Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 (35832 Views)

10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding / Top 10 Songs By Nairalanders / Worship Songs That Connect You To The Heavenlies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by khaykay15(f): 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
Tis so sweet to trust In Jesus.. by Khaykhay. merry Xmas In advance my people..
Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by gistmelove(m): 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
ok seen

DOUBLE WAHALA grin grin

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
songs we describe as our bests or hits are merely noise and beat fusion. no lyrics, no cutting edge concepts. Go on billboard.com and see compilations of 2014 hit songs and you would realize how far off we are from the rest of the world. Tomorrow you lot would come out to compare Nigeria with USA or GEJ with western leaders, pretending you
have a taste for good things. A flawed case of 'selective goutism'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by kenkool(m): 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
What of story for the gods

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by stebanj: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
topics that make front page these dayz..... undecided

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by ellahzy(f): 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
wat of Alobam and lil kesh's Shoki?

wat of burna boy's CHECK AND BALANCE?

...ur list is nt complete dear

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Sylvarresta(m): 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
What about Niyola: Toh bad
Whizkid: On top your matter

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
Men pasa n'ogbe juo ese iga ahu na ha bu ALOBAMM!!!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by CzarRex: 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
Does any1 see wat am seein dia? 2 murdas on d list, wat of lil kesh's shoki? Wat of story 4 d godz? Huh? I suspect politics in dis

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by ireneony(f): 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
montestic:
Contemporary Nigerian artistes have always shook clubs and parties with charging and monstrous hits, but in 2014, they took it up another notch, releasing songs that had their fans bopping and swaying from dance tracks propagating new dance moves such as Sekem and Shoki to songs celebrating love.

ENCOMIUM Weekly takes a look at the songs that rocked the year…

MAVIN, Dorobucci

The video of the hit song, Dorobucci featured Mavin’s boss, Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Dr. Sid, D’Prince, Korede Bello, Di’ja and Reekado Banks.

Dorobucci, which shook the music landscape, premiered some months ago and in less than 24 hours, the video had over 10,000 views on YouTube.

DAVIDO, Aye

The 22 year old pop star, David Adedeji Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, released his hit song, Aye produced by T-Sprize early 2014.

The video, directed by the virtuoso, Clarence Peters, features heavy use of traditional costumes. With this song, Davido really made waves in the entertainment industry.

OREZI, Shoki

Afro hip hop singer, Esegine Allen, famously known as Orezi cashed in on the popularity of the Shoki dance step by creating a song of the same name.

The song, Shoki produced by Popito was widely accepted by Nigerians and till now has not left the lips of his fans.

SKALES, Shake Body

Rapper, singer and songwriter, Raoul John Njeng-Njeng, popularly known as Skales kicked off his new phase with a single, Shake Body produced by Jay Pizzle.

Shake Body is a beautiful dance track which ruled dance floors at clubs and parties throughout the year.

ORITSEFEMI, Double Wahala

Self-professed musical Taliban, Oristsefemi Majemito Ekele, famously known as Oritsefemi, had an unforgettable 2014. His remake of Abami Eda, Fela Kuti’s Double Wahala shot him to the top of the charts and made him grin from ear as he walked to the bank.

SID, Surulere

Surulere, suru laye yi o…Nigerian music lovers, both young and old sang along with Dr. Sid and Mavin Records boss and beat making guru, Don Jazzy on this track.

It’s a song that preaches patience and its rewards as portrayed in the Daniel Ugo shot visuals.

SEYI SHEY, Murda

Sultry singer, Seyi Shey ruled the air waves with Murda featuring singers Patoranking and Shaydee. The hit, produced by the veteran Dokta Frabz, has a catchy beat and rhythmic chorus which made it a deejay’s favourite.

YEMI ALADE, Johnny

Delectable singer, Yemi Eberechi Alade, popularly known as Yemi Alade ruled the airwaves with Johnny produced by Selebobo.

The visuals for the hit, shot by the prolific Clarence Peters, featured Nollywood actor, Alexx Ekubo, singer Saeon and comedian Bovi.

MC GALAXY, Sekem

Popular artiste, Innocent Udeme Udofot, known as Mc Galaxy dropped beautiful tune plus viral dance video, Sekem produced by T-Spize.

The video featured comedian Basketmouth and 2Face doing their Sekem dance will make you start dancing unconsciously.

PATORANKING, Girlie O

Dancehall artiste, Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie, popularly known as Patoranking released a song called Girle O featuring Tiwa Savage. The video was directed by Moe Musa.

The song, Girile O widely accepted by Nigerians especially ladies, has been played in different ceremonies on different occasions.

SEYI SHEY, Murda

Sultry singer, Seyi Shey ruled the air waves with Murda featuring singers Patoranking and Shaydee. The hit, produced by the veteran Dokta Frabz, has a catchy beat and rhythmic chorus which made it a deejay’s favourite.

http://encomium.ng/top-10-songs-that-rocked-nigeria-in-2014/
op were is baby don't break my heart my Cynthia Morgan moreover your list is flawed
Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Young03(m): 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
Doro na diva ,doro na killer..psquar no folow 4 d list...well dts ur own personal thought
Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by IKJ66(m): 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
No track from olamide,phyno and iceprince....................OP I dey vex

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by kamez(m): 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
Sekem is da bomb....

Na dat song bring back my dance skills....

Skills I lost affter university graduation

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2014
It's bn long i got likes,abeg hit me with likes.. God bless u all

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Emodeee: 8:35pm On Dec 22, 2014
The list is incomplete without lil kesh's shoki.
Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by celeron40(m): 8:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
Orezi's Shoki? You are a joker!
Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Fash20: 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
Runtown ft davido Gallardo? That list na mega crap.
Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Gwan2(m): 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
Mine.....

