Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

How To Become A Muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How To Become A Muslim (976 Views)

20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become A Muslim by earTHMama: 4:01am On Dec 10, 2008
What are the steps an unbeliever should take in order to convert fully into islam? Or do you just become a muslim by going to the mosque and putting your name in their register?

Eg:

In christianity:

1) You accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior

2) Get baptized

3) Fellowship with other christians etc

What are the steps in Islam?
Re: How To Become A Muslim by olabowale(m): 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2008
Just simply a sincere declaration, with your soul, heart and mouth (tongue ad lips) that there is no god saves The God (Allah) and Muhammad (AS) is is last Messenger. This declaration will shatter therefore the concept of any god along with The God.

If a christian makes this declaration, it means that he/she knows that Trinity is a farce and Jesus was only a human Messenger like Muhammad (AS to both).

If a Jew makes this declaration, it means that he/she knows that Salvation is not of the "Jews only" and therefore the acceptance of other human prophets and their messages. These other human messengers now include Jesus (AS), the last for the prophetic line of Isaac. And Muhammad (AS) the last of all Messengers.

If an Idol worshipper (Hindu, Buhddist, Ogun, Osun, and others, including agnostic and atheist) makes this declaration, it means that he/she knows that what used to be believed is now dead. The journey of reality of the Guidance of Allah the Almighty has taken hold. All form of beliefs have perished. Then the guidiing books are Qur'aan, Sunnah/ahadith, Sirah , etc. All of them Islamic.

Its better to make this declaration in front of witnesses. But just the declaration, will need a greater commitment. This commitment will include but not limited to a life changing qualities; learning how to pray and acquiring good manners, attending congregational prayers, making friends who are muslims so that you may be helped and be identified to better yourself islamically and as muslim, respectively.

Inshort, it will be hard, until it becomes easier. If you intend to become muslim, prepare yourself for a life changing experience. Before you make your declaration, look at your face. After the declaration, look at your face. You will see a more beautiful, fresher looking person looking back at you. This is a miracle of itself. Everytime I make salah, I look at the faces of those who participated. I see, always fresher, more radient, cleaner and calmer person.

Its as if there is light over the face. Truly there is light of believing prayerfulness on the believers.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by earTHMama: 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2008
Where will you make the declaration? In the mosque or in your bedroom?
Re: How To Become A Muslim by olabowale(m): 12:20am On Dec 11, 2008
Just be fully dressed when you take it. There must be muslims there, preferrably to witness your declaration. Its like marriage, you shouldn't do what I will call "its you and me marriage." People should be there to witness. Otherwise you may be accused of illicit behavior.

If no one sees you and the community does no that you have become muslims, when death comes, the issue of burial may actually be in dispute. A muslim must be a able to have someone at least to vauch for his/her revertion.

Do it in the public, instead of your bedroom. Thats my suggestion. Masjid is the best place of all. Your declaration is remembrance of Allah. Masjid is for three; Salah, Reading Qur'aan and remembrance of Allah. (Shahada tain is part of remembrance of Allah).
Re: How To Become A Muslim by earTHMama: 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2008
What should a new muslim convert do if he is a sex addict?. Will he ask Mohammed for help? languish in his sex addiction or rather get himself castrated?
Re: How To Become A Muslim by olabowale(m): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2008
Muhammad (AS) is dead. While alive, he instructed his daughter, fatima (RA), to ask Allah alone. My girl, sex addiction like all addiction can be overcome, with prayers, dedications, and remembrance of allah. The fact that a person admits to a problem, the process of resolution begins.

As much as I love sex, and other things, I do not lose the focus what is higher. So I have relationship with the person (s) that are legally permissable for me to have it. My legal partner(s). Secondly, as a means of moderation, I engulf myself in what are also, almost as enjoyable.

If a person is addicted, he/she should try to control the addiction. I will not be playing music day and night, non stop, even though I enjoy music. Therefore, I make it a moderate thing, otherwise I see myself forgetting other aspect of what is good to do, also.

