Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Atheism FAQ - For Atheists And Theists - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism FAQ - For Atheists And Theists (2911 Views)

Atheists And Their Stupidity / Favorite Atheists And Theists On Nairaland / Question For Atheists And Religious People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism FAQ - For Atheists And Theists by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:51pm On Dec 24, 2014
godsgift233:

lol

Ya, I am two god in one personality.

1. I am a God for been conscious (that is having Ori).

2. Olubobotiri is the God that receive the greatest sacrifice in Yoruba spirituality. What is Olubobotiribo. . . . .Mouth.

So I have my mouth, another sacrife receiving God in my body.

I expect those hateists to tell me they disbelieve in the existence of Consciousness and Mouth

1 Like

Re: Atheism FAQ - For Atheists And Theists by godsgift233: 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

2. Olubobotiri is the God that receive the greatest sacrifice in Yoruba spirituality. What is Olubobotiribo. . . . .Mouth.

I expect those hateists to tell me they disbelieve in the existence of Consciousness and Mouth

i respect ur conviction. buh its seem sumhw, pls tell me more.
FOLYKAZE:

Re: Atheism FAQ - For Atheists And Theists by Weah96: 3:01pm On Dec 24, 2014
godsgift233:

Your phone is God. Your vehicle is God. He's trying to engage in semantics and derail the thread with foolishness. He knows exactly which connotation of God atheists talk about but prefers to engage in this game where he goes around calling household items and celebrities God.
Re: Atheism FAQ - For Atheists And Theists by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
godsgift233:

Thanks for the respect.

I hope this links would help. . . .

https://www.nairaland.com/1815402/all-aborisha

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ori_(Yoruba)

http://mysticcurio.tripod.com/orisha.htm

http://orishareligion.com/OR/index.php/en/

These should help
Re: Atheism FAQ - For Atheists And Theists by godsgift233: 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
Re: Atheism FAQ - For Atheists And Theists by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
godsgift233:

i'll check dem out later

Okis Man

Feel free to ask any question on the nairaland link.

Thanks
Re: Atheism FAQ - For Atheists And Theists by macof(m): 1:08am On Dec 28, 2014
nice one Op but jst before I begin to read then comments, I want to say this.

God/Gods are labels or Titles, anything can be a God to anyone, all that's needed is exaltation and worship
There's difference between God and The creator

In Yoruba, we don't have a word for God, but if I must fit one into a translator it would be "Orisha" which when broken down means "selected by Ori" or selected consciousness" referencing their status as Stand outs in glory and exaltation
however we have words for various Energies/Forces which have come under personifications with the lives and times of some Great ancestors

a God may not exist but you can't deny what the God is said to represent...take Ogun lakaye Osinmole for instance...he is said to be an Orisha wielding two swords clearing the path of life, forger of bones, brains behind metal work, a man who baths in blood and his eyes soaking red, one who touches the blood with his tongue first, setter of the earth's foundation...all these are of course nt describing an existing entity in the sky but a personification, of certain aspects of existence...thorough study will prove that all there is about Ogun in his Pataki and Oriki as connected even scientifically...all having to do with Metallic elements

So don't take the "God" seriously but what it represents

1 Like

Re: Atheism FAQ - For Atheists And Theists by macof(m): 2:01am On Dec 28, 2014
Weah96:

He doesn't mind presenting absurdity as rationality. The iPhone is God, too according to him, because it happens to be a very influential thing. If you follow his logic, or lack thereof, you will soon realize that there is no limit to what can be God. Even your favorite pillow or pair of shoes can be God.

Actually yes, since everything is conscious and capable of being exalted in it's glory, then yes there's no limit to what can be a God

I was watching spartacus just yesterday and people revered him so much exaltation that it was said "he becomes like a God"
Re: Atheism FAQ - For Atheists And Theists by macof(m): 2:16am On Dec 28, 2014
Weah96:

Your phone is God. Your vehicle is God. He's trying to engage in semantics and derail the thread with foolishness. He knows exactly which connotation of God atheists talk about but prefers to engage in this game where he goes around calling household items and celebrities God.

No. You use the word "God" when it means tons of things to different people.

If u wanna tackle Abrahamics use the name they gave their gods...God is a title that affects every thing spirituality, at least when we speaking English
Re: Atheism FAQ - For Atheists And Theists by Weah96: 2:44am On Dec 28, 2014
macof:

No. You use the word "God" when it means tons of things to different people.

If u wanna tackle Abrahamics use the name they gave their gods...God is a title that affects every thing spirituality, at least when we speaking English

The Abrahamic God, along with other Gods of similar nature do no exist. Atheists are not concerned with the existence of Okocha, Obi Mikel, and Timbaland boots. It's disingenuous to pretend that you don't know the relevant connotation.

Many words have multiple meanings. That's why context is important.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is God??..... Part 1 / Is This The Height Of Religious Delusion? / Was Jesus An Extraterrestrial?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.