Go ft Micheal........2baba
Jeje...............2baba
The best i can be......2baba
Lesse passe.........2baba

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by cupidhero(m): 8:41pm On Dec 22, 2014
queenbesha:
......2015 will come with its own songz and new hungry musicians.

I just dey observe undecided
I don't know about others but me don chop 3 meals today@hungry musicians.

Dokta frabz did an excellent work on that seyi shay's murder. I'm down with oritse femi but every other music on that list sounds the same to me.
Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Chimamaa(f): 8:41pm On Dec 22, 2014
Nawa for this list o. No Alobam or authe, no wizkid, the list sucks, who is this shey seyi self

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by lasheez(m): 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
Not even one Olamides song.Hmmm list ain't complete.
Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Qelvin(m): 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2014
That Skales name does not strike me as a Nigerian one...sounds more like a Cameroonian name.
Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Okaka27(m): 8:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
Sheyi Shay murda no too reign.. it was the remix whc was my best song of d year. Wat a collabo!!!! cheesy
Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by aeshadanikina(f): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2014
tnks b 2 ALLAH dorobucci is there

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Abdulkareem407(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2014
Nonsense list... Where is my Olamide_ awon goons mi and story for de Gods undecided undecided undecided where is Phyno_ Alobam, Parcel and Oset undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 22, 2014
Naija songs b like made in China.....rocks nd den its Shit
Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by fisaylab: 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2014
U forgot this

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by AriDsexy(f): 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
iceberylin:
I hate that shake body..

No lyrics, just noise and beat...

"They wan use me for ransom cause am young,rich and handsome " undecided

Our Artists need to learn how to make music...

**continue playing VIVO "AM I WRONG"** cool

And this guy also kept shouting "AM I WRONG" in that song. tongue

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by destinysaid(m): 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2014
montestic:
Contemporary Nigerian artistes have always shook clubs and parties with charging and monstrous hits, but in 2014, they took it up another notch, releasing songs that had their fans bopping and swaying from dance tracks propagating new dance moves such as Sekem and Shoki to songs celebrating love.

ENCOMIUM Weekly takes a look at the songs that rocked the year…

MAVIN, Dorobucci

The video of the hit song, Dorobucci featured Mavin’s boss, Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Dr. Sid, D’Prince, Korede Bello, Di’ja and Reekado Banks.

Dorobucci, which shook the music landscape, premiered some months ago and in less than 24 hours, the video had over 10,000 views on YouTube.

DAVIDO, Aye

The 22 year old pop star, David Adedeji Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, released his hit song, Aye produced by T-Sprize early 2014.

The video, directed by the virtuoso, Clarence Peters, features heavy use of traditional costumes. With this song, Davido really made waves in the entertainment industry.

[/b]LIL KESH ft DAVIDO & OlAMIDE, Shoki rmx

Afro hip hop singer, Esegine Allen, famously known as Orezi wanted to cash in on the popularity but was ousted by d king of the Shoki dance step creating a rmx of the song.

The song, Shoki was widely accepted by Nigerians and till now has not left the lips of his fans.[/b]

SKALES, Shake Body

Rapper, singer and songwriter, Raoul John Njeng-Njeng, popularly known as Skales kicked off his new phase with a single, Shake Body produced by Jay Pizzle.

Shake Body is a beautiful dance track which ruled dance floors at clubs and parties throughout the year.

ORITSEFEMI, Double Wahala

Self-professed musical Taliban, Oristsefemi Majemito Ekele, famously known as Oritsefemi, had an unforgettable 2014. His remake of Abami Eda, Fela Kuti’s Double Wahala shot him to the top of the charts and made him grin from ear as he walked to the bank.

SID, Surulere

Surulere, suru laye yi o…Nigerian music lovers, both young and old sang along with Dr. Sid and Mavin Records boss and beat making guru, Don Jazzy on this track.

It’s a song that preaches patience and its rewards as portrayed in the Daniel Ugo shot visuals.

[/b]OLAMIDE,goons mi & story for d gods
These songs are still reigning even now.[/b]

YEMI ALADE, Johnny

Delectable singer, Yemi Eberechi Alade, popularly known as Yemi Alade ruled the airwaves with Johnny produced by Selebobo.

The visuals for the hit, shot by the prolific Clarence Peters, featured Nollywood actor, Alexx Ekubo, singer Saeon and comedian Bovi.

MC GALAXY, Sekem

Popular artiste, Innocent Udeme Udofot, known as Mc Galaxy dropped beautiful tune plus viral dance video, Sekem produced by T-Spize.

The video featured comedian Basketmouth and 2Face doing their Sekem dance will make you start dancing unconsciously.

PATORANKING, Girlie O

Dancehall artiste, Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie, popularly known as Patoranking released a song called Girle O featuring Tiwa Savage. The video was directed by Moe Musa.

The song, Girile O widely accepted by Nigerians especially ladies, has been played in different ceremonies on different occasions.

[/b]PHYNO,Alobam

Them wan craze for this song.[/b]

. OP thank me later. Updated.
Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Loboski: 9:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
I liked WizzyPro - Emergency
Re: Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2014
Beennkumar:
One hand on your waist, one hand on your chest. Seken, sekem! grin
shocked you too shocked
Ayamlaykorn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ariana Grande-break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored Full Song / Laycon's Performance In A 5000-Capacity Hall In OAU (Video) / Whats The Title Of The Song Topping Your Playlist Right Now ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.