Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,887 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack (33596 Views)

11 Everyday Activities That Are Illegal In North Korea. / BREAKING NEWS: USA Takes Down North Korea' S Internet / North Korea Was NOT Behind The Sony Hack - Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by Frankenstein: 12:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
ogtavia:

Because Sony pictures made a controversial movie...assuming it was North Korea or some other country dt made dt movie abt Obama..How do u think America would av responded or do u think America will just fold their hands and keep looking...I dnt hate America for d records.!!
Kim Jun whatever should cry us a river! Have you forgotten that NK has been testing nukes in violation to UN order. They sank an SK ship some years back and nothing was done except well, more sanctions. They are shooting rockets and developing ICBMs which threaten global peace.
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by Frankenstein: 12:40pm On Dec 23, 2014
DaBullIT:

[size=18pt]
Yes they do , if they don't how come they have online shopping malls , YouTube videos and other things , somebody called me a liar yesterday or 3 days ago , I guess we'll all know I wasn't lying all along

Obama is the type of leader Nigeria needs not clueless Luck Joesatan , And the funny guy who said China may have been able to catch a glimpse of of US's defence systems , its not in the realm of impossibilities , however , just like Guantanamo bay is a dedicated prison for war criminals and terrorists , Joint Operations with FBI, CIA,DOD et all. Have a dedicated war computer room , computers not connected to US infrastructures or data bank ,whose sole purpose is cyber warfare , rarely used hardly talked about

Finally , apart from dos attack , I'm sure some sensitive files have been moved from NK's servers , won't be surprised if Kim Hun's nude photos , videos or files are all over internet in a few days those files will contain secrets and lies of the present NK government and it will spark a revolution among citizens. If / when this happens there'll be war crimes. Terrorism , and outcry from citizens and this will permit the world to send forces into NK and the new leader will operate a democratic and transparent Government

This is Obama's plan as revealed by my over active mind

Because I almost always see a bigger picture
The regime in NK has a very tight grip over its citizens. Releasing controversial documents won't have any effect on the people.
The only way to take Kim down is through a coup or direct invasion.
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by awizl(m): 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
You are peddling lies. There is no proof that North korea attacked Sony. Days before the big cyber attack, the attackers have threatened sony executives and demanded money. Also the virus used in the attack are readily available and sold pre-packaged in the malware black market. The USA have not at anytime laid down any proof that the attack was from N.Korea apart from saying the virus bears resemblance to other ones that have been attributed to N.korea. There is a sinister intention going on here and bottom feeders like you are just helping to feed the lies without examining the facts.

ifyclose2:
If you've been following the Sony, North Korea and
the US government saga then you should know what
this is about. But let me give a brief summary
because I'm about to board a flight.

Sony Pictures released a movie called The Interview,
a comedy about a fictional assassination of North
Korean leader, Kim Jong Un.. North Korean didn't
find it funny and hacked into Sony's computers,
rendering thousands of computers inoperable and
forced Sony to take its entire computer network
offline. That wasn't enough, they then threatened
terror attack on US citizens if Sony doesn't cancel
showing the movie, forcing Sony to pull the interview
from theaters and losing almost $200m. Then the US
government got involved and told Sony to go ahead and
release the movie, that they don't take lightly to
threats and promised to retaliate for the attack on
Sony. It looks like they've kept their to promise. North
Korea is currently offline. Lol

"Internet connectivity between North Korea and
the outside world is currently suffering one of
its worst outages in recent memory, suggesting
that the country may be enduring a mass cyber
attack a few days after President Obama warned
the US would launch a "proportional response" to
North Korea's hack against Sony
North Korea, which has four official networks
connecting the country to the Internet -- all of
which route through China -- began experiencing
intermittent problems yesterday and today went
completely black, according to Doug Madory,
director of Internet analysis at Dyn Research in
Hanover, New Hampshire." Bloomberg reports.

