Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,887 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" (2668 Views)

Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers / Boko Haram Founder Is Now My Friend And Brother - Femi Fani-kayode / Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by donguutti: 10:49am On Dec 24, 2014
As a non Partisan, Fence sitter ,I have making effort to know more about our Presidential Aspirants and thus make an
Informed decision on Feb 14 2015.Since there is not much to be discovered about the SHOELESS and CLUELESS Jesus of Otuoke
(except of course his preferred Brand of Rum for the season)i decided to turn my attention to the "Peoples General".I have
read Interviews, speeches by GMB.The Latest of Which is that with Thisday Newspapers.

In that Interview , the General refers to Mohammed yusuf as "a young charismatic man" amidst other Important issues

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-in-quest-to-secure-nigeria/196454/

Politicians use unemployed youths as vanguards, they called them ‘Ecomog’ in the North-east then. One of their leaders called Yusuf, a young charismatic man, tried to give it a religious tinge but unfortunately the chaps were badly handled by the security forces - a combination of the police and the military. There wa

Now I want to know why Does GMB thinks Yusuf was/is charismatic, How did he become aware of Yusuf's charisma,

What did Yusuf do to impress GMB to warrant the "charismatic" Compliment

Why does the General Consider Yusuf charismatic and maitasine Evil.

Would GMB go to People/areas Afflicted by BH, Kano, Chibok,Markets,mosques,churches,Bus parks , Tertiary and tell them
that the Origin of our Collective Nightmare is charismatic.

You Buhari Supporter, was/is Mohammed Yusus charismatic to you? if yes Please explain

CC: Obiagell,Descartes, MudRaker, barcanista, Firefire,Ngwakwe, NgeneUkwenu, omenka,egift

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 24, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by temitemi1(m): 10:55am On Dec 24, 2014
Sense is very far from u... GEJ till 2019!!!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by MudRaker: 10:58am On Dec 24, 2014
Buhari just like majority of northern Muslim tacitly support Boko Haram.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 24, 2014
@ OP: what is your definition of Charisma? Have you heard of Charisma as a result of Brain? And brawn?
Only a charismatic fellow could attract followers and make them do his biddings like Yusuf did, Osama bin laden, Barrack Obama, Muhammadu Buhari,Ojukwu, Tony Aninih etc. The only distinction is that Yusuf , Osama and co used their charisma to actualise evil act, while Barrack Obama, Muhammadu Buhari, Tony Aninih etc used theirs to actualise their political prospects and nation building. At your question, yes, Yusuf was charismatic but being charismatic doesn't necessarily translate to something positive

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Obinoscopy(m): 11:01am On Dec 24, 2014
Hmmmmm, interesting.
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 24, 2014
Op the olodo. See below the definition of charisma which even most armed robbery gang leaders and cult leaders possess.

" compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others"

Yusuf clearly had charisma to get such devotion from his followers. It does not mean he was a good person

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by omenka(m): 11:08am On Dec 24, 2014
donguutti:
As a non Partisan, Fence sitter ,I have making effort to know more about our Presidential Aspirants and thus make an
Informed decision on Feb 14 2015.Since there is not much to be discovered about the SHOELESS and CLUELESS Jesus of Otuoke
(except of course his preferred Brand of Rum for the season)i decided to turn my attention to the "Peoples General".I have
read Interviews, speeches by GMB.The Latest of Which is that with Thisday Newspapers.

In that Interview , the General refers to Mohammed yusuf as "a young charismatic man" amidst other Important issues

Now I want to know why Does GMB thinks Yusuf was/is charismatic, How did he become aware of Yusuf's charisma,

Would GMB go to People/areas Afflicted by BH, Kano, Chibok,Markets,mosques,churches,Bus parks , Tertiary and tell them

You Buhari Supporter, was/is Mohammed Yusus charismatic to you? if yes Please explain

CC: Obiagell,Descartes, MudRaker, barcanista, Firefire,Ngwakwe, NgeneUkwenu, omenka,egift

Jonathan calls Boko Haram his siblings and says he can't order the army to wipe out his family.

Mr man, next them when you want to write trash keep my moniker out of it. When you have real issues to discuss mention me.

Thank you.

And again, don't ever mention my moniker in the same place with one Ngwakwe or Mud-whatever. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by DesChyko: 11:12am On Dec 24, 2014
temitemi1:
Sense is very far from u... GEJ till 2019!!!

You're insulting a comrade of yours.. Too bad.
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by MalcoImX: 11:12am On Dec 24, 2014
Hitler too got lots of charisma, but evil.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Ngwakwe: 11:12am On Dec 24, 2014
What kind of question is this? Your understanding of the word charismatic is flawed.

