Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

My Top Ten Songs That Rocked Naija Musi C Industry In 2014 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / My Top Ten Songs That Rocked Naija Musi C Industry In 2014 (707 Views)

MI Abaga And Iceprince Zamani Announced As New CEO And VP Of Chocolate City Musi / Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 / Worship Songs That Connect You To The Heavenlies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Top Ten Songs That Rocked Naija Musi C Industry In 2014 by passijelams(m): 1:44am On Dec 24, 2014
''MY" TOP TEN SONGS THAT ROCKED NAIJA MUSIC INDUSTRY IN 2014
As the year runs out, the Nigerian music industry is one sector that really boomed and entertained us. Hence it is little surprise why the Headies awards greeted some peeps for their job well done in the year running. I have come up with MY own list of the songs I reckon made their marks this year. You can disagree and add yours as well.
10) Story for the Gods by Olamide. Olamide thrills the dancehall with this Terry G-esque hit which arguably is the most-played track in his album. Since his arrival into the music scene with Omotosho and the wonder song, First of All, this prodigy who is the acclaimed inspiration of fellow rapper, phyno, has never looked back.
9) Double Wahala by Oritse Femi. The Musical Taliban killed it all with this wonder track of his. Followed up by a nice remix with the koko master, D’banj, Femi seems to have come to stay in the scene.
cool Shoki by Lil Kesh feat Davidoo & Olamide. Prior to now, only a handful of music lovers reckon with this prodigy, Lil Kesh until this single of his. Shoki, a street banger with its unique and amazing dance movement has got every Nigerian artiste doing their own version of it.
7) Alobam by Phyno. Phyno continues to build his popularity not only amongst marketers and show promoters but also the streets with his originality in his concepts. This raw and hardcore track transmits a sense of highness into every street gee. If you doubt me, take a cursory look around your street and you will find up to 3 amongst 12 people donning a shirt with the inscription ALOBAM on it. Nice track. Good opium to rap lovers.
6) Johnny by Yemi Alade. The self-acclaimed King of the Queens hit the industry real hard and by storm with her hit single, Johnny. A hilarious melodrama filled with energy and vigour displayed in the video spiced up the rich afro-beats. Any surprise that the jamz was produced by Sele Bobo.
5) Sekem by Galaxy. The new dance step in vogue now. Comedian Galaxy brings humour to the stage and track by lecturing us on his invented dance steps. Sekem should pass as the best dancehall song in 2014. Try sitting down when the track plays and see what happens to you next. Powerful beat. Tspice again!
4) Girlie O by Patoranking. This dude is for real. Trailing his successful first single, Alubarika, is this reggae/dancehall killer with a rather sentimental and human right video against domestic violence. What about the remix with the Doro Diva herself where she killed it with her sensual flows. What ya say!
3) Gallardo by Runtown. This was all Runtown needed to skyrocket to spotlight. There is just something about this beat produced by Tspice and even the incoherent rhymes that make DeeJays to ever put the track on repeat. You just have to move to it. Featuring Davidoo, this will forever live as Runtown’s greatest work.
2) Aye by Davidoo. Omo Baba Olowo himself provides the clubs as well as wedding celebrants a song to usher in themselves. Powerful and moving beats, nice and romantic lyrics; exactly what one can call a complete song. Though most girls will disagree with him that they actually want designers and Ferraris, as well as his love.
1) Dorobucci by Don Jazzy ft Mavin Crew. Doroooo Doro bucci eeh, I bu onye ebee? Lol. Even my parents know this song and can sing to it. It is indisputably the song that rocked the African audience most in the year 2014. The way everyone moves to it, I mean literally everyone, e come be like say na juju dem carry do the beats. Na wa oh. Don Baba J! I throway cap for u and your crew!
Re: My Top Ten Songs That Rocked Naija Musi C Industry In 2014 by Beesluv: 5:34am On Dec 24, 2014
Yeah, you are right

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Of 2014 / 2face Seen Kissing Baby Mama Pero Adeniyi / Being A Successful OAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.