Become a muslim, first. Then we can micromanage your addiction.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by earTHMama: 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2008
Can a muslim woman marry more than one husband? If no, why not since muslim men are allowed to do so or is islam against the equality of sexes?
Re: How To Become A Muslim by olabowale(m): 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2008
Have you seen a woman, in the home country; Nigeria, who is married to more than 1 husband at a time? Even the christian woman, or the animist? If she is pregnant, while she has more than one husband, and each of them slept with her, just right before the pregnancy occurred. Who is the father of the baby? All of them? What if the one whose seed made her pregnant is not even ready for a baby yet? Think about that for a moment.

Unlike the case of a man who marries more than 1 wife; we know who the father of the expected baby from the wife's pregnancy is. My darling sister, you should not be interested in that type of greed, as to have more than 1 husband at the same time. Your children may never know who exactly, for sure is the real father among the husbands. Just imagine if the children look like you.

Allah the Almighty give everything its due just. And by the way, not every muslim man wants more than 1 wife. Some can handle it. And as to your issue of equality among the sexes; it is not precipitated on who is allowed to have more than 1 spouse at the same time.

The american women have a song: Anything you can do I can do better. In no place in the song do you hear the american women wanting to have more than 1 husband at a time. That place of sexuality, they leave for men.

I bet a woman who advocates for it will have a terrible label or name tag. Even no decent woman will support her on the issue of more than 1 husband at a time.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by earTHMama: 12:03am On Dec 12, 2008
Unlike the case of a man who marries more than 1 wife; we know who the father of the expected baby from the wife's pregnancy is. My darling sister, you should not be interested in that type of greed, as to have more than 1 husband at the same time. Your children may never know who exactly, for sure is the real father among the husbands. Just imagine if the children look like you.
DNA test, hello?
Re: How To Become A Muslim by olabowale(m): 12:55am On Dec 12, 2008
Is that how you want you children to know their father(s)?. Omo 9ja; Hello. This is a matter dispute. You against then men! Thats not good. The childen will hate your gut because, for at least in a short period, they will be fatherles or Papa maybe. That happens in the case of lose women. Don't sell your stocks that cheap.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by earTHMama: 2:08am On Dec 12, 2008
Is that how you want you children to know their father(s)?. Omo Nigeria; Hello. This is a matter dispute. You against then men! Thats not good. The childen will hate your gut because, for at least in a short period, they will be fatherles or Papa maybe. That happens in the case of lose women. Don't sell your stocks that cheap
Why are you always quick to abuse Funmi? . How are you so sure you are the father of all your kids? Only a child's mother know the real father, so forget what we women tell you and listen to the voice of reason.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by olabowale(m): 2:35am On Dec 12, 2008
If you see my boys: Olayiwola and Oladunwo, both look like spitting image of Olabowale. There mother Omolola used to call them by my name. You see I was the only man in her life at the time I was married to the Lioness.

I pray that you do not embark on multi-husband lifestyle.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by earTHMama: 6:18am On Dec 12, 2008
If you see my boys: Olayiwola and Oladunwo, both look like spitting image of Olabowale. There mother Omolola used to call them by my name. You see I was the only man in her life at the time I was married to the Lioness.

I pray that you do not embark on multi-husband lifestyle.
Faces can be deceptive.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by olabowale(m): 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2008
Become a muslim and get it over with. Just to be walking around the periphery is not a good thing for your soul. Maybe you may meet a muslim man who like exactly what you like; your match for a husband. Islam is not boring and it cuts across all tastes.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by earTHMama: 8:39am On Dec 13, 2008
Become a muslim and get it over with. Just to be walking around the periphery is not a good thing for your soul. Maybe you may meet a muslim man who like exactly what you like; your match for a husband. Islam is not boring and it cuts across all tastes.

I don't want me a man i will be sharing with three other women. God demands for one man and one wife. Any other thing besides that is adultery.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by olabowale(m): 2:12pm On Dec 13, 2008
Listen Funlayo. You don't have to marry my type. Islam, like everything else, is not homogenous. There is a man who will satisfied with your energy and you alone. An unseasoned man or somebody in your age range will like you as the only wife.

Just become a Muslim, aburo. There is a husband ready for you. He is in your neck of the wood. If I know what type of man that flow your roll, you will find a muslim that fits that perfectly.

