Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! (1798 Views)

Poverty Mentality Of Nigerians And The Ripple Effect / Some "Home Alone" Characters People Exhibit. / 10 Bizarre Ways People Tried To Start Their Own Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 23, 2014
You see two folks:

One has "physical cash" but he still begs because he's trying to be smart.

The other doesn't really have much but lives his size.

Some folks are like the former.

By way of introduction, Poverty is a mindset that says, "Keep this little one you have, you may not have another one."

Does that strike a cord in you?

The good thing is over the years, different religions (Christianity, Islam, Budhaism, Traditional Religion, Witchcraft and Demonology etc) have all unanimously come to an agreement on how to live a life of abundance: VISUALIZATION!

#Holds break#

How Do Some People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing?

1. Stealing From Others.

Especially in this Yuletide season, thieves will be recruited from every nooks and crannies.
In politics nko, hmm, Haven't you seen The Rich of Yesterday? Now, they're Broke! Stealing from others cannot guarantee a lifetime of wealthy living, No!
People who steal from you will always need to steal from you to live! FACT!

2. Cheating On Others

Some folks do this as fun. In businesses, we see this a lot. They tell all kinds of lies to make, perhaps, #1000 extra!
Have you noticed that the sellers who cheat becomes very good at it and still remains there to keep it rolling?

3. Being An Addicted Borrower.

Every company is supporting Debt ranging from banks to MTN, hmm.
How can I be so broke that I'll start borrowing credit? Hmmm, poverty is a mindset.
Those who are indebted are always on the move.
Please don't be caught in the eye of Debt! You may not survive it!
Imagine living your wife and kids with debts to pay after you're gone!
Debt is bad!

Quit ALL these gambling and football betting, na so e dey take start, before you bet your house and kids!

4. Being A Miser

I know what it means to spend wisely. I'm talking about not even taking care of your own self in the name of savings that one ish can wreck...
Some people work but their family haven't felt them yet! AkA gum!

Only a poor mind does that!

This Christmas Season, Go, Give something out to family at least!

5. Always Saying "I'm Broke"

After watching a scientific documentary titled "THE SECRET", where I learnt how what you casually say WILL BE YOUR EXPERIENCE!
I shook in fear...I haven't been a bad boy in this area, lol...
#can't go into details #
Watch your tongue, Man!

This, "we dey manage small small" is a signature to Living a life of Financial Mediocrity!

What you say, PUTS THE UNIVERSE TO WORK for or against you!

6. Spending More Than Your Income

This is actually born as a result of poor planning sha.
You want to show how trendy/ caring you are too, so you empty your small savings account for a girl or perhaps for a change of ward robe!

I laff you! She too will laff you!
Give according to your size! Don't pledge 1M, when your yearly income 500Gs. No na!

7. Looking And Appearing Poor.

Looking Good they say, it's good business.
Poor people are first and foremost sighted by their appearance.
Change that torn belt.
Cut your bushy hair.
Press those clothes.
Look #spick and span# all the time whether to the market or the work.

Wearing seductive gowns or bum short to the market tells me you don't have a better dress! Shikena!

Brian Tracy was he who stated, The greatest discovery of our age is that YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE BY THE WAY YOU THINK AND ACT!

The BIG question: What about those who have money and are just opposite all these?

They're Non Existent!
At least, they know some of these principles and keep it.

Thanks!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 7:43am On Dec 23, 2014
number 3 especially..
Borrowing is very very bad for any individual cos the bad news is that you must pay back grin, and you'll see cronic borrowers borrowing to pay off another debt angry more like digging a hole to cover up another hole.

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Omexonomy: 7:44am On Dec 23, 2014
Spot on. Those of you who love begging for bear in the bear parlour you know ur selves
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by vizier007(m): 7:53am On Dec 23, 2014
people that have 2.5G data and still restrict background data on their phone.. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Applaner: 7:57am On Dec 23, 2014
good write up

I love de 5th point.

front page material

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 23, 2014
Applaner:
good write up

I love de 5th point.

front page material

Yea, you're right.

This is Informative especially in this Xmas period!

People are too Extravagant in their spending...

Them go come begin January 2015 as paupers... It's not NECESSARY!
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Freiburger(m): 10:07am On Dec 23, 2014
8. Aggressively asking you for a favour as if you are owing them cheesy cheesy
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 23, 2014
Freiburger:
8. Aggressively asking you for a favour as if you are owing them cheesy cheesy

As in...
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 23, 2014
I agree with all.
I hate when people try to borrow from me angry -Am I a micro finance bank? undecided
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
I agree with all.
I hate when people try to borrow from me angry -Am I a micro finance bank? undecided
was abt making a funny,witty mention buh i had to pause cheesy ..Ur mood ryt nw's unpredictable..Lolz
Merry xmas in advance,hawt-Mrz
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by chibwike(m): 12:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
vizier007:
people that have 2.5G data and still restrict background data on their phone.. grin grin
Lol...i do that at times..coz of lalastilala
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
I agree with all.