I find this so hilarious! Moral of the story, don't mess with the USA.
Source http://lindaikeji..nl/2014/12/lmao-north-koreas-internet-is-down-you.html?m=1

Source:https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-experiencing-severe-internet-200418060.html
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by mikolo80: 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
manutdadex:
dats d problem i av wit d U.S...they only care abt demself...they beliv say dem to get power..well dem get
before nko who them suppose care about abi you think other countries de sell dia ppl future like nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:47pm On Dec 23, 2014
Canme4u:
Why did US find it amuzing to joke with a National issue of another country?

Am looking forward to NorthKorea's retaliatory responds. Nah naija go be the ref.

Watching in 5D grin

White House Down.
Olympus Has Fallen.

Movies are movies man.
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by awizl(m): 12:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
In comparison, USA maintains a stock of around 7000 nuclear weapons with 2000 readily deployable at a button touch. They and their allies have continually waged baseless wars to steal resources from otherwise peaceful nations and impose puppet regimes. I have not heard N.korea being involved in a war in the last several decades. unless war has changed meaning. Maybe it now means, another country killing people when western countries are not involved.

Frankenstein:
Kim Jun whatever should cry us a river! Have you forgotten that NK has been testing nukes in violation to UN order. They sank an SK ship some years back and nothing was done except well, more sanctions. They are shooting rockets and developing ICBMs which threaten global peace.

Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by eightsin(m): 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2014
There is gonna be a war soon. These people seem not to like peace
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by Unionised(m): 1:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
EMANY01:

There are two main weapon systems suits that (mostly western forces) try to never use unless its fir real war and against a peer state [read China,Russia]:

Cyber war tools (stuxnet,major bandwidth hacks,communication nodes and operating systems).

Electronic warfare tools (radar systems,sensor disruption,anti disruptive systems[resilient system ]anti-jamming technologies like frequency hopping and DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum).

Not a matter of movies, even when this systems are built they try to test them as far away from human/urban areas as much as possible.Places like china lake and far up the Arctic or Antarctica places it will be hard to have spy's come looking .

The U.S. Air Force, has taken the lead in developing electronic tools for attacking and defending satellite communications, he satellites themselves, and has been training people to use these techniques. This effort involves figuring out new, or improved, ways to jam satellites. Then you keep that stuff secret, in case potential enemies have not figured this out themselves. Next, you work on ways to defeat the weapons developed. Most of this is playing around with the signals themselves. You can un-jam a jamming signal with another signal. However, a lot of trial and error is required and you want to get that done way in advance of any actual war. When you do have to use this stuff for real, you have to expect that the enemy may well have come up with some angle you missed. Thus, there will be some rapid improvisation, and you will have more time and resources for this if you have worked out ahead of time the details of disasters you have already anticipated. No one is releasing much information about this, for obvious reasons. There won't be much discussion from any government, unless there is a terrorist attack using these techniques.

http://strategypage.com/htmw/htiw/articles/20130703.aspx

http://strategypage.com/htmw/htiw/articles/20110803.aspx

http://strategypage.com/htmw/htecm/articles/20140509.aspx

Why are you taking PANADOL for their HEADACHE.

I'm pretty sure the US weighed the pros and cons before embarking on this.

But we get it.
You are knowledgeable in this area.

Now you need the right people to notice you.

Lets start with, maybe The Nigerian Government?

Oh, they are busy with election wahala...

Ok, hack into the PENTAGON.

They will surely notice you.... wink
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by lozairio(m): 1:10pm On Dec 23, 2014
meccuno:
When I saw the interview with the sony CEO,I felt sorry for him. All his private e-mails would be read by the dudes that wiped their server clean. Hope he wasn't cheating on his wife though. Lolz......america has shown why they are america!! Wonder what would happen if Nigeria where to be attacked with cyber terrorism.
we go hear am big time
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by ooshinibos: 1:10pm On Dec 23, 2014
manutdadex:
an average american marine wil die for their flag!! But ours run at d smallest sound of gunshot! If u cant die for ur country u av no biz in d army! So also d citizens, we done d worse damage to our country, now even our kids av no hope in dis nation...because of our actions! We wil get there
very true sir , its sad we got to this state ...and not even sure we can reverse ..it defies logic ..
and let me add , its hard to die for ur country when u know the govt will not take care of ur loves ....by now the govt should have a large pension for these armies ...and that will be more secure after death all is well but a normal naija govt or people will never think of this
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by DaBullIT(m): 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2014
Frankenstein:
The regime in NK has a very tight grip over its citizens. Releasing controversial documents won't have any effect on the people.
The only way to take Kim down is through a coup or direct invasion.

