Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:56 PM

Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? (2354 Views)

The 14 Best Moments In Every Relationship / . Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? / 3 Elements Every Relationship Needs If It Is Going To Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by Omolola1(f): 9:51pm On Dec 23, 2014
Can you genuinely remove arguing from a relationship or do you believe arguing is a natural part of a healthy relationship?

What happens if you find arguing detrimental but your partner finds it natural?

What’s the difference between an argument and a debate?
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
its not necessary to argue
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by vizkiz: 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
Why wouldn't you argue with your partner Its not like you are dating a dumb head. But when the arguement turns into "fights" then that's trashy
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by BreezyRita(f): 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
Arguments are okay. Fights are not.
Every relationship is prone to it.
What is important is knowing when and where to stop. See it getting tense and dropping it...

Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by Sanchez01: 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
Arguments are not okay and so are fights. None is. If you find yourself in a relationship with a guy who has a sick ego, you might end up winning an argument with him but would likely end up destroying tons of things. Arguments may be inevitable, particularly when there are differences but that is not to say that they are good.
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by ednut1(m): 11:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
Unless u date a mumu or gold digger. Argument is normal. Bt wen it degenerates into violence. Run
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 23, 2014
No perfect human, so how can there be a "perfect" relationship free of little quibbles?
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by temitemi1(m): 4:54am On Dec 24, 2014
Arguments strength relationship...
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by Nobody: 4:58am On Dec 24, 2014
I open thread when my gf don't argue with me,she saw it herself...she got angry but things changed for better...argument is very ok but shouldn't be too much
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by Nobody: 5:07am On Dec 24, 2014
Argument is an intrinsic part of our existence as humans.

Constructive arguments helps us to have a wholistic view of any situation.

It helps to have a sneak preview of someone elses thoughts and understand a situation better. If done right arguments can help us in our decision making.

I would prefer a lady who can argue constructively and present her points logically over one who believes the husband is the only one with the bright ideas.
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by Omolola1(f): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2014
striktlymi:
Argument is an intrinsic part of our existence as humans.

Constructive arguments helps us to have a wholistic view of any situation.

It helps to have a sneak preview of someone elses thoughts and understand a situation better. If done right arguments can help us in our decision making.

I would prefer a lady who can argue constructively and present her points logically over one who believes the husband is the only one with the bright ideas.

Constructively. .
That's the word
Some people argue blindly..male and female inclusive
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by chimerase2: 8:31am On Dec 24, 2014
Argument is always part of it
Dat is wen she has dn something wrong
And its also part of correction
Wen I argue with her if she knws she is wrong she won't accept all she will be saying is I HV HEARD, ISSOKAY
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 24, 2014
I'm okay with whatever she does. Life is simple dan we take it,if there will be argument it will be from her not me.
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by englishmart(m): 8:44am On Dec 24, 2014
why wouldn't you argue when you make him spend so much and don't give him his entitlements! wink
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by sunnyt1(m): 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2014
If there exists a relationship anywhere that doesnt involve arguement, it is a classic expression of the word"pretense"

Any partner who rebukes you wheneva u attempt to query a particular tin doesnt respect you and is a glorified bully.

But too much arguement is equally bad and wrong.

When a partner picks up arguement everyday and everytime, e no good

When heated arguments become the norm, sometin is wrong
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 21, 2015
A relationship is between 2 different people with different personalities... So its natural to argue, cos there's no way you'll agree on every issue... And arguments bring excitement to relationships, it makes u heard, ur opinion are expressed not hidden and allowed to fester...
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
In my opinion

Arguments are okay in a relationship as long as it doesn't lead to "quarrels" or "fights"
Coz I believe some arguments can spice up a relationship maybe intellectually.
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by Nobody: 3:57am On Mar 22, 2015
Argument is not about being right or winning a discussion but finding ways to listen and respect each other's opinion . it is a process of reasoning.
I hate it when one keeps quiet in a relationship and never really expresses what they are feeling or thinking about and ends up assuming things and building up resentment.
A relationship without arguments most times ends on a bitter terms due to useless assumptions and built up resentment.
Some things get clearer when we argue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by Chimarto: 6:29am On Mar 22, 2015
She always want to know why girls always sit both side of me during church service. haha
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by johnjon: 8:31am On Mar 22, 2015
softysparky:
Argument is not about being right or winning a discussion but finding ways to listen and respect each other's opinion . it is a process of reasoning.
I hate it when one keeps quiet in a relationship and never really expresses what they are feeling or thinking about and ends up assuming things and building up resentment.
A relationship without arguments most times ends on a bitter terms due to useless assumptions and built up resentment.
Some things get clearer when we argue.

Exactly!

That's so frustrating.
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by sinizia: 10:10am On Mar 22, 2015
Omolola1:
Can you genuinely remove arguing from a relationship or do you believe arguing is a natural part of a healthy relationship?

What happens if you find arguing detrimental but your partner finds it natural?

What’s the difference between an argument and a debate?

1. No, I don't think couples can remove arguing from their relationship. It's impossible. It's in our nature to argue/disagree with each other. But what matters is that it's a healthy argument. Some argument gets overboard and spirals out of control. That's a bad argument and sets a precedent that will mar the relationship. Some arguments when channeled properly leads to a good outcome.

Take for an example, back in the day, when our last child wanted to attend high school. My parents argued over which school will best suit her. It's a healthy argument. No fights whatsoever. It's during the argument that my dad saw reasons with my mother's superior points and views against his, and decided to tow her path. As long as partners are matured about it and make sure it doesn't lead to a free for all, then it's okay. But most times, it leads to escalated beef. So caution should be applied.

2. If I find an argument detrimental and my partner finds it natural, I'll have to calm her down and reach a level playing ground where we've to agree to disagree. Sometimes even when I'm right and she's wrong, I'll stop arguing to avoid it getting nasty, it doesn't mean I buy her ideas. Then after some aqua silence, I can stylishly put my points across to her. But constant arguing or heated argument all the time is a no-no for me. If it persist, I'll quit the relationship.

3. These words seem to have similar meanings, possibly with different connotations. They're like identical twins with slight difference. Like Peter and Paul of P-Square. grin

Debate is a more formal, more intellectual type which normally concerns factual events, or theories concerned with persuading the opposing party to
an alternate viewpoint.

While argument is not formal, more personal and doesn't usually involve factual events.

1 Like

Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by Mhizizzy(f): 1:51pm On Mar 23, 2015
Argument is cool if it does not turn to fight
Re: Is Arguing A Natural Part Of Every Relationship? by mrkels(m): 11:33pm On May 26, 2015
Happens everyday, but that doesn't make it a natural part of a relationship. There are some people who understand themselves perfectly and if you ask me, I honestly don't know how they do it.

Just don't allow that argument escalate into violence, hatred and something ugly. Know when to compromise and come back into talking terms. Learn how to say sorry too.
That might just help ease out the tension when the tempo gets really high. Remember never to allow that tempo reach its peak, because sometimes, there might be no going back.

(1) (Reply)

When You Study Overseas And Your Girlfriend Demands Proof(photo) / Ladies! Can You Take Such A Man Home To Meet Your Parents? [photo] / Please Advise: Did I Over React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.