Make that move. Am rooting for you to do it. Go Funmi.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by earTHMama: 9:53pm On Dec 13, 2008

Listen Funlayo. You don't have to marry my type. Islam, like everything else, is not homogenous. There is a man who will satisfied with your energy and you alone. An unseasoned man or somebody in your age range will like you as the only wife.

Just become a Muslim, aburo. There is a husband ready for you. He is in your neck of the wood. If I know what type of man that flow your roll, you will find a muslim that fits that perfectly.

Make that move. Am rooting for you to do it. Go Funmi.

The bible said we should marry those whom we are equally yoked. If i marry a man that believes he can take a 2nd wife, that is a recipe for disaster because I cannot stand it besides, I want me a man I can control and not the one that will control me. There can't be two captains in a boat.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by olabowale(m): 11:53pm On Dec 13, 2008
there is a person who will dig that in Islam. Not my type though, who will sam roll you in one single shot. Just become a muslim. Your husband will appear in that Maryland that you live in.

Are you in Laurel, or where: Potomak, Bethesda, Baltimore? lol.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by earTHMama: 7:26am On Dec 14, 2008
German town. You are afraid of my type because you don't want a woman that will reduce you to your real value?. You will be sooooo lucky to have me.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by olabowale(m): 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2008
Aburo. Become a muslim. There are many men, in Islam, who if you marry from the pool, will let you know that you are a woman, in more ways than one. The fortunate man, your muslim husband will take care of all your needs; finance, emotion, etc. Infact all that you know that husband should do, and then some.

What type of man; hue, race, height, build, etc, is your fancy? Islam has him. If your taste is white and young, I know there right there in Germantown, or neighboring communities. If its home grown black man, or foreign grown, young or older, Funmi, somebody will be there to take you on. He will meet you all the way. What are permissable in Islam will overwhelm you, from him, whereby you will become a kitten.

Aburo. Funmilayo. Become a muslim. There are experiences, tons of them you will discover with your husband.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by earTHMama: 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2008
This muslim you want me to become first, na waoh. What is your ulterior motive? Islam will not stop me from dominating the man as I wish.

Mark you, i am a self made woman and do not need any man for his wealth. I am not the weak type who will allow a man to pull the plug on me. No, not Funmi, I am stronger than pain.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by olabowale(m): 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2008
Funmi. It seems to me that you are afraid of something. What it is I can't put my finger on it. There are many wealthy and self made successes among muslim women. Even as far back as the very beginning of Islam of Muhammad (AS)! His wife, Khadijah (RA), was older, more successful if wealth was the measure. And she was the very first person to become muslim. Muslim women are strong. They raise the future of the family.

Become a muslim. You will meet your match, from the rank of muslim men. Your OKO (a strong Lion) will catch you. He is in Germantown or neighboring place. Trust me. If you want a yoruba Muslim; he is in there. Like a ragu spagetti sauce.

Shaaa dimalee. Then oun oju nwa loju nrii. Muslim men are very romantic. When you roar, your husband roar will drown yours. But the benefit of all of this is that your life will be richer. You will be self made with a purpose.

Benefit yourself. Become a muslim and get a benefit of a husband. Your heart will finally be at peace. And finally, there is no ulterior motive that is hidden. I just want the best for you. The same way I want it for everyone.
Re: How To Become A Muslim by earTHMama: 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2008
When you roar, your husband roar will drown yours
Imposssible. This lion lady will never allow any man subdue her.

Become a muslim and get a benefit of a husband

What are these benefits attached to a husband?. What are the benefits also attached to a wife?
Re: How To Become A Muslim by auwal87(m): 12:07am On Dec 15, 2008
earTHMama:

Imposssible. This lion lady will never allow any man subdue her.

What are these benefits attached to a husband?. What are the benefits also attached to a wife?

Read more about Marriage in Islam here http://www.jannah.org/sisters/marr.html

(1) (Reply)

Is Embalment $ Cremation Accepted In Islam / Reminder To All Muslims: Fasting On The Day Of Arafat / Does All Bid'ah(innovation) Take You Out Of Islam? - Refuting Jabata

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.