You can't just INVADE, you need excuse to , I believe South Korea is doing better, and if Northerners can call on the Southerners , Southerners can call the world , that's an excuse to invade

NK does have tight grip on its people because its armed forces believes in the greater good , If anyone can prove via secret documents that Superior leader has not had the good of the country at heart all this while , they'll be divided, it could lead to a coup or even to war, the leaking of those documents has traumatic , psychological effects on The Supreme leader and the country and its the first step towards liberating the North

Moreso, i am sure US deployed a back door in the network, something which will stay there immediately after thier network was rebooted and restored grin
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by Gordieshegz(m): 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
Canme4u:

Am looking forward to NorthKorea's retaliatory responds. Nah naija go be the ref.

Watching in 5D grin

Sir! U wouldn't say dat again..what kind of national issue is the US joking with??.we have seen films like white house down,olympus has fallen and several others which depicted the assasination missions on American presidents,,has that translated into killing of American president in reality in recent times?? If there is anyone to blame for fronting too much energy against a comic encrypted film,Kim Jung should...

1 Like

Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by ibietela2(m): 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2014
Psylas:
google NK's video threats to US, i can't share links with the system am using nw

Ohk....
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by ibietela2(m): 1:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
ransomed:
President Obama reacted proportionately within days but, if it our ruler, he will first choose not to believe it for weeks, then condemn the act after CNN and AL JAZEERA might have turned it to stale news, he will finally set up a committee to look into it. I am expecting insult and attacks from his e- cockroaches. 1...2....3, Attack! ye roaches....

You need help son
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by davida222(m): 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
bamog:
angry dem no fit do dat to china! Nah trouble be dat! U.S fear china lyk mad!
Absolutely America is. I think most
western nations fear China too China is growing larger both militarily and economically because of a system created by the the US and other western countries. China also isn't a democracy in the way that most western countries would like. It also has nuclear weapons and most industrial powers are economically dependent upon them. And don't forget that china holds a huge amount of US debt and it keeps taking on more and more US debt (amongst other country's debts). America can't simply attack as this would cripple the US economy and cause countless deaths on both sides. China could even launch their nuclear weapons. All the US can do is integrate them into the system more and more and make them become dependent on the US and other nations as much as possible.

1 Like

Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by ipleddge: 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
Some producer also make movies showing dirth of U.sa
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by miqos02(m): 1:44pm On Dec 23, 2014
they will sort it out

Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by tpia001: 2:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
miqos02:
they will sort it out

True
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by annita19(f): 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2014
Fat Lil kid trying to flex on no flex zone. Lesson here is, Don't phuck with USA
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by EMANY01(m): 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2014
Unionised:

Why are you taking PANADOL for their HEADACHE.

I'm pretty sure the US weighed the pros and cons before embarking on this.

But we get it.
You are knowledgeable in this area.

Now you need the right people to notice you.

Lets start with, maybe The Nigerian Government?

Oh, they are busy with election wahala...

Ok, hack into the PENTAGON.

They will surely notice you.... wink

When we talk policies that could remake Nigeria in the politics section, do we(you) do it to get noticed?......well I don't.Can't speak for you anyway.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year in Advance.
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
USA under Obama's reign nas been harsh
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
Canme4u:

Watching in 5D grin

Oponu ode, the U.S. didn't make a joke, Sony a private company made a movie.
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2014
davida222:

Absolutely America is. I think most
western nations fear China too China is growing larger both militarily and economically because of a system created by the the US and other western countries. China also isn't a democracy in the way that most western countries would like. It also has nuclear weapons and most industrial powers are economically dependent upon them. And don't forget that china holds a huge amount of US debt and it keeps taking on more and more US debt (amongst other country's debts). America can't simply attack as this would cripple the US economy and cause countless deaths on both sides. China could even launch their nuclear weapons. All the US can do is integrate them into the system more and more and make them become dependent on the US and other nations as much as possible.

