deleted her number, cleared the call log and I now started looking for the number again (laughs).
Then one day I bumped into her when her school was having a party. We started talking and that is how it began. She suffered me oh, so as her punishment, she must give me 8 children."

JULIUS AGWU & IBIERE: We Met At A Wedding; OkeyBakkasi & I Competed For Her Attention

*How did you meet? (Punch asked)

Julius:We met at a wedding in year 2000; she was part of the bridal train. Incidentally, Okey Bakassi and I were the comperes at the event, and both of us competed on who would be the first to ask her out. I made the first move but she was too little, she was underage.

Ibiere(cuts in): I was 18, I was not underage.

Julius Agwu:Well, she was 18 but she was a baby. I just saw one beautiful girl.I was smarter, I was faster, and I was able to get her contact. We became friends but she started putting up an attitude whenever I tried reaching her. At a point, I called her bluff and wondered who she was. In fact, I forgot about her.

*So, at what point did you change your mind and show interest?

Ibiere: After the first meeting, we lost contact for two years; we met later and became friends.

NSE IKPE-ETIM & CLIFFORD SULE:
He Was My First Boyfriend; We Met When I Was 17

“He was my first boyfriend. I was 17, he left for school , I schooled here and he came back, so we got married.”, The 40 year old talented actress told Toolz.

When Toolz says there is more to it, she says “We didn’t talk for a bit, you know, he went on with his life, Iwent on with mine and then we reconnected…and er…he wasn’t ready at the time, broke my heart.”

CHINEDU IKEDIEZE & NNEOMA: I Met Her Just Just The Way Every Other Man Meets His Wife

In a recent interview with Sun newspaper Chinedu Ikedieze claimed he approached his wife the first time he met her and asked her to marry him.

“I met her just the way every other man meets his wife. I made the first move ..I just told her baby, let’s do this and the rest is history.”

KAREN IGHO & RAYOSLAV YAKOS: We Met When I Travelled To London Back In Summer 2005

In an exclusive interview with Linda Ikeji, Karen revealed how she met her husband, saying:

‘We met when I travelled to London back in summer 2005. We got to know each other and we clicked. We have known each other for 9 years. When I entered the limelight that required me to travel and move around a lot but luckily, our relationship stood the test of time. We found that weare meant for each other.’

UCHE JOMBO & KENNEY RODRIGUEZ: Business Brought Us Together Through A Mutual Friend

Uche told Bellanaija:

"... contrary to what I’ve been hearing that I met him online, no I did not. He came to talk to me about some business venture and that’s how we started talking. I met him through a mutual friend who is his business partner."

DESMOND ELLIOT & VICTORIA: "We Met In UNIJOS

"I met her in school, University of Jos. We were in the same church. We are church people”. Desmond told Daily Independent.

TIMI DAKOLO: We Met At The House On The Rock Church

In a recent chat with Sunday Breeze, Mr Dakolo narrated how he met Busola. In his own words:

Timi:We met at the House on the Rock church. I was not searching then, but simply minding my own business when I spotted her. I was standing behind the choristers on the podium when I sighted this fine girl. I went to speak to her by asking her why she was frowning in church. I remember saying, ‘Hi, my name isTimi Dakolo,’ and she said, ‘and so?’ You would not believe that she gave me a fake number and I started searching for her every Sunday until I finally caught up with her and challenged her for giving me a wrong number. It was my lucky day because that was how we started talking. This was in 2010.

Busola:I gave him my genuine phone number but he thought it was a wrong one. Unfortunately, my phone got missing that day. After service, he followed us in a car to know where I was staying and later on, he kept coming to the house.