Funny enough, sometimes they have money in their account which they've tagged "Till I Die",... Na my money com be careless money?
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
SuperMartins:
was abt making a funny,witty mention buh i had to pause cheesy ..Ur mood ryt nw's unpredictable..Lolz
Merry xmas in advance,hawt-Mrz
lolz.
My mood is perfect, slow day....... sad
Merry Christmas too.

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by iyisco2001(m): 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
yuletide season is here, you will start seeing them everywhere.
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 23, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lolz.
My mood is perfect, slow day....... sad
Merry Christmas too.

Thanks.. smiley
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by HonourablePomk: 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
I agree with all.

God provided for you why not provide for others? They are people out there living on a dollar per day,they are homeless individuals out there,they are people who won't get to feel love this Christmas because insurgency cut short the lives of their loved ones.

Go out today and show love to those who won't expect it. You have been blessed be a blessing to the less privilege.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
HonourablePomk:

God provided for you why not provide for others? They are people out there living on a dollar per day,they are homeless individuals out there,they are people who won't get to feel love this Christmas because insurgency cut short the lives of their loved ones.

Go out today and show love to those who won't expect it. You have been blessed be a blessing to the less privilege.

My dear, don't play preacher with me.
*read to understand.
*There is a difference between giving/borrowing (this is where dictionaries come in handy.)
*I worked for it, it didn't fall from "wherever" @emboldened.
*If I decide not to lend people money - it is entirely my business...you can't change it with this your petty write-up.
*As for giving, trust me...you don't give more than me.

Thanks.
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by HonourablePomk: 6:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

My dear, don't play preacher [/b]with me.
*[b]read to understand.

*There is a difference between giving/borrowing (this is where dictionaries come in handy.)
*I worked for it, it didn't fall from "wherever" @emboldened.
*If I decide not to lend people money - it is entirely my business...you can't change it with this your petty write-up.
*As for giving, trust me...you don't give more than me.

Thanks.

Thanks.
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by joseph1832(m): 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
Emusmith I must say I disagree with your number one and two. Those who cheat and steal from others end up being wealthy (in the nigerian context). You observe our politicians, men of God and past head of states and you'll agree with me totally, even some employers of labour have joined the gang.

Stealing and cheating happen to be one of the easiest ways people make money, even the 'yahoo boys' fall under this category.

On the other hand, if poverty is a state of mind then I can't say its encompassing.

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
HonourablePomk:

Thanks.

Sorry cry
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
joseph1832:
Emusmith I must say I disagree with your number one and first. Those who cheat and steal from others end up being wealthy (in the nigerian context). You observe our politicians, men of God and past head of states and you'll agree with me totally, even some employers of labour have joined the gang.

Stealing and cheating happen to be one of the easiest ways people make money, even the 'yahoo boys' fall under this category.

On the other hand, if poverty is a state of mind then I can't say its encompassing.

Making money AND being wealthy: Are they the same?

Can you think hard on that?
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by joseph1832(m): 7:49pm On Dec 23, 2014
emusmith:

Making money AND being wealthy: Are they the same?

Can you think hard on that?
Those who make money are the wealthy ones even though people make money on different scale money making level differ, thus if one is not making money one can not be wealthy.
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by Sammyblaq(m): 8:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
Living above ur income...dat is one bad act.
More Dangerous than STDs
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by vizier007(m): 9:47pm On Dec 23, 2014
chibwike:
Lol...i do that at times..coz of lalastilala
lols..
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by taiocol: 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
How can I be so broke that I'll start borrowing credit? Hmmm, poverty is a mindset.

Poverty is massaging you well. Which one be borrow credit?
Na airtime person der borrow nor be credit ode
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by kendrick9(m): 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2014
vizier007:
haha. seriously this is so true
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by freshness2020: 11:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
How can I be so broke that I'll start borrowing credit?
Hmmm, poverty is a mindset

Don't look at it from one side. Dat feature also applies to those who are in an area where they can't get call credit but resort in getting fixed up from MTN/glo borrow me feature!
Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by uhuns: 6:41am On Dec 24, 2014
to all.
one great news channel once said.... to understand the story you have to know the people involved.

with that i say to understand the op you have to watch the film........

after watching the film and you didn't recommend to to your friends instantly then............

i watched the film some years back, i am in line with the op.

warning....... watch the film alone.

Re: Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! by iamrealdeji(m): 7:36am On Dec 24, 2014
Point one is wrong,most of these politicians are still rich o

(1) (Reply)

Governor Rotimi Amaechi's Role In Gmb's Victory In Pictures / Top Funny Word That Will Make You Laugh And Cry / 15 Difference Between Nigerian Girls On Instagram And Reality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.