How do you guys even reason? Your thought process lacks critical thinking.

What good will it do China to launch a nuclear weapon on a country whose assets they own?
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by erico2k2(m): 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
ifyclose2:
If you've been following the Sony, North Korea and
the US government saga then you should know what
this is about. But let me give a brief summary
because I'm about to board a flight.

Sony Pictures released a movie called The Interview,
a comedy about a fictional assassination of North
Korean leader, Kim Jong Un.. North Korean didn't
find it funny and hacked into Sony's computers,
rendering thousands of computers inoperable and
forced Sony to take its entire computer network
offline. That wasn't enough, they then threatened
terror attack on US citizens if Sony doesn't cancel
showing the movie, forcing Sony to pull the interview
from theaters and losing almost $200m. Then the US
government got involved and told Sony to go ahead and
release the movie, that they don't take lightly to
threats and promised to retaliate for the attack on
Sony. It looks like they've kept their to promise. North
Korea is currently offline. Lol

"Internet connectivity between North Korea and
the outside world is currently suffering one of
its worst outages in recent memory, suggesting
that the country may be enduring a mass cyber
attack a few days after President Obama warned
the US would launch a "proportional response" to
North Korea's hack against Sony
North Korea, which has four official networks
connecting the country to the Internet -- all of
which route through China -- began experiencing
intermittent problems yesterday and today went
completely black, according to Doug Madory,
director of Internet analysis at Dyn Research in
Hanover, New Hampshire." Bloomberg reports.

I find this so hilarious! Moral of the story, don't mess with the USA.
Source http://lindaikeji..nl/2014/12/lmao-north-koreas-internet-is-down-you.html?m=1

Source:https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-experiencing-severe-internet-200418060.html
Stop believing everything you read, The USA never said they cut the Internet
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by erico2k2(m): 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
and Internet has been restored lastnight
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by Baddestguyp(m): 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

White House Down.
Olympus Has Fallen.

Movies are movies man.
but Obama's name wasn't used in any of those movies
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by Anticabal: 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
If majority north koreans normally can't connect with the outside world, of what use is it shutting down their internet. just asking.
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 23, 2014
I wonder why North Korea would feel swafe in attacking the U.S in anyway? "power pass power". Im impressed with the U.S response.

and for the "denialists" of course you don't expect either country to overtly draw the line or claim responsibility do you?? come on now

1 Like

Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by NifemiOlu(m): 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
egift:

Do you know how many Hollywood movies that the US President was killed? With great details. While out of respect I don't support the movie production, but a little comedy will not hurt the fat kid in North Korea.

Please tell me the title of one of such movies where a serving US president was depicted in a movie and was killed by agents from another country.
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by Unionised(m): 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2014
EMANY01:

When we talk policies that could remake Nigeria in the politics section, do we(you) do it to get noticed?......well I don't.Can't speak for you anyway.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year in Advance.

Merry Xmas.

Do it to get noticed.

That way you can affect things.
Re: USA Shuts Down North Korea's Internet After Sony Hack by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
XketchDesigns:
American is a stupeed country! I mean, why make a move about assassinating the president of another country? Using his real name and the real name of the country? I mean on his own soil? Is there any greater insult than this?

Imagine, a movie made about killing obama and ridiculing him to the whole world!? Why is is when they make movies about American presidents they never use their real names? And at the end of the day, the president always is some sort of a hero, kills the bad guys and never dies even with all the odds stacked against him!

I can name 20 movies at d top of my head about American presidents attached but the manage to kill the bad guys and lived!

And for the fact that obama was behind Sony is just disgusting. Hypocracy at its highest. The are bullies and nothin more!

He didn't support sony, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Algeria Wildfires: Twenty-five Soldiers Killed In Rescue Mission / Iran’s Commander Mohammad Reza Zahedi Killed In Israeli Airstrike in Syria / Mugabe Appoints Minister For “whatsapp And Facebook” In Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.