DAKORE & OLU AKANDE: We Met In A Poetry Recitation In London

"It's a day I will never forget in a hurry. Contrary to what people think that I saw Dakore in a movie, the very first time we met was in a poetry recitation in London. The moment I saw her I walked up to her and we exchanged numbers, and the rest is history. She is a loving girl and I'm happy I found her" - Olu Akande

Written By: lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by lalasticlala(m): 11:16am On Dec 22, 2014
Timi dakole & wife

Uche & Rodriguez

Karen Igho & Yaroslavl Rakos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by lalasticlala(m): 11:16am On Dec 22, 2014
2shot & wife

NSE ikpe etim & Sule.

The Akandes

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by lalasticlala(m): 11:17am On Dec 22, 2014
The Elliots

The Jacobs

The Okojies

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 22, 2014
Couples meet in many places. sometimes, unusual places you never expect. Nice one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by Janeify(f): 11:26am On Dec 22, 2014
Nice one...people find love in different places. Some found theirs on nairaland, naijaboiy i dey hail grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by pretydiva(f): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2014
Woww...
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 22, 2014
When and where would I meet my own o?

Hmmmm
Nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by frakapotala: 11:45am On Dec 22, 2014
STORY FOR THE gods
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by Sharon6(f): 11:46am On Dec 22, 2014
Romantic!!! May divorce never be their portion.

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT!!! CHECK MY SIGNATURE!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by holatin(m): 11:46am On Dec 22, 2014
So none of them met their spouse for pub, strip club etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by NaijaOptimist: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2014
good
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by Youngzedd(m): 11:48am On Dec 22, 2014
Observing in FHD.

@OP

Remove that Karen Igho & Yaroslavl Rakos picture and replace it with another pic.

It looks like 2D toy. Get something better and replace it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by omanifrank(m): 11:48am On Dec 22, 2014
ok..seen it
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by seangy4konji: 11:48am On Dec 22, 2014
Oya naw
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by thiefnubu(m): 11:49am On Dec 22, 2014
These days, everyone is meeting everyone...

In fact, this is the 'meeting' season...

But

'Meeting' isn't what is noteworthy, Staying together is....

That is why I dedicate this my frontpage comment to

OLU AND JOKE JACOBS

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 22, 2014
Jennimma:
When and where would I meet my own o?

Hmmmm
Nairaland

You will surely meet yours in badoo.com

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:50am On Dec 22, 2014
lol ...

Karen lgho looks like a happy rabbit grin
Basket Mouth's expression as he looked at his wife : "What I'l do to you this night eh" grin

www.kingebuka.com best blog ever !!!!

King Ebuka's Blog !!!
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by omanifrank(m): 11:50am On Dec 22, 2014
frakapotala:
STORY FOR THE gods
which one
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by Law4rence(m): 11:50am On Dec 22, 2014
Wow 1st tym in d first page. Well gud research work, u can contact me 4 an employment oppor 4 dis
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by ceeceeco: 11:51am On Dec 22, 2014
Chinedu Ikedieze(Aki). How did u meet ur wife? Tell us.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by Infomizer(m): 11:56am On Dec 22, 2014
Lalasticlala shaaaaaaaa!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by frakapotala: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2014
ok
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by lalasticlala(m): 11:59am On Dec 22, 2014
Infomizer:
Lalasticlala shaaaaaaaa!!!!

wetin?
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by Bamz(m): 11:59am On Dec 22, 2014
I might need to start attending House on The Rock. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by thefakestan: 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2014
This Frontpage Matter em!!!

Anyway i'll write mine soon.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by latfun22(m): 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2014
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by omanifrank(m): 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
ceeceeco:
Chinedu Ikedieze(Aki). How did u meet ur wife? Tell us.
let me call him
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by gneisss: 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
I'm tired of reading all this crab stories...who cares?
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by freshness2020: 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
Olu and joke my best!
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Reveal How & Where They Met Their Spouses by nosagold(m): 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2014
I'm looking for my caro... wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shan George Narrates Her Flight Experience: "It Felt Like Molue In The Sky" / Adekunle Gold & Fans Surprise Simi With Gifts And Composed Song On Her Birthday / Toke Makinwa Slays In Sexy Camo Shorts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.