Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Jumia VS Computer Village - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Jumia VS Computer Village (3083 Views)

Computer Science Vs Computer Engineering Which Is Better / Ikeja Computer Village To Be Relocated To Katangowa Market / Msc Vs Computer Certifications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia VS Computer Village by Bumperharvest20(f): 6:34am On Dec 23, 2014
Compliments of the Season!!!
Dear Good People of Nairaland, I am a Student in one of the Federal Universities and in need of Laptop as we all know that its a must-have for every student. At last! I'm getting one soon and a bit confused whether to buy it online so they deliver it to me in Ado-Ekiti(Free Delivery) or buy it from Computer Village since I will be going to Lagos soon and please indicate why computer village is preferable, why Jumia is preferable or U can suggest any other online purchase channel that is better.
Moreso, which between these options sells at a cheaper rate?,
I also want to know the best type of hp with 4GB,750GB to opt for.
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by pacesetter939: 6:43am On Dec 23, 2014
Online shopping would offer you cheaper rate but you have to be sure of their supplier.
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by Bumperharvest20(f): 7:02am On Dec 23, 2014
pacesetter939:
Online shopping would offer you cheaper rate but you have to be sure of their supplier.
Thanks and which online shopping channel is the best?
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by bedfordng(m): 8:04am On Dec 23, 2014
your best shot is to go to computer village.you can negotiate price with sellers and also inspect what you are buying.test run it and make sure its ok before taking it home.
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by emmyvet(m): 8:30am On Dec 23, 2014
Bumperharvest20:
Dear Good People of Nairaland, I am a Student in one of the Federal Universities and in need of Laptop as we all know that its a must-have for every student. At last! I'm getting one soon and a bit confused whether to buy it online so they deliver it to me in Ado-Ekiti(Free Delivery) or buy it from Computer Village since I will be going to Lagos soon and please indicate why computer village is preferable, why Jumia is preferable or U can suggest any other online purchase channel that is better.

Computer village? Please if you are not conversant with computer village don't go alone so that you won't buy refurbished laptop and go home and start coming here to tell us the laptop I bought last month can't ................. Again. (but if you have someone in computer village you are good to go or you meet a good computer technician to accompany you to Computer villa you just find small money for him.
Online shop may not give you the best quality but you can still go for some reputable guys like jumia/conga/karma etc.

1 Like

Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by wman(m): 9:49am On Dec 23, 2014
Since you are not knowledgeable about such your best bet is Jumia/Konga.
The type of Laptop to buy depends on your budget and if you are into gaming and 3d rendering.

What is your budget?
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by pacesetter939: 5:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
Bumperharvest20:

Thanks and which online shopping channel is the best?
Jumia or Konga is nice.
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by Bumperharvest20(f): 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
pacesetter939:

Jumia or Konga is nice.
Ok...Thanks
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by Bumperharvest20(f): 8:15pm On Dec 23, 2014
wman:
Since you are not knowledgeable about such your best bet is Jumia/Konga.
The type of Laptop to buy depends on your budget and if you are into gaming and 3d rendering.

What is your budget?
Thanks...65 to 70K
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by Bumperharvest20(f): 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
emmyvet:

Computer village? Please if you are not conversant with computer village don't go alone so that you won't buy refurbished laptop and go home and start coming here to tell us the laptop I bought last month can't ................. Again. (but if you have someone in computer village you are good to go or you meet a good computer technician to accompany you to Computer villa you just find small money for him.
Online shop may not give you the best quality but you can still go for some reputable guys like jumia/conga/karma etc.
Aiit Sir...thanks

1 Like

Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by Bumperharvest20(f): 8:19pm On Dec 23, 2014
bedfordng:
your best shot is to go to computer village.you can negotiate price with sellers and also inspect what you are buying.test run it and make sure its ok before taking it home.
Noted!!! Thanks Sir!
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by wman(m): 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
Bumperharvest20:

Thanks...65 to 70K

That would get you a good HP or Dell system with 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb hard drive and an okay 4th gen Intel Pentium processor system.

It is best if you order from Konga or Jumia and pay on delivery.
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by femi4: 12:04am On Dec 24, 2014
Bumperharvest20:

You have access to varieties in computer village. Offers in Jumia and Konga will limit you to whatever specs they have in stock

BTW, which Fed University do we have in Ekiti State?
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by Bumperharvest20(f): 8:22am On Dec 24, 2014
femi4:
You have access to varieties in computer village. Offers in Jumia and Konga will limit you to whatever specs they have in stock

BTW, which Fed University do we have in Ekiti State?
Ok Sir!... Federal Uni. Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by Tunnamania(m): 9:09am On Dec 24, 2014
Buy HP 15 r005nia: 500gb HDD , 4gb ram,2.16ghz, 2013 model.
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by Bumperharvest20(f): 9:46am On Dec 24, 2014
Tunnamania:
Buy HP 15 r005nia: 500gb HDD , 4gb ram,2.16ghz, 2013 model.
Hmmmmn... Thanks
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by Tunnamania(m): 1:35pm On Dec 24, 2014
Bumperharvest20:

Hmmmmn... Thanks
yhu welcome.
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by darocha1: 1:51pm On Dec 27, 2014
Dont buy gadgets or electronics from online stores.Be warned
Also computer village can be a dangerous zone cos its mostly filled with products from CHINA & DUBAI.
If you need help on this add our online PR 7B5E78B9
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by dazekid(m): 7:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
Bumperharvest20:

Hmmmmn... Thanks

As someone said, don't go to computer village unless you have someone looking out for you. With a 65-70k budget, you can get a fairly good laptop. Fairly good becomes really good if you are not necessarily looking to buy a new computer. I usually buy PCs for people and I can tell you that computer village is a much better option if you know your way around and have contacts as opposed to junks or Konga where they only market what they have at the moment which may not be the best you can get for your budget.
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by Bumperharvest20(f): 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
Thanks to U all for the wonderful advice. Happy 2015 in adv... See U there!
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by femi4: 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
Bumperharvest20:
Thanks to U all for the wonderful advice. Happy 2015 in adv... See U there!
You too, we are waiting to unbox your new laptop!
Re: Jumia VS Computer Village by Bumperharvest20(f): 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
femi4:
You too, we are waiting to unbox your new laptop!
Sure...By HIS Grace!

(1) (Reply)

Fix: Google Chrome Won’t Launch To Desktop Mode In Windows 8 / Which Laptop Brand Do You Think Is The Best? / How To Open A Verified Paypal Account From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.