Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

How To Unlock An Iphone: Iphone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 Or 6 Plus - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Unlock An Iphone: Iphone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 Or 6 Plus (9254 Views)

How 2 Unlock AN Android Phone Password Or Pattern Lock WITHOUT LOOSING YOUR DATA / Unlock Iphone 4/4s/5/5s/6/6s/7/7s Imei Code Online Unlocker Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Unlock An Iphone: Iphone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 Or 6 Plus by onlykay(m): 5:19pm On Dec 23, 2014
How to unlock an iPhone

SIM not provisioned

Some iPhones are easier to unlock than others, depending on the carrier and the phone's circumstances. Your mobile phone provider may be able to unlock the phone for free, and this is more likely if your iPhone's original contract has ended. However, it's trickier to get your iPhone unlocked if your contract is still valid.

Unlocking your iPhone is completely legal if you purchased the device unsubsidised of have finished paying for your contract. However, if you're still paying for your contract, you technically don't own the iPhone yet, so you really should check with your carrier before unlocking it.

Of course, not every iPhone needs unlocking. Most of the iPhones Apple sells in the UK work on all networks. It's the iPhones that you have purchased from a carrier that are more likely to be locked to that network.

You'll discover that your iPhone has been locked to a particular network if you insert a SIM card from another network into the iPhone and attempt to make a call. If it doesn't work, it's likely that your iPhone is locked to your network.

Don't forget that the iPhone 4S uses a MicroSIM, which is bigger than the iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, and iPhone 6 so be sure you're using the correct sized SIM. See: iPhone 5s vs iPhone 5C comparison review.

Here's a list of popular UK carriers and how to go about getting your iPhone unlocked by them:

O2 requires you to fill out an online form to unlock your iPhone.

Three also has an online form to allow you to unlock your iPhone.

Virgin Mobile: Call 780 from the iPhone or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone

Tesco: Tesco says it will only provide you with a code to unlock your iPhone if you've been with the carrier for 12 months or if you've completed your contract. If that's you, you'll need to call 0800 0321 320

EE (including Orange and T-Mobile): To unlock your EE iPhone, you'll need to have had your account for at least six months, and you'll need to have paid all of your bills to date. EE says it'll take up to 20 days to unlock your iPhone, and it'll cost you £20.42.

If you're happy with that, you'll need to fill out the online form.

Vodafone: Vodafone charges a fee of £19.99 to unlock your iPhone, which you can do by filling out its online form. The carrier says it could take 7-10 days. See also: iPhone 5s vs iPhone 6 comparison review
What to do once your iPhone has been unlocked

When your carrier has agreed to unlock your iPhone and has processed your request, you'll need to replace the old SIM card with a SIM card of the carrier you wish to change to. Make sure your iPhone is off when you do this, and when your turn your iPhone back on it will talk you through any further updates that may be required.

If you don't have the original SIM card but have requested for your iPhone to be unlocked by the original carrier, you'll need to reset your device.

Make sure you back up your iPhone by connecting it to your computer and using iTunes to perform a backup, and then completely reset your device by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Everything will be wiped from your iPhone following this process, so backing up your iPhone is EXTREMELY important to do first.

You can now complete the setup assistant on your iPhone and restore your iPhone from the backup you created. Insert your new SIM card. This should mean that your iPhone is now unlocked.

You don't have to go through your carrier to unlock your iPhone, though we think it's better if you can. If that's not possible, you can use an unlocking service. You might know of an unlocking service in a retail area local to you, or you can visit MobileUnlocked.com or OfficialiPhoneUnlock.co.uk. They'll charge you a small fee, and we'd recommend avoiding anyone who attempts to charge you more than £25 to unlock your iPhone.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/apple/3523361/how-unlock-iphone-4s-iphone-5-iphone-5s-iphone-5c-iphone-6/
Re: How To Unlock An Iphone: Iphone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 Or 6 Plus by cool0: 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
Itv very informative, i got my iphone unlocked by getting unlock code here http://www.mobileunlocksolutions.com/apple/rs1wp8/ they were highly recommended in the mobile forums.
they are accredited with the good rating in google checkout
Re: How To Unlock An Iphone: Iphone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 Or 6 Plus by cool0: 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
Itv very informative, i got my iphone unlocked by getting unlock code here they were highly recommended in the mobile forums.
they are accredited with the good rating in google checkout
Re: How To Unlock An Iphone: Iphone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 Or 6 Plus by kyletores: 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
I unlock my iPhone 6 AT&T in this service http://www.myunlockservice.com/store and work very fast and safely. If your iPhone is Locked on UK Network how Vodafone UK, Orange UK, O2 UK T-Mobile UK or Three Uk Network The best service to Unlock UK iPhone is This http://www.unlockiphonesim.co.uk/
Re: How To Unlock An Iphone: Iphone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 Or 6 Plus by YerYer: 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
Pls will a Verizon iPhone 6 work in Nigeria or does it have to be unlocked? I'm asking cuz I read somewhere that Verizon iPhone 6 is already unlocked. I'm about to pay for one but need confirmation it Will work in naija

Re: How To Unlock An Iphone: Iphone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 Or 6 Plus by dscott: 6:14am On Jun 03, 2016
I just stumbled upon this discussion. I know it’s been a while, but I just thought I’d share a site that provides codes to unlock phones that I found recently since there seems to still be a lot of people looking for them. I used http://www.unlockyoursim.com a couple of days ago and it worked a wonder! Nokia phone owners might be interested in checking it out, but since there are codes available for other phones as well, so would other phone owners. It provides the instructions and code for your phone after selecting the carrier and model. It will also ask you to fill out a short survey, but I didn’t mind as something good actually came out of it. So I’d recommend. I hope it works for you as it did for me!
Re: How To Unlock An Iphone: Iphone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 Or 6 Plus by necessityeliza: 12:14am On May 09, 2017
There are many ways to unlock a iPhone and I sort the safe way to unlock mine, through permanent unlock service from Classicunlocking.com
Re: How To Unlock An Iphone: Iphone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 Or 6 Plus by Liwenjing(m): 3:20pm On May 09, 2017
Please contact me for all original Iphones 5 and 5s Gold 32GB and 64GB. Original memory cards and genuine power bank. All Iphones are already unlocked and new with earphones, charger, sim card removal tool and instruction manual. A trial will convince you. Serious people please. Whatsapp number 09079339525
Mail:kkarizona2008@gmail.com

No need stressing yourself unlocking. All are new and never locked. Please contact me for all original Iphones 5 and 5s Gold 32GB and 64GB. Original memory cards and genuine power bank. All Iphones are already unlocked and new with earphones, charger, sim card removal tool and instruction manual. A trial will convince you. Serious people please. Whatsapp number 09079339525
Mail:kkarizona2008@gmail.com
Re: How To Unlock An Iphone: Iphone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 Or 6 Plus by necessityeliza: 1:08am On Sep 11, 2017
There are many ways to unlock a iPhone and I sort the safe way to unlock mine, through permanent unlock service from Unlock-zone.com

(1) (Reply)

I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed / Glo Cheat For Android Phones 2018 Working 100% / How To Check 9MOBILE Bonus - Airtime And Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.