Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Debit Card Withdrawals Outside Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Debit Card Withdrawals Outside Nigeria (3040 Views)

Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria / 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. / Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debit Card Withdrawals Outside Nigeria by JayJustus(m): 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hello nairalanders!!

I wanna know which debit card in Nigeria will charge me the lowest of the lowest fees cos I've been using GTBs master card here in Malaysia and swear down the charges have been outrageous. GTB would charge their regular 240-420 not sure of which back home, my mum tells me but here the charge can range from the minimum of 2000 naira to even 5000 bucks if I withdraw alot. Okay last three weeks I had 1000 malaysian ringgit which is 52k in naira but all I could remove was 840 ringgit which is about 44k and what remained inside was like 17 ringgit...so meaning in naira I lost around 7k to charges. I've talked to GTB so many times they saying it's not their fault, I've tried all the banks here still the same giant charges. So I don't know who has had something related like this and can shed more light. I'm losing so much seriously. Thanks and hope y'll will help a nigga,.

Cheers
Re: Debit Card Withdrawals Outside Nigeria by Sassyp(m): 11:50am On Dec 24, 2014
its the same with mine too..i think the conversion rate is included as well
JayJustus:
Hello nairalanders!!

I wanna know which debit card in Nigeria will charge me the lowest of the lowest fees cos I've been using GTBs master card here in Malaysia and swear down the charges have been outrageous. GTB would charge their regular 240-420 not sure of which back home, my mum tells me but here the charge can range from the minimum of 2000 naira to even 5000 bucks if I withdraw alot. Okay last three weeks I had 1000 malaysian ringgit which is 52k in naira but all I could remove was 840 ringgit which is about 44k and what remained inside was like 17 ringgit...so meaning in naira I lost around 7k to charges. I've talked to GTB so many times they saying it's not their fault, I've tried all the banks here still the same giant charges. So I don't know who has had something related like this and can shed more light. I'm losing so much seriously. Thanks and hope y'll will help a nigga,.

Cheers
Re: Debit Card Withdrawals Outside Nigeria by JayJustus(m): 2:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
Sassyp:

with the conversion rate I think those charges are too bogus...
Re: Debit Card Withdrawals Outside Nigeria by JayJustus(m): 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
Sassyp:

with the conversion rate I think those charges are too bogus...have you tried any other bank?? my friend was telling me Zenith charges less...
Re: Debit Card Withdrawals Outside Nigeria by bigtt76(f): 6:18am On Jun 08, 2015
GTB is better compared to Zenith Bank. Had the same experience in India, my colleagues were charged in the neigbourhood of N240 to N420 to withdraw while mine was going as high as N800 naira so I guess the switch being used matters. May be you should do a cost-benefit analysis of what it would take getting wired funds from Nigeria as compared to card withdrawals.

JayJustus:

with the conversion rate I think those charges are too bogus...have you tried any other bank?? my friend was telling me Zenith charges less...
Re: Debit Card Withdrawals Outside Nigeria by mattfeuter(m): 9:12am On Jun 08, 2015
JayJustus:

. . Trust me!
Re: Debit Card Withdrawals Outside Nigeria by cityAdventures: 2:07am On Jun 12, 2015
Naira debit card withrawals on international machines is a rip off..in india am charged 1,000 in the USA i habe not yet been able to figure just how many thousands i am always charged. Better pos
Re: Debit Card Withdrawals Outside Nigeria by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
Lol, y does d op sound like someone I know
Meanwhile gtbank's still d cheapest and most effective. Your problem may have to do with either the ringgit dats been falling against dollar or the atm u use. Try using rhb bank atm. It charges less and doesn't have daily withdrawal limit. At least it didn't have at d time I was still there earlier this year. And one tip too, do use pos (point of sales) when required e.g to pay large sums of money like school fee. It charges a suprisingly small amount only.
Btw, what part of malaysia do u reside?
Re: Debit Card Withdrawals Outside Nigeria by 19naia(m): 12:25am On Aug 22, 2015
On international withdrawals, you are paying a fee to your home bank and that is often steeper than the usual domestic withdrawal fees.
You are also possibly paying fees for conversion if not a total percentage of transaction in fees for conversion and withdrawals ,and then an added ATM fee charged by the ATM you are using.
The steep fee may be from the foreign bank whose ATM you are using.

(1) (Reply)

Any Nairalander In Oman, Please Kindly Help Out ! / The Ocean Is Deeper Than We Think / Would Be Driving From Port Harcourt To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.