Talking about Sheikh Mohammed Yusuf, this is a cleric whose weekly sermons can sell more than one million copies in the region across Nigeria, Chad and Niger republic.

I return the question back to you. Is Mohammed Yusuf not charismatic enough to have attracted so many believers and sympathisers ready to die for an ideology he championed?

In my own definition, he was indeed a fire brand.

I would've love him to be a Deeper Life convert. If then, I would've contributed in sponsoring his ministry and outreach to the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by donphilopus: 11:28am On Dec 24, 2014
OP, you see what you've caused yourself?! Everybody is now distancing himself from you. At least, you would have done yourself a favour if you had looked up the word "charismatic" before creating this thread.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Ngwakwe: 11:30am On Dec 24, 2014
omenka:

And again, don't ever mention my moniker in the same place with one Ngwakwe or Mud-whatever. Thanks.

Is like Ngwakwe is your nightmare or more of nemesis?

It is either you are quoting my comment and embarrassing yourself or spamming my mention.

Have I ever crossed your part or even quoted your comment in absence of your call?

Please, maintain your lane. I am to advance to engage in gossip or be a busybody.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by donguutti: 11:32am On Dec 24, 2014
barcanista:
@ OP: what is your definition of Charisma? Have you heard of Charisma as a result of Brain? And brawn?
Only a charismatic fellow could attract followers and make them do his biddings like Yusuf did, Osama bin laden, Barrack Obama, Muhammadu Buhari,Ojukwu, Tony Aninih etc. The only distinction is that Yusuf , Osama and co used their charisma to actualise evil act, while Barrack Obama, Muhammadu Buhari, Tony Aninih etc used theirs to actualise their political prospects and nation building. At your question, yes, Yusuf was charismatic but being charismatic doesn't necessarily translate to something positive

Thank you , but would Obama , Hillary clinton,or any other leadership aspirant in Eu/America refer to Osama as A charismatic Individual

Definition

a. A rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm.
b.1 compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by MalcoImX: 11:32am On Dec 24, 2014
donphilopus:
OP, you see what you've caused yourself?! Everybody is now distancing himself from you. At least, you would have done yourself a favour if you had looked up the word "charismatic" before creating this thread.
Na phockphockman's classmate.
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by motherlode: 11:35am On Dec 24, 2014
Buhari is right to have said YUSUF is a charismatic leader because he( yusuf ) was able to attract those large amounts of followers who are members of BH!!!
Op must have studied in otuoke where their certificate can't be justified!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 24, 2014
donguutti:

Thank you , but would Obama , Hillary clinton,or any other leadership aspirant in Eu/America refer to Osama as A charismatic Individual

Definition

a. A rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm.

your definition has vindicated Muhammadu Buhari. Without Charisma, you can't be a leader. Whether a Leader of cult group, political group, terrorists, religious group etc, you need charisma. The question is "a positive" or "negative" intent? Another is what can be made out of the fellow? Lemme give you an instance, Isaac Boro declared Niger Delta republic in 1966, he was arrested and jailed for treason within 2 weeks by Gen JTY Ironsi. When Ojukwu declared biafra republic, General Yakubu Gowon realised the need for a brave and charismatic figure from Niger Delta that commands following, he released the "jailed" Boro, drafted him into the Army and gave him the rank of a Major for him to head a unit and emancipate the Niger Delta from the clutches of Biafran rebels which he did within a short period. He was honored even at death till this moment. What if he was executed like the way Wiwa was? Sometimes we need to look beyond emotions. That doesn't justify Muhammed Yusuf action, arresting him was a great opportunity ffor us to understand their position as at 2009 and nip it to the bud before it got out of hand like we are experiencing today.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Ngwakwe: 12:00pm On Dec 24, 2014
donguutti:

Definition

Was Sheikh Mohammed Yusuf not an Islamic cleric with more than a million followers?
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2014
Your last paragraph is so on point. Sadly, Yaradua government blew that chance and opportunity that is so rare.
Ngwakwe:
What kind of question is this? Your understanding of the word charismatic is flawed.

Talking about Sheikh Mohammed Yusuf, this is a cleric whose weekly sermons can sell more than one million copies in the region across Nigeria, Chad and Niger republic.

I return the question back to you. Is Mohammed Yusuf not charismatic enough to have attracted so many believers and sympathisers ready to die for an ideology he championed?

In my own definition, he was indeed a fire brand.

I would've love him to be a Deeper Life convert. If then, I would've contributed in sponsoring his ministry and outreach to the world.
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 24, 2014
motherlode:
Buhari is right to have said YUSUF is a charismatic leader because he( yusuf ) was able to attract those large amounts of followers who are members of BH!!!
Op must have studied in otuoke where their certificate can't be justified!!! grin

the op is indèed a blind mole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Firefire(m): 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2014
Buhari is a time waster, take him serious at your own peril. undecided
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by supremus: 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
TERRORIST ARE ISLAMIC FUNDAMENTALIST
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by donguutti: 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
barcanista:
That doesn't justify Muhammed Yusuf action, arresting him was a great opportunity ffor us to understand their position as at 2009 and nip it to the bud before it got out of hand like we are experiencing today.

Yet we praise GMB for taking out Maitesine and Makaniki under A civilian Shagari,Which he did as GOC 3rd Divison and
condemning the the Police for doing same to Yusuf,yes you can become a leader via coercion rev king,Isis and BH
prove this.

Ngwakwe:

Was Sheikh Mohammed Yusuf not an Islamic cleric with more than a million followers?

How did GMB deduce that Yusuf followers followed him out of charisma and Not coercion,if a chibok
girl comes out tomorrow and speaks of shekau's charisma , how would you react.Coercion is a
standard mode of ISIS,BH and many terror groups.
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
donguutti:

Yet we praise GMB for taking out Maitesine and Makaniki under A civilian Shagari,Which he did as GOC 3rd Divison and
condemning the the Police for doing same to Yusuf,yes you can become a leader via coercion rev king,Isis and BH
prove this.

How did GMB deduce that Yusuf followers followed him out of charisma and Not coercion,if a chibok
girl comes out tomorrow and speaks of shekau's charisma , how would you react.Coercion is a
Maitetsine wasn't captured, he was killed in battle. Our position is that "had it been" the government tried Yusuf and did what was right, the BH menace would have been long dead in 2009.
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by XketchDesigns(m): 1:05pm On Dec 24, 2014
donguutti:

prove this.

Why do you think like dog na?
So he coerced "one million" people.

Mind you this was when boko had not turned violent! During Yusuf era, all he did was preach against the dangers of western education and how it tarnished the society. What he did mostly was indulge in debates with other clerics on the issue. Which most of the time if not all, he was beaten hands down.

It was only after his death that the group turned to violence.

And that "one million" figure is outrageous!
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by GreatSoul: 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
OMG! I cannot believe what I am reading from the horses mouth in this thisday link

GMB just succeeded in making a fool of everyone that has been rooting for him.
At the risk of derailing this thread, it is obvious from the interview that 'charismatic yusuf'
is the very least of his utterances we should worry about.

donguutti:

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Moheat(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
GMB has no moral justifications to come out and said a bokoharmist is charismatic
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Ngwakwe: 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
donguutti:

prove this.

As I told you earlier, Sheikh Mohammed Yusuf made his money through sales of his weekly sermons across the region transversing Northern Nigeria, Chad and Niger Republic.

Were his fans and followers coerced to buy those tapes (recorded sermons)? Certainly No.
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
1stCitizen:
Op the olodo. See below the definition of charisma which even most armed robbery gang leaders and cult leaders possess.

" compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others"

Yusuf clearly had charisma to get such devotion from his followers. It does not mean he was a good person

Too many dumb people on nairaland. Watch the mods move this up
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by scribble: 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ethno Religious Fundamentalist Cattle Rearing Coup Plotting Civilian Administration Overthrowing Goat can only see his fellow colleagues as charismatic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
barcanista:
Only a charismatic fellow could attract followers and make them do his biddings like Yusuf did, Osama bin laden, Barrack Obama, Muhammadu Buhari,Ojukwu, Tony Aninih etc. The only distinction is that Yusuf , Osama and co used their charisma to actualise
evil act, while Barrack Obama, Muhammadu Buhari, Tony Aninih etc used theirs to actualise their political prospects and nation building. At your question, yes, Yusuf was charismatic but being charismatic doesn't necessarily translate to something positive
The tone of the comment, does it hail or yusuf or not
That's what I think d op was driving at
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by esere826: 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
donguutti:

that Hitler was charismatic doesn't mean we love him
Charismatic simply means someone whose eccentric actions plus oratory is so enchanting and compelling to attract devotees

Buhari can almost be called charismatic, save that he is not eccentric and lacks oratory. he however has a cult-like following

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why There Is No Terrorism In Japan For The Last 30 Years / Meet Segun Abraham / JAFFERSON FRAUD: Aisha Buhari 2nd Day Counting, Failure To Honor Your Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.